New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I would like to know if there are any suppliers here in the Philippines of engine scanners for OBD II compliant vehicles. I would appreciate anyone who could give me contact details.

Salamat.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Walang sumagot nito. May tanong ako, meron ba sa inyo (hindi mechanic or may sariling shop) na merong ganito?

Useful ba?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasoline Boy
    I would like to know if there are any suppliers here in the Philippines of engine scanners for OBD II compliant vehicles. I would appreciate anyone who could give me contact details.

Salamat.
    I think there is a supplier of the LAUNCH brand obdII scanner. It is in Visayas Ave. Q.C. The place is in between Mcdo and 7-11 store. They also do training and service there.

There is a big sign there of LAUNCH and VOLVO.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing
    Walang sumagot nito. May tanong ako, meron ba sa inyo (hindi mechanic or may sariling shop) na merong ganito?

Useful ba?
    The scanner is very useful specially for owners of new Mercedes, BMW and other expensive cars. It diagnoses everything inside the car from the ecu, aircon, electricals etc...

Euro cars and all German cars uses a lot of sensors that a typical japanese car does not have kaya an OBDII scanner is very important.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by edl100
    Euro cars and all German cars uses a lot of sensors that a typical japanese car does not have kaya an OBDII scanner is very important.
    How about the Jap cars released here, even the newer ones? Like you mentioned, they have less sensors, but do you know if they use the OBDII standard also/already? Heard kasi, at least sa U.S., they are already fitted with OBDII.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobeat
    How about the Jap cars released here, even the newer ones? Like you mentioned, they have less sensors, but do you know if they use the OBDII standard also/already? Heard kasi, at least sa U.S., they are already fitted with OBDII.
    Yes, I think almost all new cars now are obdII compliant.

I think the dealership now uses the OBDII since this means more income for them. Every scan means $$$. I think they charge about P3,000 at least per diagnosis.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i can supply any tools/equipment like scanners lab scopes,gas analyzers,stethoscopes etc.u name it i got it! i have access to alldata and mazda tech web.i have everything that technicians would need from made in china tools to snap-on.i am a mazda/ford technician have lots of experience in obd2 and CAN.email me at onsitemotorist*yahoo.com
    Salamat.[/quote]

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    [QUOTE=Gasoline Boy;512095]I would like to know if there are any suppliers here in the Philippines of engine scanners for OBD II compliant vehicles. I would appreciate anyone who could give me contact details.

yes i know someone. i bought a scanner from him last year and until now i do use it and very easy reliable OBDII scan tool. infact i made a lots of money doing service.

email me if you are interested. alpha_88888*yahoo.com

i'll give u all the info where to buy it and the programmed hardware is legit.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post

Useful ba?
    meron sa may d. tuazon qc. OBD2 16pin for all asian cars brand new unit and legit hardware and software not cloned copied programmed. can be updated thru internet for free. u need to register the unit first to update it.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by edl100 View Post
    The scanner is very useful specially for owners of new Mercedes, BMW and other expensive cars. It diagnoses everything inside the car from the ecu, aircon, electricals etc...

Clarification:

Any scan tool even the most complicated or expensive ones is not omnipotent and DOES NOT diagnose a car's malfunction. It is merely a tool to HELP THE TECHNICIAN to diagnose a condition or malfunction. Remember, machines do not have brains, you do.

The scan tool was not designed to replace knowledge, training, intelligence, intuition and experience of the technician. Sure anybody who has the money can buy any and all of the different scan tools but nobody can buy experience
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; February 15th, 2016 at 10:21 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Engine Scanners