New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 98 of 235 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 2344
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,335
    #971
    I recently posted about the glowplug having stucked (broken) in another thread and the only way to remove it is to lift the cylinder head, Im planning to have it done because I'm having a hard time starting from cold start (in the morning) and after parking for an hour or more. I should start easy with 3 glow plugs. Check fuse and glow plug relay.

    What should a trusted mechanic do aside from removing the broken glow plug and optional parts or a must parts to be replaced so as to make the procedure worth it? Replace head gasket, and timing belt if due.

    I don't have any problem with the engine aside from its hard starting when its cold, a bit shaky when it starts, probably because it lacks the heating requirement. This could also be due to a faulty injection pump.

    My engine is 4d56, adventure. Can you give me an idea how much will it cost. Thanks in advance.

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    170
    #972
    [quote=Dieseldude;1333472]Malaki and posibilidad na may kahinaan na ang compression dahil mataas na siguro ang mileage mo. Normal wear yan. Nababawasan ang white smoke pag uminit ang engine dahil sa thermal expansion ng pistons.....nag iimprove ang compression.

    Compression test ang kailangan.

    After they found out kung loose compressed ang adventure 98' ko, what could be the next steps para maging pasado ang emission ng drive ko. may mga parts kaya na papalitan?
    dieseldude, after sometime, thanks in advance uli.

  3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,335
    #973
    [quote=povillo;1492614]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Malaki and posibilidad na may kahinaan na ang compression dahil mataas na siguro ang mileage mo. Normal wear yan. Nababawasan ang white smoke pag uminit ang engine dahil sa thermal expansion ng pistons.....nag iimprove ang compression.

    Compression test ang kailangan.

    After they found out kung loose compressed ang adventure 98' ko, what could be the next steps para maging pasado ang emission ng drive ko. may mga parts kaya na papalitan?
    dieseldude, after sometime, thanks in advance uli.
    Verify if compression is low. If confirmed, you have to improve compression....... engine overhaul is the next step.

  4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    190
    #974
    Good day sir dieseldude !!!


    Whenever i start up my hilander 97 model for the first time, i notice a pool of diesel forms under the engine. Spill size is about a small coffee cup. The engine also shakes violently at times during the first start. What could be the cause of these?

    TIA

  5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,335
    #975
    Quote Originally Posted by boy astig View Post
    Good day sir dieseldude !!!


    Whenever i start up my hilander 97 model for the first time, i notice a pool of diesel forms under the engine. Spill size is about a small coffee cup. The engine also shakes violently at times during the first start. What could be the cause of these?

    TIA
    You have a fuel leak which only you can locate.

    Wipe the injection pump and pipings clean, start the engine, and locate the source of the leak.

  6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11
    #976
    go central diesel! that injector retime did just the thing! solved my hard start and white smoke problem :0 all i have to do i check the mileage i do now

  7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17
    #977
    kagaya po ng regular VE type injection pump. papaano po inaadvance at dinedelay ang CRDi?

  8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    26
    #978
    Quote Originally Posted by muÑoz View Post
    kagaya po ng regular VE type injection pump. papaano po inaadvance at dinedelay ang CRDi?
    ang timing control ng CRDi pumps ay hindi na mechanical tulad ng mga traditional VE pumps. Nag d-drive lang ng high pressure fuel ang supply pump to the rail to the injectors.

    Ngayon, depende sa camshaft and crankshaft sensor with respect to load, iniiba ng ECU ang triggering ng injection ng injectors; Hindi na pump ang nagcocontrol nyan kundi ang Engine ECU and Transmission ECU sabay-sabay.

  9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    525
    #979
    hi dieseldude ..

    thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience, I learned so much from this forum.

    I have a question. I read from an article that mixing diesel and auto transmission fluid is good for the injection pump. is this true? and mixing

    it with motor oil on oil change?

  10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,335
    #980
    Quote Originally Posted by anthon05 View Post
    hi dieseldude ..

    thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience, I learned so much from this forum.

    I have a question. I read from an article that mixing diesel and auto transmission fluid is good for the injection pump. is this true? and mixing it with motor oil on oil change?
    I have also hear about this. However, I have not seen technical or service information from any diesel injection pump manufacturer which approves of this practice.

    I wouldn't do it.

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk