New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 955 of 1323 FirstFirst ... 85590594595195295395495595695795895996510051055 ... LastLast
Results 9,541 to 9,550 of 13229
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    Sir, pareho tayo ng naeexperience although sa service ko na vios, eksakto ang description ninyo ng amoy. Sa innova ko ay okay naman at hindi ko nararanasan yung maasim na amoy kapag fan pa lang ang nakabukas. Ang practice ko naman sa pagpatay ng vehicle ay tatanggalin ko muna yung lamig ng aircon by turning off the thermostat while the aircon fan is still running. Para ito magcondense ang evaporator air at madrain na rin. Cooldown period na rin para sa engine. Ang suspetsa ko kaya nagkaganoon yung kotse ay dahil sa paggamit ko nang wax (yung nasa lata na katulad ng glade) at oil (ambipur) based car perfume. Ngayon hindi na ako gumagamit ng ganoon at since binili ko yung innova, hindi ko rin ginamitan. So far walang foul smell sa innova ko. Wala yan sir sa cabin filter dahil hindi naman yon nababasa pero it is good that you inspect it regularly.

Sa mga may suggestions kung paano maaalis yung foul smell, welcome na welcome po. Ayoko pa kasing magresort sana sa aircon cleaning at dalawang taon pa lang yung kotse (three days daw na matetengga sa casa - the same for both vios and innova), malamig pa naman ang aircon.
    Had the same problem.

I believe what some of you said about using wax/liquid type car perfumes may have contributed to the foul odor when opening the a/c. Because I also used them before.

I can not remember where I got this tip but I do this and it solves the problem.

The reason for the foul smell are molds developing in the a/c vents. I use Lysol disinfectant and spray it on the a/c vents on the dashboard. And sometimes on the cabin's. Put the air vent switch to allow air inside the car rather than allowing air to just circulate inside the car. Wait a few minutes before turning on the a/c to dry off.

The foul smell sometimes comes back after a car wash or driving thru flash floods where parts under the engine gets wet. Or when I wiped off some dirt on the passenger seat with a wet rug then left it over night (a dumb mistake).

Good practice din young suggestion to 'cool down' the a/c by leaving the fan on before completely turning off the car. It helps dry up the moisture.

Hope this helps.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    This is a compre insurance quotation from Tyt shaw for my 2008 Innova G Gas M/T. P3,000 claims participation. No added accessories. Any other better quotation? Would like to hear your comments guys. Thanks so much.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by james00112233 View Post
    I've been using uling for a month but the result is still the same, may amoy pa rin pag-on ng aircon.... any other suggestions po?...
    another suggestion would be to turn on your aircon. set the fan to full blast. open your windows then spray lysol underneath your dashboard. do this also at the rear right hand where the second fan is located.

if this doesn't work then its time for you to clean your condenser.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    We use regular cooking charcoal on ours. We poured it in an uncovered plastic container. A/C blower still stinks when compressor is off. Doesn't matter much though, I just fire the compressor up when I feel like it.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    like Mile2, it has become a habit of mine to turn on the rear aircon even if it is just me in the Innova... i also don't use car fresheners... somehow, i've managed to retain the somewhat brandnew smell of my car even up to now.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    like Mile2, it has become a habit of mine to always turn on the rear aircon even if it is just me in the Innova... i also don't use car fresheners... somehow, i've managed to retain the somewhat brandnew smell of my car even up to now.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by leinahtan View Post
    There is no other way but to have it cleaned if you can't stand the foul odour. As the saying goes, fix the cause, not cure it. I think some unwanted foreign materials (soot, dust, insects, etc.) have invaded inside the ac housing causing the foul odor. After cleaning, use TW odor-x and hang two net pouches containing charcoal, one each on the driver and the passenger side underneath the dash similar to what I did
    Hope this helps.
    Come to think of it, you are right. The only way is to have the AC system cleaned as I'm sure that the accumulated dirt on the Evaporator (cooling coil) fins is causing the foul smell. The charcoal will absorb foul smell and moisture within the car interior, not within the AC system itself.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wakin View Post
    another suggestion would be to turn on your aircon. set the fan to full blast. open your windows then spray lysol underneath your dashboard. do this also at the rear right hand where the second fan is located.

if this doesn't work then its time for you to clean your condenser.
    Wakin, thanks for the suggestion. I did this last night as you suggested and voila! no more foul smell this morning. Tama si Aris72ph that this is probably due to molds and probably bacteria trapped in the evaporator. Been wanting to try this mold/bacteria/virus cleaner sa AC system, in spray cans na nabibili sa Concorde, pero di ko maatim na gumastos ng 600 pesos then pumalpak. Yung Lysol, meron kami sa bahay kaya sinubukan ko kaagad. I will observe and redo if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by aris72ph View Post
    Had the same problem.

I believe what some of you said about using wax/liquid type car perfumes may have contributed to the foul odor when opening the a/c. Because I also used them before.

I can not remember where I got this tip but I do this and it solves the problem.

The reason for the foul smell are molds developing in the a/c vents. I use Lysol disinfectant and spray it on the a/c vents on the dashboard. And sometimes on the cabin's. Put the air vent switch to allow air inside the car rather than allowing air to just circulate inside the car. Wait a few minutes before turning on the a/c to dry off.

The foul smell sometimes comes back after a car wash or driving thru flash floods where parts under the engine gets wet. Or when I wiped off some dirt on the passenger seat with a wet rug then left it over night (a dumb mistake).

Good practice din young suggestion to 'cool down' the a/c by leaving the fan on before completely turning off the car. It helps dry up the moisture.

Hope this helps.
    Aris72ph, yung suggestion not to use wax type perfume eh naibigay sa kin ng mga taga Sanden. Yung vapor kasi naistuck sa evaporator coils kaya mabilis kapitan ng alikabok, etc. Kaya dapat sa Innova, mas matagal ang cleaning interval dahil sa cabin filter.

Another good practice is what Mile2 and Ma'am Liv mentioned na, keep the back row AC Fan operating kasi maistress ang evaporator coils doon kung hindi nadidissipate ang lamig. Akala nang iba makakatipid sa gasolina kung papatayin yung second row AC, kabaliktaran ang mangyayari noon.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    ... Akala nang iba makakatipid sa gasolina kung papatayin yung second row AC, kabaliktaran ang mangyayari noon.
    Bro, could you elaborate your quoted phrase? You mean pag naka-off yung rear AC, mas magastos sa fuel?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by leinahtan View Post
    Bro, could you elaborate your quoted phrase? You mean pag naka-off yung rear AC, mas magastos sa fuel?
    Short story lang and I hope you won't mind. A few years back, a colleauge who owns a toyota lite-ace, like we did, told me about his practice of engaging only the front A/C system, sabi nya para makatipid. I did an experimentation and observed that the A/C Compressor is engaged longer when using only the front A/C rather than when using the backrow also. Translation, the engine will use more fuel because the compressor is a mechanical load. Savings might be insignificant depending on the driving conditions.