New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 266 of 1323 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316366 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 13229
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova G
    May order kmi Innova d4d A/T... I-cancel na ba namin yun?? anu tingin nyo mga "Experts"?? I'm really bothered with this d4d issue. Sabi naman kc nung Sales Agent nung kinonfront ko cya regarding the d4d engine faults specifically Innova's she replied na yung mga early release units lng daw ang may ganung poblema and they've already taken corrective actions by calibrating/modifyng all the new Innova D4D before making it available to their costumers. So what do you think?? Should I go for innova or not??
    Im not an expert i can only tell you what i have experience and im not the only one had bad experience, if i were you wait for the 2006 Adventure may balita ako na mas ok daw compare to Innova.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Gud day everyone. i'm a newbie here in tsikot. Actually we'd ordered an innova G d4d matic and it will arrive this coming wednesday. may nakausap akong sales rep sa toyota balintawak to inquire about hard/failed starting, choking, etc. sabi naman sakin nung sales rep e dun daw yun sa mga early release nilang innova but i'm 80% convinced that the sales rep is lying ofcourse to protect the credibility of their product. Nung una nga cnabi nung SR na wala daw nag sosole or nagrereklamo sa innova d4d nila but when I cited na may "fren" ako na nagpaservice sa kanila at pang 12th cya na may ganung poblema (hard/failed starting, choking, etc.) e umamin din yung SR at cnabi nalang nya na sa mga early released unit lng daw yung problem na yun at kinorek na daw ng toyota lahat ng innova d4d to avoid such cases. But i'm hoping na totoo rin yung cnabi nung SR kc parating na unit namin nx wik....
    Anu ba Suggestions nyo mga kaibigan?? I-cancel na ba namin yung unit?? O still go for it and magtiwala sa SR??
    if there's a bug dun sa mga naunang unit, then why not recall these units for Corrective Action. Bakit pa nila aantayin yung mga customers to complain, in the end ma dudungisan yung pangalan nila. Alam naman pala nila ang problema why not be pro-active. I've got my Innova last February pa fotunately, to date ala namang problema. Pero considering to previous complaints, mey doubt na ako. Puwede bang dalhin voluntarily yung unit ko sa Casa and make the correction kahit wala namang problema pa?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    May order kmi Innova d4d A/T... I-cancel na ba namin yun?? anu tingin nyo mga "Experts"?? I'm really bothered with this d4d issue. Sabi naman kc nung Sales Agent nung kinonfront ko cya regarding the d4d engine faults specifically Innova's she replied na yung mga early release units lng daw ang may ganung poblema and they've already taken corrective actions by calibrating/modifyng all the new Innova D4D before making it available to their costumers. So what do you think?? Should I go for innova or not??
    Go for Innova G VVTi!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza
    Puwede bang dalhin voluntarily yung unit ko sa Casa and make the correction kahit wala namang problema pa?

I don't think they will do soemthing bout your ride unless you have a problem with it or there is a recall order from toyota plant... which is mahirap mangyari sa isang bansa tulas ng pinas...

WBR,

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Thnx po sa mga reply nyo. Now our family had decided to get the gas(VVTi) M/T Innova. Many thnx to your opinions and suggestions.

Btw anu nga pala gas consumption ng Innova VVti M/T?? Dun po sa mga meron at dun na rn po sa mga nakakaalam. Thnx.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Thnx po sa mga reply nyo. Now our family had decided to get the gas(VVTi) M/T Innova. Many thnx to your opinions and suggestions.

Btw anu nga pala gas consumption ng Innova VVti M/T?? Dun po sa mga meron at dun na rn po sa mga nakakaalam. Thnx.
    List of innova owners have been posted in this thread, the roll of which contains each owner unit's variant, colour, engine, transmission and fuel consumption. Latest list update was posted on page 130 of this thread. Cheers.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    * larshell
    I went to P.Tamo and I explained my problem to them. They diagnosed my unit and reset or put the settings of those supposedly abnormal thru the OBD (onboard diagnostic) / laptop. My problem was also gone. I will observe it for a while. I also requested if they will replace my fuel pump since yun din ang suspect nung SA but they said na observe ko na lng muna tas replaced agad nila kung recur ung problem.

Now I wonder if biodiesel has something to do with this event. I didn't mention anything of biodiesel to the SA because I want them to find out the root cause and solve the problem themselves. The SA specifically told me that such adjustment is deem necessary sometimes and that the D4D engine is not bad at all.

Regarding the advise of the QA station SA not to use biodiesel, I persomally believe that they should not void the warranty because you use biodiesel. In the first place such fuel is recommended and now supported by the government. We have the right to get the government's help if tpypta will not allow us to use biodiesel. Also, toyota must first prove that such fuel also is not compatible with the D4D engine. Otherwise, they cannot prohibit those consumers that wish to use biodiesel.

The D4D for me is a good engine after all.

Few days from now, Im gonna try again using biodiesel. This is to find out what the culprit really is and test also the ability of Toyota to remedy such event.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    ok din pla ang innova VVti!!! tipid din pla. last question"s" na po:

1.) Ndi po ba kinakapos sa paghatak ang Vvti especially kung full load ka ng pasahero mas mababa ang torque ng VVTi compare to D4D?? and

2.) "long throw"(bsta yung malaki ang movement when shifting gear) ba ang kambyo(M/T) kumbaga e para din bang van, dyip when shifting gear?? Kc b4 may grandia kmi at parang kambyo ng delivery truck namin ang pagkambyo...censya na po kung medyo magulo ang tanong ko. d ko kc lam tawag sa ganun(long throw na kambyo) sana po magets nyo mga experts.

3.) May nabasa ako na kumakadyot daw ang innova M/T when shifting to 2nd gear, sa VVti b o D4d or both clang ganun??

Thnx again!!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by lord
    * larshell

Regarding the advise of the QA station SA not to use biodiesel, I persomally believe that they should not void the warranty because you use biodiesel. In the first place such fuel is recommended and now supported by the government. We have the right to get the government's help if tpypta will not allow us to use biodiesel. Also, toyota must first prove that such fuel also is not compatible with the D4D engine. Otherwise, they cannot prohibit those consumers that wish to use biodiesel.
    on the contrary, biodiesel is not compatible with ALL diesel engines. many engines are ok with biodiesel but a small percentage do not recommend use of biodiesel. IMO we should not fault the manufacturer if their engine is not compatible with BD.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    biodiesel compatibility info:

Fiat
    No current Alfa Romeo or Fiat engines are compatible for biodiesel use, except in a "minimal percentage" blended with conventional diesel fuel - up to 5%. Use of any higher-percentage blend will invalidate warranties.

Ford
    None of Ford's range of diesel engines are fully biodiesel-compatible without modifications. Using a pure blend of biodiesel/RME will invalidate a warranty. However, a blend of up to 5% RME can be used without affecting warranty cover.

Honda
    The Isuzu-supplied engine fitted to the new Civic Diesel runs on diesel fuel that meets EN590 standards. Use of any other diesel fuel will invalidate a warranty. However, a blend of up to 5% biodiesel/RME is acceptable, according to Honda, although Isuzu hasn't tested it.

Hyundai
    No diesel engines currently offered by Hyundai are biodiesel-compatible - the seals in the high-pressure fuel pump are not suitable.

Kia
    Kia's technical department in Korea sees no real reason why the 2.9 TD engine fitted in the Sedona shouldn't run on biodiesel (refined to meet the right standards and octane rating), but have not carried out any research and testing with biofuels, and do not warrant the engine for their use.

Land Rover
    No information available as yet - call Customer Services and quote engine code.

Mazda
    The diesel engines fitted to Mazda models are not biodiesel compatible, and use of any such fuels will invalidate a warranty.

Mercedes-Benz
    Mercedes-Benz does not warrant its diesel engines (apart from a very small number of units fitted in German taxis) for biodiesel/RME use.

MG Rover
    The diesel engines offered by MG Rover are not compatible for biodiesel use, except in concentrations of up to 5%. Use of fuel with a stronger blend will invalidate a warranty.

Mitsubishi
    Mitsubishi has not done any testing with biodiesel in its diesel engines, so any problems arising from its use would not be covered under warranty.

Nissan
    Bosch, suppliers of Nissan's diesel engines, say that these engines will function correctly but there will be premature engine wear and any damage thought to be caused by biodiesel will not be covered by Nissan's warranty. Nissan Germany is, apparently, "not actively discouraging" biodiesel use, but this is still under review here. It's an at-your-own-risk scenario.

Peugeot
    Both the HDI and non-HDI diesels in the current range are compatible to run on biodiesel - if the fuel is certified to meet the same British standards as 'normal' diesel fuel and comes from an accredited source. Use of non-accredited fuels, however, will invalidate warranties; Peugeot suggests that low-grade fuels can cause problems with lubrication, especially in the high-pressure HDI systems.

Renault
    No information available as yet - call Customer Services and quote your engine code.

Saab
    No information available as yet - call Customer Services and quote your engine code.