New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 183 of 235 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2348
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Sent you PM.
    thank you.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Hi Dieseldude, help nman sa isuzu hilander ko, 98 model. kung minsan ay parang nag e-engine break kapag nag accelerate. biglang humihina power, minsan ay nmamatay pa. nagpalit nko fuel filter at nilinis n rin water separator. npansin ko rin one time n nkalubog ung prime pump, hinila ko lang pabalik. please help..

more power...

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    sir dieseldude.. just a question.. what is the truth behind the diesel fuel of the different companies around? is the quality different? or is it just the cleanliness of the fuel itself from a particular company.. I don't know.

i have noticed in my starex.. that if i buy diesel from Petron, it feels really sluggish, and the exhaust smoke is noticeably black.. and at idle the engine clatter is also louder. but when i buy diesel from small players.. i can feel the power is better.. and the engine is quieter. I've been on Petron for years......no complaints so far. I'll make it a point to try other brands on my future out of town trips. Thank you for sharing your experience.

i just wonder has anyone done any test on the differrent diesel fuel from the different suppliers? I haven't seen any research document on this matter.
    thanks for your reply sir.. actually a few years ago we went on a land trip to mindanao.. and from the first day that we started our travel.. shell diesel is all i used for the whole round trip and all the refuelling we did in mindanao.. chika chika kasi back then was that Shell diesel was the best.hhmm.when we got back here in manila. i decided to change fuel filter.. and i found that the fuel filter was very dirty.. so since then i just fuel up where ever i can.. and now i just try to find the cheapest fuel.. heheh..

by the way. on that trip bago change oil starex ko.. new fuel filter and air filter also...

anways thank you again sir.. i do hope someone can make an independent study on the different fuel available here in the philippines.. and post the results here.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    hi sir dieseldude, help nman with my isuzu hilander sl 98. sometime ay biglang parang nag e-engine break pag accelerate. replaced fuel filter at clean water sep. could it be the prime pump?

thanks and best regards..

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by avignacio View Post
    Hi Dieseldude, help nman sa isuzu hilander ko, 98 model. kung minsan ay parang nag e-engine break kapag nag accelerate. biglang humihina power, minsan ay nmamatay pa. nagpalit nko fuel filter at nilinis n rin water separator. npansin ko rin one time n nkalubog ung prime pump, hinila ko lang pabalik. please help..

more power...
    Meron kang bara sa fuel line mo between fuel tank and filter. Baka barado rin ang breather sa filler cap ng fuel tank.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    thanks for your reply sir.. actually a few years ago we went on a land trip to mindanao.. and from the first day that we started our travel.. shell diesel is all i used for the whole round trip and all the refuelling we did in mindanao.. chika chika kasi back then was that Shell diesel was the best.hhmm.when we got back here in manila. i decided to change fuel filter.. and i found that the fuel filter was very dirty.. so since then i just fuel up where ever i can.. and now i just try to find the cheapest fuel.. heheh..

by the way. on that trip bago change oil starex ko.. new fuel filter and air filter also...

anways thank you again sir.. i do hope someone can make an independent study on the different fuel available here in the philippines.. and post the results here.
    I hope so too..... And you're welcome...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Sir, Ive read your post from day 1 till this last post you wrote. Maybe you can help me with my problem. We have a 98' L300 diesel versa van 4D56 NA engine. Well maintained at 144K+ mileage. I had the the IP calibrated and Nozzle tip replaced back in '08 (mileage before was 110K+) since it was starting to smoke and having poor fuel consumption. Since the calibration, I noticed that the power was not restored that much and its pick up was mediocre during acceleration, changing gear & during uphill was not satisfying. The feeling was like the engine is "sakal". Had it brought back to the calibration center several times where timing was adjusted, valve clearance to specs, and filters changed to OEM but still power is not enough. Compression is still good. Ive driven several high mileage toyota hiace diesels and I can say they have way more power than the L300 and they dont smoke that much either. I've lived with this burden for a few years until early this month I can't take its poor fuel consumption anymore (around 1 liter: 5-6km) so I had the injection pump re opened (at the same calibration center but with a different "veteran" technician. I watched how he cleaned the pieces one at a time and the only piece we replaced was the fuel feed pump sub assembly since it was the only one showing signs of wear along with the oil seal and the gaskets. Other parts inside the injection pump were replaced last 2008 and was noted to be ok. The IP was then calibrated with a BOSCH calibration machine at "full load" and other adjustments set to specs. The Nozzle tip (ZEXEL) was still ok and calibrated to specs around (150-160 pressure). Injection pump-to-engine timing was followed (at "0" alignment marks). Once installed, I noticed the engine to run smoother though a little bit with a higher idle. Acceleration was much acceptable this time, the only thing I noticed is that It smokes a little more when changing to higher gears (esp from 2nd to 3rd gear). My filters are relatively new, (around 7,000km used since I bought them). The fuel filter is ViC while the air filter is OEM (made in the Philippines-MItsubishi ). I had the air filter cleaned with compressed air. I had my exhaust pipes hosed off to remove the accumulated particulates. The only thing I havent done is to adjust the valve clearance. It still smokes. What else seems to be the problem that needs to be addressed? I suspect the material of the OEM air filter (made in RP) is not that good compared to the old stocks that are made in JApan, hence, not permitting enough ram air? Do I have to replace my filters? I live in baguio by the way, sir

cheers and kind regards, sir

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sir, Ive read your post from day 1 till this last post you wrote. Maybe you can help me with my problem. We have a 98' L300 diesel versa van 4D56 NA engine. Well maintained at 144K+ mileage. I had the the IP calibrated and Nozzle tip replaced back in '08 (mileage before was 110K+) since it was starting to smoke and having poor fuel consumption. Since the calibration, I noticed that the power was not restored that much and its pick up was mediocre during acceleration, changing gear & during uphill was not satisfying. The feeling was like the engine is "sakal". Had it brought back to the calibration center several times where timing was adjusted, valve clearance to specs, and filters changed to OEM but still power is not enough. Compression is still good. Ive driven several high mileage toyota hiace diesels and I can say they have way more power than the L300 and they dont smoke that much either. I've lived with this burden for a few years until early this month I can't take its poor fuel consumption anymore (around 1 liter: 5-6km) so I had the injection pump re opened (at the same calibration center but with a different "veteran" technician. I watched how he cleaned the pieces one at a time and the only piece we replaced was the fuel feed pump sub assembly since it was the only one showing signs of wear along with the oil seal and the gaskets. Other parts inside the injection pump were replaced last 2008 and was noted to be ok. The IP was then calibrated with a BOSCH calibration machine at "full load" and other adjustments set to specs. Does this workshop have the Bosch/Zexel calibration data for your specific pump part number?

The Nozzle tip (ZEXEL) was still ok and calibrated to specs around (150-160 pressure). Injection pump-to-engine timing was followed (at "0" alignment marks). A dial indicator tool is required when timing the pump to the engine.

Once installed, I noticed the engine to run smoother though a little bit with a higher idle. Acceleration was much acceptable this time, the only thing I noticed is that It smokes a little more when changing to higher gears (esp from 2nd to 3rd gear). The diesel workshop probably adjusted your IP to deliver more fuel to give you more power.

My filters are relatively new, (around 7,000km used since I bought them). The fuel filter is ViC while the air filter is OEM (made in the Philippines-MItsubishi ). I had the air filter cleaned with compressed air. I had my exhaust pipes hosed off to remove the accumulated particulates. The only thing I havent done is to adjust the valve clearance. Then check your valve clearances and adjust if necessary.

It still smokes. What else seems to be the problem that needs to be addressed? I suspect the material of the OEM air filter (made in RP) is not that good compared to the old stocks that are made in JApan, hence, not permitting enough ram air? Do I have to replace my filters? Temporarily remove your air filter to check for any improvement in power.

I live in baguio by the way, sir. Baguio has very lean air due to its high elevation. It is normal to experience some loss of power because your engine is naturally aspirated. Turbocharged engines are more suitable for lean air/high elevation sites like Baguio.

cheers and kind regards, sir Thank you.....

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Does this workshop have the Bosch/Zexel calibration data for your specific pump part number?
    [/COLOR] - yes, sir

A dial indicator tool is required when timing the pump to the engine.
    - this I was not able to see when they re-installed the IP since I had a call to attend to. I can ask them. But I presume the timing is within specs as the engine does not knock and feels zippy during acceleration compared before..

The diesel workshop probably adjusted your IP to deliver more fuel to give you more power.
    - in that case can I back out the fuel delivery screw a little? (around quarter turn outwards). Will adjusting this fuel delivery screw mess up the calibration?

Then check your valve clearances and adjust if necessary.
    [/COLOR] - will do that, sir. thanks

Temporarily remove your air filter to check for any improvement in power.
    - ok sir, I'll try that

Baguio has very lean air due to its high elevation. It is normal to experience some loss of power because your engine is naturally aspirated. Turbocharged engines are more suitable for lean air/high elevation sites like Baguio. - I understand that, sir. Not yet keen on putting a turbocharger on this old hag, sir, as it is a mule and an all purpose van. But that suggestion is nice.

Another question, sir, will putting an Oil Catch can help in reducing the exhaust fumes in any way? I understand the use of oil catch can.

Thanks again, sir

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    Does this workshop have the Bosch/Zexel calibration data for your specific pump part number?
    [/COLOR] - yes, sir

A dial indicator tool is required when timing the pump to the engine.
    - this I was not able to see when they re-installed the IP since I had a call to attend to. I can ask them. But I presume the timing is within specs as the engine does not knock and feels zippy during acceleration compared before..

The diesel workshop probably adjusted your IP to deliver more fuel to give you more power.
    - in that case can I back out the fuel delivery screw a little? (around quarter turn outwards). Pump will deliver less fuel, therefore less smoke and less power.

Will adjusting this fuel delivery screw mess up the calibration? It will alter the calibration. But you can put it back in it's original setting.

Then check your valve clearances and adjust if necessary.
    [/COLOR] - will do that, sir. thanks

Temporarily remove your air filter to check for any improvement in power.
    - ok sir, I'll try that

Baguio has very lean air due to its high elevation. It is normal to experience some loss of power because your engine is naturally aspirated. Turbocharged engines are more suitable for lean air/high elevation sites like Baguio. - I understand that, sir. Not yet keen on putting a turbocharger on this old hag, sir, as it is a mule and an all purpose van. But that suggestion is nice. I was not suggesting that you install a turbo. I was just stating a fact.

Another question, sir, will putting an Oil Catch can help in reducing the exhaust fumes in any way? I understand the use of oil catch can. It might...

Thanks again, sir
    You're welcome..

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk