New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 95 of 235 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Sir Dieseldude,

I have suggested to my uncle that he brings his Super Grandia to your shop in Q.Ave. You also fix Denso right? (D-4D)?

The problem, as diagnosed by Toyota (though it's strange), is that one of the injectors is not working. However, the car is working fine, it doesn't shake, it has the same power as before. Toyota alleges that the Check Engine warning indicates that one of the injectors is malfunctioning but i have talked to another diesel mechanic friend of mine and he said if one of the injectors has indeed failed, it will wiggle and shake wildly. He suggested I have it checked (pressure check or something like that) so I thought of having it brought to your shop. Is this correct?

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by Horsepower; April 12th, 2010 at 04:35 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi Sir Dieseldude. Itanong ko lang yhe easiest way to tell if the turbo of a 4d56 engine is functioning. kasi parang hindi hindi sya gumagana especially kapg na hit nya 2000 rpm. I have a montero kasi. when i accelerate and the rpm touches the 2000 mark, madidinig mo and feel the response of the engine. Measure boost with a boost gauge if you have one. Another way (but not accurate) is: rev up the engine, and look/feel the hose to the intake manifold for pressure. As you rev up, this hose will expand and become rigid if the turbo is building pressure..

Hope you can help. Thanks in advance.

PS.

May alam po ba kayo tungkol sa rotrex supercharger? Sorry, never heard of this product.

TIA

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sir Dieseldude,

I have suggested to my uncle that he brings his Super Grandia to your shop in Q.Ave. You also fix Denso right? (D-4D)? Yes..

The problem, as diagnosed by Toyota (though it's strange), is that one of the injectors is not working. The supposedly "not-working" injector is still working. But its fuelling contribution may not be the same as the three injectors'. This can be seen with a scan tool.

However, the car is working fine, it doesn't shake, it has the same power as before. Good.

Toyota alleges that the Check Engine warning indicates that one of the injectors is malfunctioning but I have talked to another diesel mechanic friend of mine and he said that if one of the injectors has indeed failed, it will wiggle and shake wildly. This is true if the injector has totally failed (no fuel delivery). However, a malfunctioning or partly failed injector may still be contributing fuel, and not be noticed because the engine seems to be performing normally.

He suggested I have it checked (pressure check or something like that) so I thought of having it brought to your shop. Is this correct? We can check it...

Did Toyota specifically say that the CEL was due to a faulty injector? What cylinder? What was the fault code?

Thanks a lot. You're welcome.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Sir Dieseldude may I get the address of your shop in Q. Ave?

My problem is other people who drive my car complain of the lack of power when pushing from 60kmph up, as in when trying to overtake. From 60 to 80 and higher it fails to accelerate quickly. However when done in a slow manner (acceleration over a longer period of time, say more than 1 minute) it does fine. I am a slow driver so I do not experience what they complain about.

It's 2nd hand (3rd hand? maybe more) and it is a converted RHD-LHD automatic vehicle (subic most probably) Toyota Hilux Surf 2.4 EFI turbo diesel. I like it so I am treating it like a project car (meaning it is costing me too much. LOL!). TIA.
    Last edited by OldSchoolHack; April 13th, 2010 at 01:34 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Sir dieseldude,

what kind of oil (grade & brand also if possible) must be used on a injection pump/governor assembly? is it engine oil, gear, atf, cooking( hehe), etc?

thanks a lot.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    Sir dieseldude,

what kind of oil (grade & brand also if possible) must be used on a injection pump/governor assembly? is it engine oil, gear, atf, cooking( hehe), etc?

thanks a lot.
    Same oil you use on the engine. Oil grade is not critical.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    sir, may i know the address of your shop,,,contact number? I'll bring my 2003 pajero fm. salamat

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tonbest View Post
    sir, may i know the address of your shop,,,contact number? I'll bring my 2003 pajero fm. salamat
    I will PM you.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    sir dieseldude

good day po.. newbie here.. pasensya na po bout sa mga common sense na questions ko, pero curious lang po ako kung kelangan ko na po ba icalibrate yung 4d56 engine sa adventure, since it's already have a 105k mileage. 7 years na din po sa min ung sasakyan, and every 5k kms eh change oil sya. every 10k kms naman po ang palit ng mga filters nya. pero never pa nareplace yung mga belts nya (except for the timing belt). i don't know if it's my driving, pero pansin ko na parang malakas na ata sya magconsume ng krudo.

and is it possible to install an intercooler sa adventure, or delikado po sya kung gagawin yun?? if ever na magpapacalibrate po ako, sa shop po ninyo sana ako pupunta. mukhang forte nyo na po mga diesel engines eh, so sa inyo po ako magpapachekup. san po ang location nyo?? thanks po in advance...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    good day po.. newbie here.. pasensya na po bout sa mga common sense na questions ko, pero curious lang po ako kung kelangan ko na po ba icalibrate yung 4d56 engine sa adventure, since it's already have a 105k mileage. 7 years na din po sa min ung sasakyan, and every 5k kms eh change oil sya. every 10k kms naman po ang palit ng mga filters nya. Hindi kelangan icalibrate kung ok ang andar.

pero never pa nareplace yung mga belts nya (except for the timing belt). Good. Check/replace vee belts and coolant hoses as per owners manual recommendation.

i don't know if it's my driving, pero pansin ko na parang malakas na ata sya magconsume ng krudo. Siguraduhin mo muna.

and is it possible to install an intercooler sa adventure, or delikado po sya kung gagawin yun?? Wala yata turbo ang Adventure. Hindi makakatulong ang intercooler kung walang turbo.

if ever na magpapacalibrate po ako, sa shop po ninyo sana ako pupunta. mukhang forte nyo na po mga diesel engines eh, so sa inyo po ako magpapachekup. san po ang location nyo?? thanks po in advance... PM kita.

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk