New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 94 of 235 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by putalittlemore View Post
    *dieseldude

engine is 4d56 NA in a mitsu L3FB ... problem is ... upon running for a few meters and slowed down or stop, engine shakes heavily that I need to rev the engine higher to keep the engine running ... failing to step on the accelerator pedal would cause the engine to die ... I used to experience this engine behavior when I'm low on diesel but now I am experiencing it even on half or full tank of diesel ... performed the following already: fuel filter check (it's clean/unclogged upon disassembly), fuel lines check (no fuel leak or air getting into fuel lines) ... currently, the engine emits a moderate amount of black smoke when revved. Do you think that the "engine shaking" might have something to do with the injection pump's or injectors' condition?

Let me know your thoughts sir. I would really appreciate them.

Thank you.
    What's your engine mileage?

It could be a fuel filter or an injection pump problem.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    What's your engine mileage?

It could be a fuel filter or an injection pump problem.
    it's rather an old engine and was rebuilt twice already ... the last one being in December of 2009 ... according to the former owner, the last time the injection pump was checked was more than five years ago ...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    sir dieseldude,
    puede ko ba mapa diagnose my kia carnival a/t 2001 model 2.9 tdic
    the problem was mausok and mahina ang humatak,nagbabawas ng oil

we did engine overhaul 4 months ago and took good break-in.
    during that ok naman humatak and hindi mausok
    then we changed oil recently then problem comes mausok na sya and medyo humina ang hatak
    my trusted mechanic told me that turbo is the culprit.

thanks

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    sir dieseldude,
    Of course.

then we changed oil recently then problem comes mausok na sya and medyo humina ang hatak my trusted mechanic told me that turbo is the culprit.

thanks

Your mechanic is probably right.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    sir dieseldude,
    Of course.

then we changed oil recently then problem comes mausok na sya and medyo humina ang hatak my trusted mechanic told me that turbo is the culprit.

thanks

Your mechanic is probably right.
    sir dieseldude,
    fyi.we decided to brought down the turbo assembly. we found out that the spacer inside the turbo(washer) had sign of wear.
    loose spacer enabled the oil passed thru the turbo system.
    what we did was we fabricated spacer(machine shop) slightly bigger than the
    old(micro mm difference).
    right now my carnival runs well.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Sir dieseldude
    we've noticed na umingay tunog nang makina(alterra 2005 37k ODO) after i switched to 5w-40 fully synthetic castrol edge plus from using 15w-40 mineral oil.So far maganda naman sir performance sa highway kaya lang umingay pag rev ko pag city driving.is there something i should worry about 5w-40 synthetic in our tropical climate? masyado pu bang malabnaw ito when advised sa manual ay 15W-40.Need help na pa praning lang sa tunog ng makina maingay pu kc.Wala kc fully synthetic 15w-40 except royal purple.Do you advise me to try royal purple or shift to 15w-40 synthetic blend like caltex delo sports?Thanks in advance.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nitram View Post
    sir dieseldude,
    fyi.we decided to brought down the turbo assembly. we found out that the spacer inside the turbo(washer) had sign of wear.
    loose spacer enabled the oil passed thru the turbo system.
    what we did was we fabricated spacer(machine shop) slightly bigger than the
    old(micro mm difference).
    right now my carnival runs well.
    That's great. Thank you for posting your fix.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mucho View Post
    Sir dieseldude
    we've noticed na umingay tunog nang makina(alterra 2005 37k ODO) after i switched to 5w-40 fully synthetic castrol edge plus from using 15w-40 mineral oil.So far maganda naman sir performance sa highway kaya lang umingay pag rev ko pag city driving.is there something i should worry about 5w-40 synthetic in our tropical climate? masyado pu bang malabnaw ito when advised sa manual ay 15W-40.Need help na pa praning lang sa tunog ng makina maingay pu kc.Wala kc fully synthetic 15w-40 except royal purple.Do you advise me to try royal purple or shift to 15w-40 synthetic blend like caltex delo sports?Thanks in advance.
    I don't think 5w-40 oil will cause noisy acceleration. I hope you can validate this and post your findings.

I always stick to the manual's recommended lube.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I don't think 5w-40 oil will cause noisy acceleration. I hope you can validate this and post your findings.

I always stick to the manual's recommended lube.

Thanks for the reply dieseldude.keep you posted sir.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hi Sir Dieseldude. Itanong ko lang yhe easiest way to tell if the turbo of a 4d56 engine is functioning. kasi parang hindi hindi sya gumagana especially kapg na hit nya 2000 rpm. I have a montero kasi. when i accelerate and the rpm touches the 2000 mark, madidinig mo and feel the response of the engine.

Hope you can help. Thanks in advance.

PS.

May alam po ba kayo tungkol sa rotrex supercharger?

TIA

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk