Tsikot.com has several tools and processes in place to ensure fake, misleading or scamming ads are blocked and removed from the Website. However, the Website is not liable for such ads. Tsikot.com is also not liable for User loss due to such ads. It is the responsibility of the User to make sure it is using best and safest practices when buying a vehicle, such as never paying for a vehicles without seeing it.
There are a few tips we recommend to all our buyers to outsmart the scammers and protect yourself while using Tsikot.com.These tips are important for Buyers and Sellers.
Tip 1 Searching
Keep an eye out for significantly undervalued vehicles. Scammer will do this to attract potential victims. If the deal seems too good to be true it probably a scam.
Tip 2 Contacting the seller
- If the seller hasn’t provided a phone number, make sure you established contact with the seller to find out they’re a legitimate seller.
- If the seller has provided a phone number make sure it works, also check to see the other details the seller has provided are correct.
- Ask questions about the vehicle to make sure the seller and their vehicle is genuine.
- Find out as much information as you can! The more you know, the better you can make an educated decision.
- Do not give any personal details other than the ones necessary to continue with the negotiation.
- Do not make any payments to the seller before inspecting the vehicle and making sure it is what you want.
Tip 3 Inspecting the item
- Read this article with recommendations on how to inspect a vehicle: The Do’s and Don’ts of Purchasing a Second-Hand Car in the Philippines.
Tip 4 Paying the seller
- We strongly recommend viewing, inspecting and test driving the vehicle before paying for it. The photos of the item might be great, but should double check in person before buying.
- Where possible, arrange to meet at a neutral location like a police station car park and try to take someone with you when you meet the seller.
- Be careful of sellers asking for a deposit at this stage. If you do choose to put a deposit down make sure you get a receipt for it.
- After you negotiated the amount, it is time to purchase.
- Use a method of payment that provides you with proof of purchase like a receipt or email confirmation directly from the provider.
- Also ask for a signed receipt with the date and time to confirm payment.
- Never send cash in the mail or by money transfer services such as Western Union.
- Do not send money to overseas Sellers.
Tip 5 Tip for Sellers
- Choose a secure password to your account.
- Be careful with buyers offering much more than the vehicle with worth.
- You are selling a vehicle, not buying. Therefore do not accept any request to transfer money to a buyer.
- When you receive the payment receipt, check it is genuine. It might be a good idea to contact your financial institution to check this. Scammers will fake a payment receipt and request a refund straight after.
- Do not accept internal cheques or money orders.
- Tsikot.com never send you emails asking for personal information, account information or passwords.
- Tsikot.com do not offer any payment services.
- Be careful with buyers and sellers asking your personal information.