New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    You should return to the Philippines and play for the Gilas.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Uh, yeah. I'd be leaving the game on a wheelchair.

It's one thing to make shots with no one else around and another thing to make shots while being guarded. It's also hard enough to play regular GIs, much less the base basketball varsity team.

Now soccer...... I probably would have easily made a collegiate team when I was younger. I was in the soccer varsity team of some bases I was stationed in.

If my grades weren't terrible back in the PH, I would've tried out as a Cardinal (Mapua?) in soccer.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 5th, 2016 at 02:37 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Anyone whos looking for a 5min workout, do this in 4 sets 15reps, target time less than 5 mins. Enjoy
    The Air Squat - YouTube

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'm on vacation starting today. I have no idea what my exercise schedule will be like. While my youngest kid did her swimming lessons, I spent my time in the pool. I didn't do laps (crawl and breast strokes) like I normally do. I did go to the deepest part of the pool and treaded water nonstop for 20 minutes and then practiced floating while remaining perfectly still. The last part was the hardest. It takes serious relaxation of the body, almost Zen-like. The moment I tensed up, my face sank below and I came up spluttering water through my nose. Had the arms and legs spread out, head all the way back, trying to keep the body relaxed and limber.

Oh. I also had to keep my head and neck out of the water and my shoulders at least level with the latter or higher. I did dip down to get wet. It was already 100 deg F. I didn't want a sunburn.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 8th, 2016 at 04:09 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Warming up....our maid went AWOL....laundry presses and washing machine squats muna

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I wasn't really concentrating on my free throws (67/100). I was even making one-handed attempts (3/6).

No treadmill today. 30 minutes on the elliptical on 14/20 resistance, speed ~3.8 mph. 30 minutes on the bike. Easy settings. I didn't even bother to count calories spent.

I'm on vacation. ;)

Oh. I also juggled an indoor soccer ball for a few minutes.

Then, all of those exercising had to vacate the premises because there was a Sesame Street event going on.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 12th, 2016 at 01:24 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Climbed 60 flights of stairs, broke my record of 43

image.jpg

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I did the treadmill today (30 minutes) at 6 mph. No elliptical and bike. I also skipped foul shots today and concentrated on perimeter shooting, both inside and outside the arc. No basketball games though. I can feel my left knee saying, "Not today."

I also went back to juggling a soccer ball in the gym. It's already too hot outside by 8 am. I juggled until the count reached 500. I got distracted at 300+ on the first attempt. I had no problems reaching 500 on the second attempt. Total count was 800+.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 14th, 2016 at 07:00 AM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Eating healthy and staying active which can be at times challenging with a 40hour a week desk job.

I mainly hike on the weekends and row 3 times a week before work. This year I've decided to challenge myself more and what used to be 2 mile hikes on the weekends are now hiking for at least 8 miles a weekend. 4 months ago I let Camelback mountain defeat me and this weekend I bagged my first 14er. The fire has been lit and I Plan to summit more 14ers. My recovery heart rate has improved by 50% and when I hike i have to at be least be at HR Zone 3.

Sample hikes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xthine View Post
    Eating healthy and staying active which can be at times challenging with a 40hour a week desk job.

I mainly hike on the weekends and row 3 times a week before work. This year I've decided to challenge myself more and what used to be 2 mile hikes on the weekends are now hiking for at least 8 miles a weekend. 4 months ago I let Camelback mountain defeat me and this weekend I bagged my first 14er. The fire has been lit and I Plan to summit more 14ers. My recovery heart rate has improved by 50% and when I hike i have to at be least be at HR Zone 3.
    I used to hike alone around the Lake Tahoe/Donner Lake area when I was single. I quit after I saw a bear. Two things I don't want to run into in the middle of nowhere and me unarmed: a bear or a mountain lion.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I was in rare form today (even the obvious misses had the lucky bounce). I lost count of my free throw attempts. But, I know the percentage of those that went in was well over 80%. One of the gym attendants sat down on the bleachers and watched me shoot. I'm not sure why he thinks it's a big deal. Effective shooting in basketball is merely consistency of form and adjustment for any distraction. Everyone should be capable of at least 70% on the free throw line.

I also did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes on the bike.

Prior blood pressure reading was 112/70 (pulse: 55).
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 15th, 2016 at 02:33 AM.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast