New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    What does your health regimen consist of?

Here's mine:
    - calamansi/lemon juice first thing in the morning
    - apple cider vinegar 2-3x a day
    - black rice in at least one meal a day

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I hit the gym 5x a week.

I normally spend 2 hours on cardio: 1 hr on the elliptical, 1 hour on the stationary bike. Resistance of 14/20 with the elliptical. Sometimes, I up the resistance to 18/20 until my knees start to ache (usually after about 20 minutes). Then I dial the resistance back to 14/20, all at a moderate pace. The bike has a resistance of 10/20 at a leisurely pace. I treat it as a cool-down, just watching videos on the tablet and not paying attention to any of the readouts.

If I wasn't worried about my right knee, I'd sub running 1.5 miles (2.4 km) at the track within 12 minutes for the above.

Afterwards, I do 50 sit-ups (within 1 minute), 35 pushups (within 1 minute). I also do some underhand pull-ups on the bar (just 5 tops, He He).

If I have time, I'll do my 100 free throws at the basketball court plus "around the world" drill beyond the 3-point line. Or, I'll play a half-court scrimmage.

If I don't have the time, I do 15 minutes of ball-juggling (soccer ball).

I don't have a set diet although I cut own on snacks between meals.

I record the calorie readouts from the cardio machines, the food I ate, my weight, and blood pressure for both left and right arms in an Excel spreadsheet.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 13th, 2016 at 12:50 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I hit the gym 5x a week.

I normally spend 2 hours on cardio: 1 hr on the elliptical, 1 hour on the stationary bike. Resistance of 14/20 with the elliptical. Sometimes, I up the resistance to 18/20 until my knees start to ache (usually after about 20 minutes). Then I dial the resistance back to 14/20, all at a moderate pace. The bike has a resistance of 10/20 at a leisurely pace. I treat it as a cool-down, just watching videos on the tablet and not paying attention to any of the readouts.

If I wasn't worried about my right knee, I'd sub running 1.5 miles (2.4 km) at the track within 12 minutes for the above.

Afterwards, I do 50 sit-ups (within 1 minute), 35 pushups (within 1 minute). I also do some underhand pull-ups on the bar (just 5 tops, He He).

If I have time, I'll do my 100 free throws at the basketball court plus "around the world" drill beyond the 3-point line. Or, I'll play a half-court scrimmage.

If I don't have the time, I do 15 minutes of ball-juggling (soccer ball).

I don't have a set diet although I cut own on snacks between meals.

I record the calorie readouts from the cardio machines, the food I ate, my weight, and blood pressure for both left and right arms in an Excel spreadsheet.
    very impressive! sounds like you're bound for the Olympics bro

i hit the gym 2 to 3 times a week.

run for 10 to 20 mins (used to be at least an hour every day, but that was more than a decade ago when i was still in the uniformed service)

lift weights. bench press. crunches and reverse crunches (in 45 degrees incline) all in 3 sets and 15 reps. planks.

diet- less carbs, mostly sea food, fruits and viggies, sometimes lean meat.

i quit smoking. i don't drink beer anymore, but not totally alcohol free.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Life is unfair! I cant even lift a bottle of beer.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Life is unfair! I cant even lift a bottle of beer.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Don't even think about it bro....

Wait,- di ba't may picture kang may mga kasamang brown bottles?

Ako biggest KJ,- no rice! [except the occasional half-garlic rice from Bacolod Chicken Inasal.. ]
    If at all possible,- no pork nor beef,- but can't help it....

Plus, the ubiquitous katuga - with the last as my full-pledged exercise... I ascended the steps (200+ nga ba- i did not count) going to the view deck of chochills a couple of weeks ago,- toe-to-toe with two of our kids, with no letup and with a few breaths to spare at the top... Whew! it was breath-taking indeed!

I walk/bike for an hour each day, around our village...

My opium?... Coffee!

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

29.5K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
    Last edited by CVT; May 13th, 2016 at 11:07 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    very impressive! sounds like you're bound for the Olympics bro

i hit the gym 2 to 3 times a week.

run for 10 to 20 mins (used to be at least an hour every day, but that was more than a decade ago when i was still in the uniformed service)

lift weights. bench press. crunches and reverse crunches (in 45 degrees incline) all in 3 sets and 15 reps. planks.

diet- less carbs, mostly sea food, fruits and viggies, sometimes lean meat.

i quit smoking. i don't drink beer anymore, but not totally alcohol free.
    He He. Nah. They may sound a lot. But, if you think about it, they're not. I don't do the fast (or blistering) pace in the machines like many other gym-goers do. That's why I require an hour for each one. My pacing is dictated by the music I'm listening to. ;) Sometimes, it's quick, other times, it's moderately quick.

The 50 sit-ups per minute is the minimum required for military basic training. I can actually exceed it if I want to. But, why? I'm retired. So, there's no penalty if I don't. Same with the pushups. The 35 pushups is way below the minimum required. I do it because it's the only thing resembling strength training for me. I do pull-ups occasionally because the bar is on the way out, near the exit door. It's the last thing I do. I skip it if I'm already tired.

The rest (basketball and ball-juggling) are just for fun. I don't even count them in my tally of calories burned....They're like a safety margin if I happened to eat a lot.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 13th, 2016 at 11:33 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i am at 5'8" and at 200 pounds three months ago. now i am at 185 pounds.

calorie deficit... in order for me to maintain my weight (na mataas), i need to eat 2100 kcals/day. in order for me to lose weight, i need to trim it around 1700 kcals/day. i usually eat 1,200 k/cals a days except during sundays, where i eat more but not exceeding 2,100 kcals. managed to lose 3 inches off the waist already, and i am targeting the 170-175 pound range * 34-34.5 inch waistline (I am now at 35, from 38 inches.)

i dont exercise during weekdays. hindi kaya ng schedule, but try to walk as much as i can during weekdays. Nung di pa ganung kainit, usually averages 3 kms of walking here in Makati. medyo nabawasan lang ngayon dahil sobrang init, but i usually walk around 5-7 kms during saturdays with my kid. hindi ko kaya mag jog sa pavement dahil sumasakit left knee ko, but i can jog and do sprints sa treadmill.

i sometimes play badminton pa (once a month), or golf, twice a week during saturday afternoons.

food, i usually take in one rice during lunch and one during dinner. isang ulam. usually, meals are limited to 500 calories lang, which means, 300 kcals max na ang ulam. i don't do sodas, i don't drink alcohol.... i take in around 4 cups of coffee during the day and around 4 cups of green tea a day.

i take in clusivol every morning, an ampalaya supplement and a green luya supplement at night. i removed na din midnight snacks and i don't eat sweet foods that much. desserts are usually fruits, fresh fruit juice and that occassional halo-halo or occassional one scoop of pistachio ice cream.

BP is still 110/80 for my age. Heart rate is still in the 75-80 bpm resting. Medyo mataas lang ang cholesterol, and normal ang blood sugar and creatinine. Normal din ang CBC, Urine and Fecalysis results as per my last APE last March.

cannot play basketball na. naaasar na ako..... masyadong malakas ang pulso, and mabagal na.... pwede pa siguro kung mga kasing idad ko kalaro ko. heehehehe. and di na din makatalon...... tsaka mabilis sumakit ang left knee ko...

ang kulang? tulog..... naghahabol lang pag sundays.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    I just watch tv and eat chips all day.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Everyday we wake up 4:30 am nang wife ko. we jog or walk around the village for an hour.

Every Sunday morning 1 play basketball with the oldies of our village, usually 2 set ako tapos nun sakit na katawan ko.

I eat I want... hindi na ako nagsoftdrinks for 2 weeks na kaya ko hehehehe. Kaso nag Ice Tea naman ako.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Im around 6ft 197lbs-202lbs...it fluctuates depending on the carbs or sodium i intake the prevoius day. My pant size is 32inches...i have a background in powerlifting...i lift weights 5-6x a week, cardio almost everyday also, i have stationary in the office, i clock in 10-20km on it, depends on what i will eat later in the day, if im having a snickers bar, ill try to burn 250cal on the stationary bike. I also do the farmer's walk, saw it from the strongmen competitions that i regularly watch, i grab 2x70-80 dumbells and just do laps around the gym, at 42, i can still bench more than i weigh,....on nutrition which is more important than excercise, i have different set of meals than my wife and daughter, i cook my own food, tupperware is a friend, i consume around 3 dozen eggs and 5kilos beef and chicken a week, carbs i limit to 100gms a day, protein around 200-250gms a day, fat i increase it if im on a low carb cycle, i follow the I.F./keto/iifym/counting calories meal plan. I also do a 24hr fast once a week, im a believer of autophagy.Btw my BP is 110-70 sometimes lower, my resting heart rate is around 60, sometimes lower, blood work is normal, i dont drink, dont smoke, i still eat dirty, like 4 quarter pounders in a single sitting just to shock acquaintances.

I expend around 3k-4k calories a day

My best gadgets for fitness

Fitness watch with HR monitor: to track your daily energy expenditure
    Fitness app: myfitnesspal( to count calories and macros) and fitbit's app are the best for me
    Food scale: everybody that cooks needs one

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast