New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 112 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2348
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sir Jake "DieselDude", my wife brought our crosswind XUVi 05 A/T at your shop last September due to high fuel consumption. Initial diagnosis by one of your personnel is that our unit is still running fine and only needs replacement of OEM air filter. He mentioned that our consumption of 6km/li on city driving (Galas QC to Don Bosco Mandaluyong in Kalentong around 8.5km back and forth) is just right due to short distance runs and traffik. Restricted air filter is the main cause for smoke and high fuel consumption. I believe that 8.5km is fine for city driving. What is your FC on highway?

Our current milage is at 89k and as per previous owner, it has not undergone any calibration of injection pump. Smoke is only visible during start-up in the early morning and after that no-smoke can be seen. This is normal.

Unit has not experienced overheat and change oil and filter * 5k and OEM air filter * 10k. Good,

I'm just a bit worried about its fuel consumption coz base on some Isuzu forums, normal FC for such models (A/T) at city driving is at 8 -10 km/li. Would you recommend for an injection calibration or injection to engine timing? FC is influenced by many factors; driving style, parasitic loads, timing, pump calibration, etc. Timing can be checked on engine. Pump calibration can only be verified on the test stand. So this is up to you.

By the way I just replaced my TPS sensor / potentiometer due to error detected which caused blinking of my "Check Trans" and it was done by Isuzu Manila after running their diagnostics tool. So far error solved but still my FC is a bit high. They also informed us that they adjusted the TPS for better shifting. Kindly assist me on this...

Thanks in advance sir Jake!! You're welcome.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Sir Jake "DieselDude", my wife brought our crosswind XUVi 05 A/T at your shop last September due to high fuel consumption. Initial diagnosis by one of your personnel is that our unit is still running fine and only needs replacement of OEM air filter. He mentioned that our consumption of 6km/li on city driving (Galas QC to Don Bosco Mandaluyong in Kalentong around 8.5km back and forth) is just right due to short distance runs and traffik. Restricted air filter is the main cause for smoke and high fuel consumption. I believe that 8.5km is fine for city driving. What is your FC on highway? Sir We don't often go on long trips... the last time I checked it was 9.7 km/li (QC to Molino Cavite - slight to moderate traffik only)

Our current milage is at 89k and as per previous owner, it has not undergone any calibration of injection pump. Smoke is only visible during start-up in the early morning and after that no-smoke can be seen. This is normal.

Unit has not experienced overheat and change oil and filter * 5k and OEM air filter * 10k. Good,

I'm just a bit worried about its fuel consumption coz base on some Isuzu forums, normal FC for such models (A/T) at city driving is at 8 -10 km/li. Would you recommend for an injection calibration or injection to engine timing? FC is influenced by many factors; driving style, parasitic loads, timing, pump calibration, etc. Timing can be checked on engine. Pump calibration can only be verified on the test stand. So this is up to you. May I ask how much would it cost if I will have my Pump Calibrated to standard specs? Kindly PM me so that I can prepare my budget

By the way I just replaced my TPS sensor / potentiometer due to error detected which caused blinking of my "Check Trans" and it was done by Isuzu Manila after running their diagnostics tool. So far error solved but still my FC is a bit high. They also informed us that they adjusted the TPS for better shifting. Kindly assist me on this...

Thanks in advance sir Jake!! You're welcome.
    Thanks Again sir Jake!!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sir DieselDude Help po! need your expertise.

Subject is a 2005 toyota innova d4d. 80t kms.

pagka-cold start bumababa ng bumababa yung RPM hanggan mamatay yung makina. If i give it some gas until the engine heats up ok na sya maski patayin at i-start ulit. sometimes din umiilaw yung check engine light. na pina-scan it was IACV or EGR fault ata lumalabas.

na-change oil na pati air cleaner palit wala nadin yung check engine light pero ganun padin bumababa ng bumababa ang idle hanggan mamatay.

Ano po kaya possible na sira at dapat gawain? TY

Regards and more power!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sir DieselDude Help po! need your expertise.

Subject is a 2005 toyota innova d4d. 80t kms.

pagka-cold start bumababa ng bumababa yung RPM hanggan mamatay yung makina. If i give it some gas until the engine heats up ok na sya maski patayin at i-start ulit. The problem seems to be temperature related, or baka meron konting air ang fuel. Pwede rin supply pump. Hindi ko pa ma-pinpoint.

sometimes din umiilaw yung check engine light. na pina-scan it was IACV or EGR fault ata lumalabas. Casa ang nag scan? Pinaayos mo na ba ang IACV at EGR?

na-change oil na pati air cleaner palit wala nadin yung check engine light pero ganun padin bumababa ng bumababa ang idle hanggan mamatay.

Ano po kaya possible na sira at dapat gawain? TY. Scan for logged faults. Kung walang electronic faults, mechanical evaluation ang kelangan gawin.

Regards and more power! Thank you.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sir DD just wanna ask, have you tried cleaning the EGR of a 2KD engine?

I'm planning to DIY it sa innova namin...since wala na warranty whatsoever akong aalalahanin...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    sir jake,

need your help on this one.
    what would be the problem of my nissan urvan homy subic td27 turbo a/t .i dont know kung trans problem ito.parang walang shifting from low gear to high gear. from stop and started at D gear ramdam ang shifting at 40kph speed up to 60kph.but from 60kph to 90kph onwards parang walang shifting coz rpm goes to 2500 up to 3000 hindi maramdaman ang shifting kahit galit na ang makina.atf was replaced recently,turbo was replaced also(old one was stuck up).injection pump was calibrated(mechanical).

TIA,
    nitram

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    sir jake,

need your help on this one.
    what would be the problem of my nissan urvan homy subic td27 turbo a/t .i dont know kung trans problem ito.parang walang shifting from low gear to high gear. from stop and started at D gear ramdam ang shifting at 40kph speed up to 60kph.but from 60kph to 90kph onwards parang walang shifting coz rpm goes to 2500 up to 3000 hindi maramdaman ang shifting kahit galit na ang makina.atf was replaced recently,turbo was replaced also(old one was stuck up).injection pump was calibrated(mechanical).

TIA,
    nitram

I'm not familiar with your ride but I would try this:

1. Check transmission oil filter
    2. Check downshift cable adjustment
    3. See if your injection pump has a throttle potentiometer mounted on top of the control shaft. This device is sometimes used to control transmission shift points.

I hope this helps. Good luck.........

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    sir DD just wanna ask, have you tried cleaning the EGR of a 2KD engine? Never done it before as EGRs seldom fail on Innovas.

I'm planning to DIY it sa innova namin...since wala na warranty whatsoever akong aalalahanin... Of course, try it, nothing really difficult about it. And this is the best way to learn. Then post what you experienced.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    chief,

Do you check Pajero Fieldmaster?

I am experiencing loss of power, black smoke on flooring or arangkada and high FC.

Do you also repair/check/parts for fieldmaster turbo?

Please advise.

thanks

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi Sir Diesel Dude thanks for the reply.

Nalimutan ko banggitin that the fuel filter has been replaced as well.

The scan was made at our suking servitek and if i remeber correctly yung brand ng scanner nila was coincidentally innova din.

IACV and EGR are still in their original form. No repairs done yet. Still have to check the fuel supply pump and bleed the fuel lines tough.

There are days upon start up it will idle straight away but then there are also those when the symptoms re-appear. On normal driving everything seems to be ok no rough idling, no engine cutting out never pa naman tumirik or nag stop yung engine.

Many thanks

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk