New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Past 3 days before sunrise, 35-40deg uphill sprints for 15 minutes. Heart could explode from the sprints. Clean air helps but the elevation surely depletes my work capacity. Hope to do 20-30minutes without hyperventilating lol.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Output yesterday, missed a couple of meals, cant eat anymore.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I made a few changes to my cardio routine. Instead of an hour apiece on the elliptical and bike, I now do 30 minutes on the elliptical, 30 minutes on the bike, 30 minutes on the treadmill. That gives me more time to do my 100 free throws. I also increased the resistance on both the bike and elliptical to make up for the shorter time.

I now do the 30 pushups and 50 sit-ups at home as part of my stretches/warm-up.

Edit:

Oh. The two days I don't go to the gym is when I do my (soccer) ball juggling. This new routine seems better organized now.
    Sir, try the farmers walk, its my favorite cardio exercise right now, 10mins and youre done just remember to wear flat sole shoes like chucks, not too heavy around 30-40lbs each hand so not too hard on the knees, if you can walk more than a minute increase the weight a bit.

Farmers Walk Exercise - Great Workout Finisher - YouTube

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    decades ago...
    i used to run the length of roxas blvd, three times a week. wala pang lupa sa may molopisya .. tubig pa lahat yon.
    20 push ups, some calisthehics, at the end of the run.
    eat anything i wish to, because i would just burn it all away in the next session.
    today, i'm a slob, taking the car every chance i get.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    decades ago...
    i used to run the length of roxas blvd, three times a week. wala pang lupa sa may molopisya .. tubig pa lahat yon.
    20 push ups, some calisthehics, at the end of the run.
    eat anything i wish to, because i would just burn it all away in the next session.
    today, i'm a slob, taking the car every chance i get.
    Kuya, its not too late to start all over again..btw how old are you na po?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    Sir, try the farmers walk, its my favorite cardio exercise right now, 10mins and youre done just remember to wear flat sole shoes like chucks, not too heavy around 30-40lbs each hand so not too hard on the knees, if you can walk more than a minute increase the weight a bit.
    Reminds me of one of my chores as a teen: hauling sand with two big metal buckets from the street (where the delivery truck dumped it) to the backyard where my mom wanted it.

I used to do farmer's walks when I was a member of the base soccer team. After I retired, I dropped all weight training in favor of cardio.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Ay...mid-life crisis what have you done again

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    Kuya, its not too late to start all over again..btw how old are you na po?
    i'm almost about to apply for dual citizenship.. thinking of moving to makati.. free cake.. free movies unlimited..
    my cardiologist will probably warn me from indulging what i used to punish my body over.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i'm almost about to apply for dual citizenship.. thinking of moving to makati.. free cake.. free movies unlimited..
    my cardiologist will probably warn me from indulging what i used to punish my body over.
    Still not too late, i have an uncle that started training when he turned 60, he's now a triathlete that regularly competes in australia, he's 65 right now, was recently admitted to the ICU, due to his gallbladder bursting that caused septicemia, 50/50 also, ..now he's training again...mine has gall stones that caused accute pancreatitis...i also didnt make, it was this january only....genetics??

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I recently did a little experiment by indulging in bags of chips/munchies for three days. My blood pressure shot up to 130+/80+.

Now that I backed off, my blood pressure is lowering back down (118/70, pulse: 57).

I guess I'll have to watch what I eat at parties and especially during NFL season.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 7th, 2016 at 11:22 PM.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast