New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 110 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2348
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Sir Dieseldude:

Can you give me a hint of how much is the nozzle tip of my isuzu fuego 1997 part# NP-DLLA158PN 209 I think this is Zexel brand?

Can you recommend a store where i can but it?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    *Dieseldude

Hi sir! I've been hearing a lot regarding shops that do "carbon cleaning" that costs around a couple of thousand pesos. It this safe to do with CRDIs? How do they do it?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rdboy View Post
    *Dieseldude

Hi sir! I've been hearing a lot regarding shops that do "carbon cleaning" that costs around a couple of thousand pesos. It this safe to do with CRDIs? How do they do it?
    I don't know how "carbon cleaning" works. I hope it's function is to clean internal engine parts.

Please share what shops that do this service claim about this product.
    Last edited by Dieseldude; September 23rd, 2010 at 09:08 AM. Reason: modify text

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Haven't tried it too..pero here's a local shop that offers that Carbon Clean..http://www.betancalibration.com/services.htm

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by timo07
    How does resetting of the ECU improve Fuel Consumption?

The ECU records how much air you get, to proportion how much fuel to inject. After combustion, it measures the oxygen content in the exhaust gasses to further tune and find the appropriate most efficient fuel-air mixture. This system is not as dynamic as we think, the ECU usually takes time to completely adjust since there are historical data logged in it from your previous use. In this case, the fuel management settings being used by your engine now is partly based on your previous usage which is with non-v-power diesel, therefore confusing the ECU and knocking almost perfect air-fuel mixture out of proportion. When out of proportion, two things will happen:

a. Lean (more air less fuel) = This tends you to give you lesser power which in return makes you push the pedal harder. This results the same speed but twice the effort for the engine.

b. Rich (more fuel less air) = This tends you to give you more power since you have more fuel coming in the combustion chamber. But you are actually wasting fuel because not all the fuel is being used up due to the lack of air. Biggest waste is when at idle.

Resetting the ECU erases previous data logs and the ECU gets to memorize the new setting for the new fuel you have for a near-perfect air-fuel mixture.

Hope I explained it well.

Hi Dieseldude, can you provide your technical opinion on the above? Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yup, that's why getting to know your AFR is important. Overfuelling will kill your engine in the long run. Pag underfueled naman wala ka din economy because you tend to stay at lower gears.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    The ECU records how much air you get, to proportion how much fuel to inject. After combustion, it measures the oxygen content in the exhaust gasses to further tune and find the appropriate most efficient fuel-air mixture. Oxygen content in the exhaust can only be measured if the engine has a lambda/oxygen sensor. Not all engines have this feature.

This system is not as dynamic as we think, the ECU usually takes time to completely adjust since there are historical data logged in it from your previous use. Not all ECUs have "learn" capability.

In this case, the fuel management settings being used by your engine now is partly based on your previous usage which is with non-v-power diesel, therefore confusing the ECU and knocking almost perfect air-fuel mixture out of proportion. When out of proportion, two things will happen:
    a. Lean (more air less fuel) = This tends you to give you lesser power which in return makes you push the pedal harder. This results the same speed but twice the effort for the engine.
    b. Rich (more fuel less air) = This tends you to give you more power since you have more fuel coming in the combustion chamber. But you are actually wasting fuel because not all the fuel is being used up due to the lack of air. Biggest waste is when at idle. Should all ECUs be reprogrammed to accomodate V Power diesel and/or other fuels? I don't believe so.

Resetting the ECU erases previous data logs and the ECU gets to memorize the new setting for the new fuel you have for a near-perfect air-fuel mixture. I don't understand what you mean by resetting. Passive/inactive faults can be deleted, but I haven't heard of a way to erase previous data logs.

Hi Dieseldude, can you provide your technical opinion on the above? Thank you. I'm quite sure that V power and/or other diesel fuel manufacturers will formulate their products to conform with general OE standards.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    The ECU records how much air you get, to proportion how much fuel to inject. After combustion, it measures the oxygen content in the exhaust gasses to further tune and find the appropriate most efficient fuel-air mixture. Oxygen content in the exhaust can only be measured if the engine has a lambda/oxygen sensor. Not all engines have this feature.

This system is not as dynamic as we think, the ECU usually takes time to completely adjust since there are historical data logged in it from your previous use. Not all ECUs have "learn" capability.

In this case, the fuel management settings being used by your engine now is partly based on your previous usage which is with non-v-power diesel, therefore confusing the ECU and knocking almost perfect air-fuel mixture out of proportion. When out of proportion, two things will happen:
    b. Rich (more fuel less air) = This tends you to give you more power since you have more fuel coming in the combustion chamber. But you are actually wasting fuel because not all the fuel is being used up due to the lack of air. Biggest waste is when at idle. Should all ECUs be reprogrammed to accomodate V Power diesel and/or other fuels? I don't believe so.

Resetting the ECU erases previous data logs and the ECU gets to memorize the new setting for the new fuel you have for a near-perfect air-fuel mixture. I don't understand what you mean by resetting. Passive/inactive faults can be deleted, but I haven't heard of a way to erase previous data logs.

Hi Dieseldude, can you provide your technical opinion on the above? Thank you. I'm quite sure that V power and/or other diesel fuel manufacturers will formulate their products to conform with general OE standards.
    The above was posted in the Innova thread. I'm trying to understand how could ECU resetting (via the temporary removal of battery power) be able to have an effect on fuel economy. Anyway I don't think it's useful to remove the power supply every now and then. Thanks Dieseldude.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    The above was posted in the Innova thread. I'm trying to understand how could ECU resetting (via the temporary removal of battery power) be able to have an effect on fuel economy. Anyway I don't think it's useful to remove the power supply every now and then. Thanks Dieseldude.
    You're welcome.

Faults are classified into two types, passive and active. Only passive faults (past corrected faults still logged in the ECU) are deleted when the battery is disconnected. Active faults cannot be deleted unless they have been corrected.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    You're welcome.

Faults are classified into two types, passive and active. Only passive faults (past corrected faults still logged in the ECU) are deleted when the battery is disconnected. Active faults cannot be deleted unless they have been corrected.
    Yeah. I cannot even imagine how these logged data (faults) help to control fuelling of the engine.

On the assumption that there is an O2 sensor available, does the computer box actually log O2 sensor readings, and use this to optimize fuel injection and desired emission? In my limited knowledge, I don't believe so. It should be referring to real time data, so to speak, shouldn't it?

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk