New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 965 of 1323 FirstFirst ... 86591595596196296396496596696796896997510151065 ... LastLast
Results 9,641 to 9,650 of 13229
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    <<double post>>

Anyway, I just saw the video on the previous page. 185km/h limiter on the 2.5L D4D. The limiter on the VVT-i lets the car go a bit faster at 190km/h with the manual tranny, same on the 3.0L Fort and 2.7L VVT-i Fort/Innova. Witnessed it myself, the car won't let me go faster. Dad did 170km/h on our D4D A/T Innova, but I'm sure he did better than that. He just won't tell me.

On acceleration issues with the VVT-i Innova, just let the car rev above 4000RPM to get better acceleration or shift at that rev if you have a manual tranny. I'm more comfortable with the VVT-i on overtaking since the D4D suffers from turbo lag, and torque is limited at high revs (since it's a diesel). Good acceleration from the D4D comes at 2000RPM and ends at about 3800RPM, and that doesn't help when you've got shorter gear ratios. On the other hand, the good acceleration "window" of the VVT-i starts at 3500RPM all the way to redline.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    <<double post>>

Anyway, I just saw the video on the previous page. 185km/h limiter on the 2.5L D4D. The limiter on the VVT-i lets the car go a bit faster at 190km/h with the manual tranny, same on the 3.0L Fort and 2.7L VVT-i Fort/Innova. Witnessed it myself, the car won't let me go faster. Dad did 170km/h on our D4D A/T Innova, but I'm sure he did better than that. He just won't tell me.

On acceleration issues with the VVT-i Innova, just let the car rev above 4000RPM to get better acceleration or shift at that rev if you have a manual tranny. I'm more comfortable with the VVT-i on overtaking since the D4D suffers from turbo lag, and torque is limited at high revs (since it's a diesel). Good acceleration from the D4D comes at 2000RPM and ends at about 3800RPM, and that doesn't help when you've got shorter gear ratios. On the other hand, the good acceleration "window" of the VVT-i starts at 3500RPM all the way to redline.
    thats what i hate about the vvti engine in the innova, you have to rev it high to get a decent acceleration,that would be fine except the innova vvti engine doesn't like to be revved, funny but the vvti and d4d engines in the innova behave almost the same (ie both doesn't like to be revved). reg the d4d, my bro in law has a manual d4d and i haven't experienced any turbo lag, pulling power is good from 1.5k rpm to 2.5k rpm.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Do you mean vibration on the VVT-i at high revs? That's given. Oh I forgot to mention, I noticed the turbo lag of the D4D with the auto tranny. The manual variant accelerates faster at lower revs, but I feel that it won't like high revs unlike the A/T D4D. Must be the difference in gear ratios between the M/T and A/T.

And don't worry about high revs, she'll take it. The VVT-i is still smooth (and won't blow up) even at 5000rpm and you'd pass the D4D at that engine speed while overtaking; but shifting becomes tricky. It's nerve-wracking to keep the needle below the redline. Think Honda VTEC and you'd get the picture. Except the Innova is a way fatter car.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    "the good acceleration 'window' of the VVT-i starts at 3500RPM all the way to redline."

Wow, takaw sa gas nun. I can overtake at 2k-3k. Malakas vvti, parang isang halimaw na kailangan mo laging i-temper kasi biglang nagwawala pag napalakas ang apak. I shift gears below 2k without any vibration, kailangan lang timplahin, and he will reward you with good fuel consumption.

Anyway, tuwing kelan pala kayo nagpapalit ng belt (hindi yung chain) mga peeps? Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Sa amin po kasi madaming sasakyan na mabagal eh...minsan 4 na kotse tsaka isang 18-wheeler ang inoovertake kaya kailangan ubusin ang speed ng gears...anyway, acceleration is relative and I need the kind people usually get on sedans...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    Sa amin po kasi madaming sasakyan na mabagal eh...minsan 4 na kotse tsaka isang 18-wheeler ang inoovertake kaya kailangan ubusin ang speed ng gears...anyway, acceleration is relative and I need the kind people usually get on sedans...
    Yea your right, its really tempting knowing what 2.0 vvti can do. I'm guilty sometimes

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    roberto_minosa,
    clarify ko lang yung statement regarding fort 3.0 can't keep up with vvti, vvti ng innova ba yun? o vvti ng fort? parang nababagalan kasi ako sa innova vvti, pero to give credit naman, maganda yung a/t na nakakabit sa innova vvti in which na maximize niya yung little power available. parang d4d din humatak sa arangkada, but loses steam sa rektahan. na spoiled lang siguro ako dun sa isa kong car, 1.2k-2k rpm palang kasi yun naka pin down nako sa seats hehe. kaya pag itong innova ko ginagamit ko nababagalan ako.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Innova's D4D is garbage. nakakatawa yun mga pro D4D just because they have D4D not knowing its issues lolz.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xmasps3 View Post
    Innova's D4D is garbage. nakakatawa yun mga pro D4D just because they have D4D not knowing its issues lolz.
    Flame baiting?

Bago ka palang dito (3 post), learn forum ethics before you post.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by xmasps3 View Post
    Hey, noob, observe your manners. Do not comment on something which might offend other owners. I'm sure you want to stay long on this forum, so be aware of your post/s.