New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 968 of 1323 FirstFirst ... 86891895896496596696796896997097197297810181068 ... LastLast
Results 9,671 to 9,680 of 13229
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lord View Post
    What's the usual cause of the noise being produced in the engine once in a while for about 3 seconds especially at during start up?

Drive belt? Timing belt?
    This is the same question I asked Toyota people in casa here in Cebu. They did not give me an answer. They say that that sound is normal...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ay3ng View Post
    I bought my spare tire lock in Carland Makati, I forgot the brand name but the price is approximately Php1,500.
    Does it have a brand name? Can you tell us where in Makati can we get this? thanks

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    What's the usual cause of the noise being produced in the engine once in a while for about 3 seconds especially at during start up?

Drive belt? Timing belt?
    What kind of noise? Diesel or Gasoline?

What you heard would probably be the compressor being engage.

BTW, it has timing chain not timing belt

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ronidux View Post
    Does it have a brand name? Can you tell us where in Makati can we get this? thanks
    Why don't you get the more sturdier and reliable Solex brand. Look pal, how much does a spare cost compare to a solex tire lock? you wouldn't want to shell out bucks for a costly spare than a P2.5k solex, don't you?
    Last edited by leinahtan; March 25th, 2009 at 01:13 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Just a warning...some casas like Toyota Balintawak sells Kaco spare tire locks for PhP3,500. Like I was telling, it wouldn't lock as it got stuck when we removed it after about a year but we eventually fixed it. I dunno about the Solex, but for P2,500, I think it's a good deal. Well, maybe, compared to the casa-sold unit. At least Solex has a reputation to protect.

We have no idea yet on the quality of the generic lock priced at P1,500.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    What kind of noise? Diesel or Gasoline?

What you heard would probably be the compressor being engage.

BTW, it has timing chain not timing belt
    Thanks for clarifying.

The noise - parang nabutas na gulong ata. Tas mawawala after a few seconds. Compressor ba yun? It ssems not normal anymore. What part should be replaced? Please give your expert opinions. thanks.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Thanks for clarifying.

The noise - parang nabutas na gulong ata. Tas mawawala after a few seconds. Compressor ba yun? It ssems not normal anymore. What part should be replaced? Please give your expert opinions. thanks.
    If you think it is not normal, you better have someone check it. If your ride is D4d probably you have problem with your turbo or some broken gasket.

You may want to back read here, some D4d owner experience a sound like a boiling kettle or something like gas escaping sound.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Thanks for clarifying.

Never experienced this in my vehicle. As Mile2 suggested patingnan mo na sa expert or sa toyota mismo. If you know a mechanic that you think is knowledgeable, have him take a look at your vehicle but seek second opinion if you are in doubt on his assessment. Sometimes, a well-experienced mechanic will be able to directly point out the problem to you that you never realized before.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    Just a warning...some casas like Toyota Balintawak sells Kaco spare tire locks for PhP3,500. Like I was telling, it wouldn't lock as it got stuck when we removed it after about a year but we eventually fixed it. I dunno about the Solex, but for P2,500, I think it's a good deal. Well, maybe, compared to the casa-sold unit. At least Solex has a reputation to protect.

We have no idea yet on the quality of the generic lock priced at P1,500.
    Bought my Spare Tire Lock at Toyota directly for about P3K plus. Brand is Solex and the key has a Toyota logo on it. Your Kaco must have corroded inside that is why it got stuck.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004

Drive belt? Timing belt?
    i noticed this sound too in my vvti unit at cold startups, is the sound "tik,tok,tik,tok". i think this sound is coming from the a/c compressor. this only happens in cold startups and a/c turned on.