New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Ultimately, it will be competition which will drive prices lower.

At the moment, the demand is so low that there isn't any motivation for the distributors to compete in terms of pricing. The manufacturers themselves have already lowered prices, mind you, and yet the distributors here are still wary of doing that.
    I could be wrong but I read somewhere that its the DoF who are not keen on lowering the taxes (TRAIN) on Hybrids and EVs.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ultimately, it will be competition which will drive prices lower.

At the moment, the demand is so low that there isn't any motivation for the distributors to compete in terms of pricing. The manufacturers themselves have already lowered prices, mind you, and yet the distributors here are still wary of doing that.
    Ioniq 5 N is priced super competitively at P4.25M.
    US price is $67k, or P3.885M. With VAT that's 4.3M, so we know Hyundai PH is passing on the full benefit of the tax exemptions to the customer.

Othere retailers are pocketing most of the difference as profit.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Ioniq 5 N is priced super competitively at P4.25M.
    US price is $67k, or P3.885M. With VAT that's 4.3M, so we know Hyundai PH is passing on the full benefit of the tax exemptions to the customer.

Othere retailers are pocketing most of the difference as profit.
    Just like what Nissan did to their Kicks ePower. Found a loophole in law that enable them to save more on taxes by classifying Kicks as full EV instead of hybrid. But pricing is still the same. Wala namang discount binibigay to customers.
    So sa executives napupunta savings comes bonus season.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    I could be wrong but I read somewhere that its the DoF who are not keen on lowering the taxes (TRAIN) on Hybrids and EVs.
    if i were the taxman, i'd also be against lowering taxes on anything...
    but if there were a law requiring and not only suggesting tax lowerings under certain conditions...
    Last edited by dr. d; May 19th, 2024 at 03:45 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    The NEDA board just approved extension of zero duties on EV's until 2028. The list of e-vehicles have also been expanded to included e-motorcycles, e-bikes, e-trikes, and e-quadbikes.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post

Majority of the hybrids and EVs that are being sold in the PH are expensive luxury vehicles. The country is missing out on millions on taxes. The EV law should have placed a price cap on the lowered import tax on EV/hybrids to help promote more AFFORDABLE EVs & hybrids.

The PH can do with less multi-million EVs and more sub-P2M EVs.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    The NEDA board just approved extension of zero duties on EV's until 2028. The list of e-vehicles have also been expanded to included e-motorcycles, e-bikes, e-trikes, and e-quadbikes.

Without a price cap on what EVs get zero duties on import, it will just get abused by increasing numbers of ultra expensive luxury EVs that only the rich can afford.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Basic common sense ... it's mostly rich people that have the extra funds to risk buying EVs ... and MOST EVs are above 2M in price ... that ones that are below 2M are china made vehicles with questionable safety and reliability issues ... do you see Toyota or Honda EVs? ... How much is the cheapest Hyundai or Kia EV? ...
    Last edited by Walter; May 23rd, 2024 at 12:32 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Basic common sense ... it's mostly rich people that have the extra funds to risk buying EVs ...
    same sentiment I have with the "cheaper" E20 fuel... only the rich have new cars na gagamit ng cheaper fuel