New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 109 of 235 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2348
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    *Dieseldue
    Sir can you pls. give us an idea how do these Engine/Car manufacturers tune or de-tune their EuroV CRDI's engine to suit the EuroII level fuel for other country such as ours. Do they reduce rail pressures or differrent bore of injectors? The only thing that I could see differrent is the power rating mas mababa ng a few horses for same displacement. Thanks.
    ECU programming...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Ok..so its just a basic ECU tuning lang pala...same injectors, rail pressures pa rin. Now am at a lost how can a simple lowering of power output of engine could now suit the higher content of sulfur on its fuel? Ano kaya theory dun?

How about kaya ang mga BMW, Audi, Benz? do they de-tune also their engine for our current fuel specs?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Ok..so its just a basic ECU tuning lang pala...same injectors, rail pressures pa rin. Hindi kaya ng tuning lang, lalo na kung malaki ang dagdag na hp. More hp = more fuel = more heat.

Now am at a lost how can a simple lowering of power output of engine could now suit the higher content of sulfur on its fuel? Ano kaya theory dun? Hindi ko alam....

How about kaya ang mga BMW, Audi, Benz? do they de-tune also their engine for our current fuel specs? I don't know............

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Don't worry........this is normal.
    Thank you Dieseldude! I also tried doing it on my Alterra. Ganun din ang nangyayari. It's normal pala. It also has white smoke pag tinanggal mo ang dipstick while engine is hot and running. Pag nakakabit naman wala. Oil and coolant level is stable. Very meticulously maintained too. But I noticed na may konting oil sa side ng block. It's not dripping. Parang oil and dust na nag accumulate. Should I be alarmed? Should I have the gasket replaced asap? It's 102,000km. Should I also have the PCV valve checked? Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Dieseldude how much can a Zexel COVEC pump be safely bumped up to give more fueling. It's on my Nissan Elgrand with the 3.2 QD32TI engine. It will be some axillary injection mods to help burn the extra fuel i.e the water injection kit. I plan to up the boost about 3psi and install a 2.75 or 3" exhaust on the vehicle.

Thanks

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    *Dieseldude
    Sir, i have a local nissan safari with a td42 engine with inline type injector. It would emit black smoke when going uphill, even if the engine is newly tuned (change fuel and air filter and adjust valve clearance) and the oil is newly changed. Also, a few seconds would pass before the engine would die if i turn the engine off via the ignition key. There is also some noticeable loss of power especially when carrying heavy loads. Is this injector related and does it need servicing? Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    *Dieseldude,
    Any bad effects on EGTs with EGR blocking?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    *Dieseldude,
    Any bad effects on EGTs with EGR blocking?
    None that I know of.

Emissions will suffer at low idle and part load.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by manta View Post
    *Dieseldude
    Sir, i have a local nissan safari with a td42 engine with inline type injector. It would emit black smoke when going uphill, even if the engine is newly tuned (change fuel and air filter and adjust valve clearance) and the oil is newly changed. Also, a few seconds would pass before the engine would die if i turn the engine off via the ignition key. There is also some noticeable loss of power especially when carrying heavy loads. Is this injector related and does it need servicing? Thanks.
    Slow shutdowns may be due to a problem in the injection pump's diaphragm if it has one, or on the shutdown mechanism.

Black smoke....... pump diaphragm, restricted air intake, or overfuelling injection pump.

Low power.......air intake restriction most probably.

Inspect pump diaphragm, temporarily remove air filter to see if power improves and if black smoke is less.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    Dieseldude how much can a Zexel COVEC pump be safely bumped up to give more fueling. It's on my Nissan Elgrand with the 3.2 QD32TI engine. It will be some axillary injection mods to help burn the extra fuel i.e the water injection kit. I plan to up the boost about 3psi and install a 2.75 or 3" exhaust on the vehicle.

Thanks
    Zexel Covec pumps can be bumped up. But since this is an electronic system, modifying calibrations will give you problems ...... rough idle, hunting, CEL on. I don't recommend it.

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk