New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    BP: 110/66 with a pulse of 57. I hadn't eaten chips for several days although there is a huge bag of cheddar potato chips standing by. USA vs Paraguay in Copa America 2016 on Saturday. I need them chips.

I want to see if all those tiger prawn I ate yesterday and the crabs in coconut milk I ate today will have an effect in the coming days.

I wasn't planning to go to the gym earlier today. But, I wanted to burn off all the rice I ate last night. Just a light workout with 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes on the treadmill (speed: 6 mph).
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 11th, 2016 at 02:11 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I wish my friends were in better shape. I wanted to participate on a 3 on 3 indoor soccer tourney earlier today in the gym. But, the two boneheads are too much into Copa America 2016 with both the USA and Mexico in the thick of it. They weren't going to miss the Mexico game.

I still can't get my free throw average to 75%. A lot of distractions in the basketball court with the soccer tourney today. 69/100.

I did some pretty good ball juggling earlier which prompted some of the players to ask why I'm not in the tournament.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 14th, 2016 at 12:31 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Nothing unusual. 35 minutes elliptical, 35 minutes bike, in addition to my warmups.

100 free throws. I still can't break 75%. I managed at least 80% with the first 65 shots (55/65). Then I started missing a lot more after that (71/100). I'm not sure why. Many shots that missed went in. But, then, the ball either bounced back out or rimmed out. Much harder to diagnose than a straight miss.

Played a couple games of 21 and practiced my 3-point shooting.

No treadmill today. For some reason, they were all full this morning.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 17th, 2016 at 04:34 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Light day at home. Just calisthenics (including the requisite 30 pushups and 50 sit-ups) and juggle a soccer ball.

-----
    Looking at the results of my free throws (at the gym) from the last few days....... It seems I can maintain 75% and even go 80% with the first 60 or so free throws. Beyond that, my aim started to falter and I saw more shots that bounced out or rimmed out. I don't think it was fatigue because after the free throws, I practiced my perimeter and 3-point shooting next. The majority found their mark.

I can fix shot attempts that were off a little to the side, causing the shot to rim out. It's much harder to fix a shot attempt that went in and then bounced back out. I very rarely make air balls. I haven't made one in years, even playing against taller guys plus being near-sighted.

Blood pressure seems okay. I was a bit worried because with all the soccer games on TV, I've been indulging myself with chips I cut down from eating the whole bag to sprinkling some on a napkin.....and making it last.

Left arm: 108/69 with a pulse of 53. Right arm: 105/70 with a pulse of 54.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 19th, 2016 at 11:10 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Workout? Chasing the daughter at kidzania

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    watched series 1-12, i might try crossfit one of these days. if someone has any experience, how was it? If its hard on the knees?

CrossFit - Killing The Fat Man: Episode 1 - YouTube

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ah, my aching knees. I may have to cut down on basketball (I quit competitive soccer as well) too unless I don't plan to do anything that involves jumping up and down (jump shots, layups, and rebounding).

A nice hot bath seems to sooth sore knees.

Anyway, 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes on the treadmill at 6 mph (~10 kph) followed by basketball afterwards. Perhaps, I should devote some gym days for basketball alone.

BP: 106/64 Pulse: 57
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 22nd, 2016 at 03:02 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    I might try crossfit, i want me and my wife to do something together, shes not into weights, i dont like long walks in the morning which we do regularly, we did hiking before, too punishing on the knees, there is a trial session near our place..ill ask the wife to give it a try..i know i could do burpees, squats, deadlift and push ups, its the pull ups thats im worried about

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I almost forgot.......

This is only temporary (over the next two weeks). But, while my youngest kid is being taught how to swim by her instructor, I've been doing laps on the pool. 3 or 4 laps with the crawl followed by a few laps with the breast stroke. Doing the crawl is pretty tiring. But, I can do the breast stroke all day. If there's some time left, I practice my floating. I can float (with limbs stretched out) without treading water. I thank my dad (old school USN) for that. It took some serious relaxing of the body. But, it can be done. A number of years I spent snorkeling also helped.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 1st, 2016 at 10:49 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Swimming is the best cardio exercise!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast