New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 111 of 655 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 6542
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    does it necessarily mean that when you use a synthetic oil which is classified as CJ-4, the diesel fuel must meet a euro IV standard? TIA....
    Quote Originally Posted by nivraarvin View Post
    SeaOil/PTT. Basta Euro IV.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rmsoriano View Post
    does it necessarily mean that when you use a synthetic oil which is classified as CJ-4, the diesel fuel must meet a euro IV standard? TIA....
    Hindi naman. Mas preferred ko lang kasi it's a more refined/cleaner fuel. Pero it has its disadvantages din.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    May nakapag try na po ba sa inyo ng zic rv 10w30 and zic up 10w40

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by butchyboy View Post
    Pati ba mga bossing sa mga Diesel engines nung mga yun, synthetic factory fill nila? Royal Purple also does not advise using their synthetic for the first 10000 miles in diesel engines if I remember it right. Diesel and gas engines seems to have different break in periods. I might be wrong though but I don't think it is all pure myth.
    Been a Dino oil user for the first 10K Kms of my Diesel engine then shifted to synthetic. May difference kaya Kung nag pure synthetic ako right from the start, di ko alam, but I did my own research and decided to go with a Dino oil first ;)
    Magkaiba nga siguro. Yung biruan nga sa Toyota LC eh 100,000kms ang break-in. :bwahaha:

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Actually that has been answered here IMHO. This once just requires early change-oil and you're good to go. Break-in doesn't have to take long indeed.

Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power
    OT meron na po bang sumubok nito?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nivraarvin View Post
    Hindi naman. Mas preferred ko lang kasi it's a more refined/cleaner fuel. Pero it has its disadvantages din.
    thanks, I was just thinking that the high ppm sulfur content of euro II diesel fuel can easily degrade the properties of FS Oil which are classified as CJ-4...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    thanks, I was just thinking that the high ppm sulfur content of euro II diesel fuel can easily degrade the properties of FS Oil which are classified as CJ-4...
    Correct bro...kaya nga if you're fueling with a more than 15ppm sulfur content you will have to change the oil more frequently compared to using the EURO IV fuel. Its also stated in the API website that you have to consult the engine manufacturer for the proper oil change intervals if using 500ppm fuel. Now if you can have an additives that can increase its TBN then..you can prolong its OCI. thats if you dont have any DPF on your car. Magkakontra kse yan higher TBN is good for engine internal wear protection but bad for after treatment systems i.e DPF so kelangan na medyo balanse. Now kung if you will stick to CH oil rating...mas mataas naman nga ang TBN nya kso mahina naman yung ibang additives for oxidation and shearing properties..etc. compared to the latest API Rating oil. Hopes this makes sense..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    thank you sir....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    Correct bro...kaya nga if you're fueling with a more than 15ppm sulfur content you will have to change the oil more frequently compared to using the EURO IV fuel. Its also stated in the API website that you have to consult the engine manufacturer for the proper oil change intervals if using 500ppm fuel. Now if you can have an additives that can increase its TBN then..you can prolong its OCI. thats if you dont have any DPF on your car. Magkakontra kse yan higher TBN is good for engine internal wear protection but bad for after treatment systems i.e DPF so kelangan na medyo balanse. Now kung if you will stick to CH oil rating...mas mataas naman nga ang TBN nya kso mahina naman yung ibang additives for oxidation and shearing properties..etc. compared to the latest API Rating oil. Hopes this makes sense..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Pag nakita nyo PDS ng delo 400. There are several categories
    - Performance standard is ci4 then after that
    - Meets the requiremnts cd, cf na lang.
    Nakakalito di ba?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gundam View Post
    Pag nakita nyo PDS ng delo 400. There are several categories
    - Performance standard is ci4 then after that
    - Meets the requiremnts cd, cf na lang.
    Nakakalito di ba?
    IMHO 2 thiings kasi yan.

CD, CF rating has high zinc and Phos level requirements which right now is being reduced due to issues in newer cars. Since CD,CF oils of yesteryear cannot meet current ratings without additives, all chevron is saying that despite having high levels of anti-wear, it also has high levels of other additives which current diesel cars needs.

API certification is expensive. What some oil companies do is test the oil using the method of API but without their certifiation na lang to avoid addt'l cost IMO. Afterall, if their oil passes it, then they believe na kahit i-test pa ng API eh papasa din.

Pero dito wala naman, mukhang nagpa-certify na sila. Dec 5 2012 ito. Ito yung latest PDS nila. https://cglapps.chevron.com/msdspds/...&docFormat=PDF

Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?