New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    interesting news ...

Attachment 42662

(source: https://www.topgear.com.ph/news/indu...ef=home_feed_1)

hope this gets sold here at the right price.
    yung "right price" ang mahirap

how much ba talaga dapat ang EV?

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    This is just I thought I've had recently.

As more and more carmakers appear to be having interest and are actually trying to sell Hybrids and EVs into our market, I had this idea and was wondering if it is remotely feasible.

WHY DOESN'T the DOE partner with GRAB PH and buy 1 unit of each brands locally available unit (Excluding luxury marquees or those above 2m php MSRP) and enroll it as a Grab Car/Vehicle. This way, the DOE will be able to get more "accurate" data in terms of actual real world fuel economy vs distance vs average speed, instead of strictly relying on Eco Runs? This would also be better data to inform and educate would be car buyers, as well as properly check claims made by those dealers during sales pitches (So also helping in claims against them for false marketing with the DTI)?

The driver(s) will be a DOE Employee who is salaried and main job will be to drive for the DoE as the assigned Grab Driver for the vehicle, and will also be responsible for data logging/entry to get the data like total distance travelled, average speed, total fuel consumed (full tank method) and FC Reading vs actual FC to complete that data (or if he is not that well verse, he will be instructed what data needs to be photodocumented as it appears on the dash board of said vehicle, and submit those to the handler or head who is handling these data gathering for economy figures - both for hybrids and EVs).

For the "income from Grab". The DoE I think should established a fixed "Take home" from Grab PH Revenue to serve as recoup of investment (+ for consummables & maintenance) made to the vehicle purchase every week/month. Any excess from that can be made as bonus to the driver. To keep it fair, the drivers would also be provided the weekly "consumable" budget for fuel via a fuel card or what have you for better logging and to avoid cash exchanges. That way, the salary/bonus of the DoE driver employee in these tests won't be consumed by their work.

To also avoid having to let a driver be "stuck" with the least efficient/lowest kms driven among the DoE fleet, they could change vehicles every week to another vehicle (hybrid or EV) so that they are not disadvantaged through the course of the test period. This will also allow the DoE to check whether the low efficiency was driver related lead foot or really just the car itself causing that "poor performance".

If any manufacturer will void warranty if their vehicles are made into Grab/Taxi, then they won't be included in such consideration for the testing by DoE I guess (i'm looking at you honda.) So, claims for warranty can also be checked how the manufacturer will honor warranty, especially for big ticket items like li-ion batteries and EV powertrains. The government will surely be able to put them to task just with the DTI to check their warranties as well.

Just a thought as this would provide more proper City Driving FC Data for the public while DoE Serving it's purpose when it comes to providing efficiency/economy figures that are not just media drives or ecoruns which serve no real world purpose.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    novel idea. pwede din nila isama yun modernized jeeps para makita ang feasablity. i partner na din nila ang denr para sa environmental aspect at ma further spread out and cost.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Just today, I just wanted to get an actual confirmation from the "country of Makati" because, as it stands now, even with IRR of the EVIDA Law where a national law has explicity said that EVs, including hybrids are exempted from coding, as far as announcements go, only the MMDA has specifically released their own memo/AO about it that acknowledges the exemption.

So, since it has been a few months since the law (going around 9 mos i think), and IRR (going around 2 mos - give and take), no other LGU in NCR has been in the news about releasing their own local ordinances relating to the exemption of EVs (as per law).

Called Makati hotline, transferred to their traffic division, and I asked about the EV Exemption from coding. The person I talked to specifically mentions that Makati has still not released their local ordinance about the exemption of EVs from number coding so you will still be flagged for using the vehicle with "covered" plate ending number, even if it is an EV (or hybrid).

So there you go. The media should really make sure about these things before they spew out marketing BS. The national law instructs LGUs to follow it, but the LGU are slow to move with releasing their ordinances. granted, an ordinance will require the City Council to have multi meetings/readings (and even consultations, especially if there will be objections) before it can be finally signed/approved.

So... sino na nakaEV ang naflag down dahil akala exempted na sila sa coding? hehe!

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Pasig LGU released one already. Hope others follow immediately to avoid discussions with enforcers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 324675219_1246662772583990_4442952473343166940_n.jpg  

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by claRkEnt View Post
    Pasig LGU released one already. Hope others follow immediately to avoid discussions with enforcers
    Yeah. I still find it weird may memo na MMDA pero mga LGU na part ng MMC walang united memo about the matter or AO para tapos na sana.

Kung maghintayan lang na kumilos per LGU, useless talaga unless within jurisdiction ka lang ng Pasig ngayon kasi di mo naman talaga magagamit yung MMDA Memo, unless C5 exclusively takbo mo sa rushhour lang pero wag ka papasok sa other LGUs na.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    A neighbor (drives an Okavango) told me he carries a copy of the EVIDA law (print out). Kapag nasita, then just explain to the enforcer na the car is a hybrid and exempted sya from coding (he does it in Makati)

sabi nya... remember when Makati exempted cars with 2 or more passengers (Covid times), ganun din naman, paparahin nila yung car na coding then baba mo lang yung window for them to see na 2 kayo sa sasakyan. (or was it 3 passengers?)

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    A neighbor (drives an Okavango) told me he carries a copy of the EVIDA law (print out). Kapag nasita, then just explain to the enforcer na the car is a hybrid and exempted sya from coding (he does it in Makati)

sabi nya... remember when Makati exempted cars with 2 or more passengers (Covid times), ganun din naman, paparahin nila yung car na coding then baba mo lang yung window for them to see na 2 kayo sa sasakyan. (or was it 3 passengers?)
    Read somewhere there is a provision in the IRR of thr evida law which provides exemption provided applicable ordinances are passed by the respective LGU.

No ordinance, No exemption

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Read somewhere there is a provision in the IRR of thr evida law which provides exemption provided applicable ordinances are passed by the respective LGU.

No ordinance, No exemption

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Yep this is true. Each respective LGU should actually issue their own ordinances, via their City Council.

That means, kahit Baguio dahil may coding din dun. hehe!

Hindi pwede sabi sabi lang, need may black and white na documented of the specific LGU kung maflag down ka nila. Hindi uubra yung national law lang. makikipagtalo ka para sa wala, ticket pa din yan sigurado.

Kaya medyo nakakainis after nung 10TH PEVS na nilabas yung IRR ng EVIDA Law naglabasan mga media personality ng mga shorts/tiktok (Deakin specifically naalala ko) na exempted na daw agad. Di naman totoo na "automatic"

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Yup, product of the 1986 constitution yan that moved power away from central gov't and toward the LGUs.

No such thing as a metro-wide rule unless you get all the mayors to agree.