New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 216 of 1323 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 13229
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    Wow, Project Larshell Part 2 - How to Post Pictures

Innova Boy was patient enough to illustrate this complicated procedure starting on this link :
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...page=206&pp=10

And meier gave us a place where we can upload the images.

Pls. keep your pictures small (less than 100kb) so it will load fast.
    Happy posting.

lienahtan: I posted some info on Innova accessories on the other thread you started.
    Oo nga e! Bait nyong dalwa thanks ulit ha

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Question lang, how were you able to take this pic?? dba masikip dian sa portion na yan...Thanks..

WBR,

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy
    Question lang, how were you able to take this pic?? dba masikip dian sa portion na yan...Thanks..

WBR,
    I used my digicam - canon powershotA80, i set it to macro mode so I can focus as close as 2cm from lens, and keep lens at wide (do not zoom). Any digicam can do it - just use it's macro focusing capability and check manual what is minimum close focus distance (usually anywhere from 1 cm to 8 cm depending on digicam). Also use flash to maximize depth-of-field so nothing gets blurred.

I took other photos of my Innova's D4D engine and posted it in the car gallery. Here's the link :
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/gallery/show...0/ppuser/7209/

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    I think pudlocks and chains can only delay tirenaper. What you should do is dont park on the same spot and long period of time, kelangan lighted area at yong matao if you can't do that remove your sparetire in city driving pag out of town nalang ibalik. Dont worry of flat tires. you ask yourself how many times u have flat tires since you start driving, me im driving since my 6th grade twice palang ako na flat sa kalsada and that is because of negligence and luma masyado ang tires ko. Once a year na flat tire? siguro may balat ka wetpaks nun.

Delay is one precious moment a thief couldn't afford. They won't act unless access is clear, target is vulnerable. Spare tire isn't precious at all, life is.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    oh i get it now.. Thanks..

WBR,

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by leinahtan
    Delay is one precious moment a thief couldn't afford. They won't act unless access is clear, target is vulnerable. Spare tire isn't precious at all, life is.
    leinahtan: Just a suggestion- when using padlock that low to the ground, fill the key hole with grease or use electrical tape to cover key hole coz you won't be able to insert the key nor turn the key if mud, sand or dirt gets in it.

My officemate's starex got his spare tire stolen at Megamall covered parking (of all places) so he put a chain and padlock on his new spare tire. When he got a flat, he couldn't even get the key in since the hole was full of dried-up mud. They had to cut through the chain with a big cable cutter.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Good advice
    Maybe some other locks that dont need a key would better...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    leinahtan: Just a suggestion- when using padlock that low to the ground, fill the key hole with grease or use electrical tape to cover key hole coz you won't be able to insert the key nor turn the key if mud, sand or dirt gets in it.

My officemate's starex got his spare tire stolen at Megamall covered parking (of all places) so he put a chain and padlock on his new spare tire. When he got a flat, he couldn't even get the key in since the hole was full of dried-up mud. They had to cut through the chain with a big cable cutter.
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]Jaeger, I highly appreciate your suggestion. Well, preventive maintenance is the key, not the key itself. I have gone to various crunches with padlocks not being periodically lubricated/greased or even utilized. It should be known that even the chain should be sprayed with anti-rust paint and covered with used bicycle tube to prevent corrosion and friction against the transverse chassis so with the tire rim. As for the padlock, it should be smeared with grease and inspected from time to time. Hope this clear things up.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram 001
    Good advice
    Maybe some other locks that dont need a key would better...

Try using a combination lock. "Master" brand are quite good, but dont know if it is resistant to elements, though.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Found this heavy duty cable lock at Concorde (SM City), very similar to a bicycle lock but thicker, about 1 inch in diameter and 24 inches in length. What is interesting is that it has a rubber cover for the key hole. It is covere with hard plastic insulation all over so it will properly address the rust problems. Kung baga, designed for outdoor use. Problem lang is wala nang stock at yung display nila is wala nang susi.

So the spare tire problem and alarm sensor as well as yung break in speed were finally resolved.

May mga bago naman akong mga queries so here goes:

1. Ano ang diameter ng ating mga lug nuts (yung nuts para sa ating mga wheel). Is it 1.25 or 1.5?

2. Madali bang tuklapin ang ating mga side mirrors? If yes, ano ang magagawa natin para ma-prevent ito?

3. Meron na ba sa inyo ang nag-tanggal ng third row seats? Hindi ko pa sila kailangan kasi usually 4 lang kami sa ride. Me, my wife, our son and yaya. Mas kailangan ko yung space sa likod for the things of the baby. Madali bang tanggalin ito? (Another reason: dead weight itong mga seats na ito. Kung hindi naman kailangan eh bakit hindi natin tanggalin muna, it might add to our fuel efficiency coz mabigat-bigat rin sila ah)

4. Ang feeling ko pag tumatakbo ang ride ko eh parang naka-clutch driving ako. Moreover, medyo mabigat ang accelerator. Sadya bang medyo mabigat ang takbo ng ride natin? Hindi naman umiilaw yung para sa electonic throttle system kaya I presume na walang problema sa electrical niya.