New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    Weld preparation is poor. The WPS should have clearly specified what's to be done.

Given that this is a critical car component, a bevel should have been applied first to achieve a full penetration weld, or a fillet weld should have been completed around the entire joint.

so i looked under the two twist-beam cars i have here. wala talagang weld sa top and bottom. and there are actually holes there, probably so water doesn't pool and cause corrosion.

pero wala talagang weld penetration as can be seen. it's like the weld is just sitting on top of the metal like glue

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Chery PH recalls Tiggo 5X Pro to check rear suspension

According to UAAGI, 90 examples of the 2024 MY Tiggo 5X Pro are being recalled due to a potential weld issue on the rear torsion beam. UAAGI said that Chery International informed them that there are select Tiggo 5X Pro units imported to the Philippines that are suspected to have insufficient welding beads on their rear torsion beam assembly.

If not addressed, the insufficient weld beads could break while the vehicle is in motion, especially if driven under hard conditions. To fix this, affected customers will receive official notification letters from Chery Auto Philippines and will be promptly contacted by authorized dealers to inspect the rear axle.

The said inspection will take no more than 30 minutes and should it need replacement, Chery Auto Philippines said that it will take a minimum of 5 hours for the procedure to be completed. The repair will be done free of charge to vehicle owners.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    i do MIG (w/ shielding gas) at home here's a fairly recent weld that i did.
    ***y welds!

Apparently the subcon that makes the part replaced a worn welding tip but did not recalibrate it
    News: Chery Auto Malaysia traces Omoda 5 rear axle issue to miscalibrated welding machine | CarSifu

Are the local 5x Pros getting parts from the same subcon? Or is there more to the story?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    ***y welds!

Apparently the subcon that makes the part replaced a worn welding tip but did not recalibrate it
    News: Chery Auto Malaysia traces Omoda 5 rear axle issue to miscalibrated welding machine | CarSifu

Are the local 5x Pros getting parts from the same subcon? Or is there more to the story?
    ... perhaps the workers have been replacing the worn welding tips as a matter of routine, without realizing they have to re-calibrate them afterwards...

while it may be relatively easy to determine when the system error occurred, narrowing down the suspect batches of affected cars, it is still prudent to have all the cars using similar parts, be inspected.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    hindi spot welded yan. spot welding is used on join thin body panels together. it looks like MIG

i do MIG (w/ shielding gas) at home here's a fairly recent weld that i did. there are a lot of variables that could affect weld quality: wire speed, voltage, surface prep, poor grounding, worn out tips, etc

as an aside,
    when dad had something welded, the first thing he did upon reaching home, is to paint over the welded segments to prevent them from rusting.
    years later, we would encounter yon segment, and note that even as the segments adjacent to the weld are rusting, the welded segment's paint is still intact and the metal below it, rust-free.
    sabi nga nang iba, "pag papa ko ang gumawa, mas malakas pa kaysa original".

slow morning.
    apologies.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 24th, 2024 at 10:46 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Chery Auto PH Issues Service Inspection Recall For Tiggo 5X Pro SUV | CarGuide

Chery Auto Philippines says all affected customers will receive official notification letters and will be asked to contact an authorized Chery dealer to facilitate the inspection of the rear axle assembly. The inspection will take just 30 minutes. If replacement is required, it will take around five hours to replace which will be conducted at no charge to vehicle owners.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the company's positive action will only result in increased faith of the purchasing public.
    sweeping it under the rug, will only erode whatever faith is still there.

chery is already suffering from a slump. it needs all the help it can get.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the company's positive action will only result in increased faith of the purchasing public.
    sweeping it under the rug, will only erode whatever faith is still there.

chery is already suffering from a slump. it needs all the help it can get.
    is Cherry PH connected with Omoda PH?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    is Cherry PH connected with Omoda PH?
    according to topgear,
    while omoda is a member of the chery group,
    omoda ph will operate independent of chery ph.

life is complicated.
    heh heh.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    according to topgear,
    while omoda is a member of the chery group,
    omoda ph will operate independent of chery ph.

life is complicated.
    heh heh.
    maybe chery doesn't want to put all its eggs in one basket kasi nasunog na sila ng dating distributors nila (Iseway and MB Santiago). i've read feedbacks that UAAGI is doing a good job now but minsan depende rin sa dealer/franchise.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Chery returns to PH