New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 235 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I would like to help! Throw in your questions regarding problems with your fuel systems (injection pumps/ injectors/ turbochargers/ electronic systems/ etc.....) Then you guys take it from there...................if I can be of help, why not!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Dieseldude, how will I know if a Turbo is Watercooled or Oilcooled? and can one install a watercooled turbo with an oilcooler? and how?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi Rion,

All turbos are cooled and lubricated by the engine's lube oil. Aside from oil supply and drain lines, a water cooled turbo will have coolant supply and drain lines as well. Plumbing will often be attached to the center housing, near the oil lines. On high load applications, coolant is sometimes plumbed to the turbine housing, and the turbine housing will have the necessary fittings.

You don't have to install an oil cooler.

An air intercooler may help. This is located between the turbo's air discharge duct and the engine's air intake manifold.

I hope I have been of help to you. Good luck.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Hi Dieseldude,

I'll repost a hanging question i have on the other thread regarding preventing fuel injection problem, specific on the Patrol GU:

Quote Originally Posted by Boy Torotot View Post
    So any other tips to help avoid this fuel injection problem in the future? Here are some of the suggestions deduced from above posts:

1) regularly change fuel filters
    2) fill up only in stations known for their clean fuel
    3) do not install any fuel saving device
    4) sell your patrol

Anything else? How about using Biodiesel, could this cause fuel injection problem?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi Boy Torotot,

Check out my comments posted under the "Home-made Biodiesel"thread which I posted last September 24.

Your suggestions are OK, but I would like to add that when you replace your Fuel filters go for the Original (critical for this new models) not the replacement filters.. I am not selling for Nissan, but I have seen quite a number of problems when a replacement brand is used. Why scrimp on the cost when you do not spend this kind of money everyday for your vehicle!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Thanks sir! Will check your comments right away.

I've been using the original fuel filters, and having it replace regularly at the casa, since i got my ride. So they should be using original filters and not replacements.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post

All turbos are cooled and lubricated by the engine's lube oil.

You don't have to install an oil cooler.
    does it mean that my turbo is both Watercooled and Aircooled. may IN-OUT kasi yung water and oil paths sa Turbo...

and does it need a turbo timer?

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    An air intercooler may help. This is located between the turbo's air discharge duct and the engine's air intake manifold.
    thanks, may spare toyota 3c-tdi engine kasi kami, baka puwede ilagay sa aming 3c-td. hehe..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oil is primarily for lubrication, water is primarily for cooling.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Oil is primarily for lubrication, water is primarily for cooling.
    I'm still a bit confused sir Otep, other peeps differentiate the two... is there a Watercooled Turbo only and an Oilcooled only?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    does it mean that my turbo is both Watercooled and Aircooled. may IN-OUT kasi yung water and oil paths sa Turbo...
    If your turbo has oil and coolant plumbing, it is oil and water cooled. Oil primarily lubricates the turbo. Oil has a secondary function of cooling the turbo as heat energy is transferred to the oil, and further dissipated to the engine. Water cooling is sometimes integrated into the turbo design if it is expected to be used on high hp engines (more hp = more fuel = more heat).

and does it need a turbo timer?
    A turbo timer may help. However, if the original design doesn't have it, you don't really need it. So why spend more?

thanks, may spare toyota 3c-tdi engine kasi kami, baka puwede ilagay sa aming 3c-td. hehe..
    Pwede rin if you want to try.

Page 1 of 235 123451151101 ... LastLast
Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk