New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 969 of 1323 FirstFirst ... 86991995996596696796896997097197297397910191069 ... LastLast
Results 9,681 to 9,690 of 13229
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    i noticed this sound too in my vvti unit at cold startups, is the sound "tik,tok,tik,tok". i think this sound is coming from the a/c compressor. this only happens in cold startups and a/c turned on.
    same here, mine is also a vvti and i also experience that sound. it must be the compressor since that some only occurs when the aircon is turned on...aside from the sound, any other thing seems normal...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Came back from my trip up north using a D4D Innova. I must say, i am impressed. Driving for long distances was ok. Suspension was stiff but i was expecting worst so it was surprisingly pleasant. If I was overtaking and have to downshift, it seems that the engine was having a hard time working with the gearbox in bringng the car up to speed, but when in 5th gear and running at 100kph, it was so quick for it to bring it to 120+kph.

I was surprised because it was effortless to bring it up to 150kph in SCTEX, then suddenly another Innova (the VVTI variant) zipped right by as if I was stationary.

Had a hard time with steering wheel though, had a hard time looking for a comfortable position for the long trip. According to my passengers, The third row seat was extremely uncomfortable for long trips.

Braking was very responsive. Was confused though most of the time if it was in 3rd or 5th gear as they looked very similar in position. Overall, the ride was ok.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    i noticed this sound too in my vvti unit at cold startups, is the sound "tik,tok,tik,tok". i think this sound is coming from the a/c compressor. this only happens in cold startups and a/c turned on.
    "tik,tok,tik,tok" Yep, it's the compressor engaging. I dunno why it switches twice.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    "tik,tok,tik,tok" Yep, it's the compressor engaging. I dunno why it switches twice.
    I think its better to switch off aircon upon shut down of engine. So that during cold starts it will lessen the burden on the engine since it will not have to start the compressor immediately.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Came back from my trip up north using a D4D Innova. I must say, i am impressed. Driving for long distances was ok. Suspension was stiff but i was expecting worst so it was surprisingly pleasant. If I was overtaking and have to downshift, it seems that the engine was having a hard time working with the gearbox in bringng the car up to speed, but when in 5th gear and running at 100kph, it was so quick for it to bring it to 120+kph.

I was surprised because it was effortless to bring it up to 150kph in SCTEX, then suddenly another Innova (the VVTI variant) zipped right by as if I was stationary.

Had a hard time with steering wheel though, had a hard time looking for a comfortable position for the long trip. According to my passengers, The third row seat was extremely uncomfortable for long trips.

Braking was very responsive. Was confused though most of the time if it was in 3rd or 5th gear as they looked very similar in position. Overall, the ride was ok.
    The seating position is typical with any entry level Toyota, especially if you're used to the seating positions of Nissans, Hondas, etc...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hi Guys,

Need your advice on this one, heard a lot of problems with Toyota's D4D engine but friends are telling me that it is still a better buy than the Gas variant.Personally, im torn between the two. Here are the requirements

Planning to get an Innova, choices
    1.) 05 Diesel E Variant Manual 35,000KM
    2.) 06 Gas G Variant Matic 51,000KM

What will last longer? Preferably til 2015
    Is there a big difference with the km/liter average?
    Which is easier to maintain?
    Does the Innova have underchassis/performance issues?

Car will be used for only 3 times a week (2 codings and 1 Sunday)

Hoping for your advice

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dandang View Post
    I think its better to switch off aircon upon shut down of engine. So that during cold starts it will lessen the burden on the engine since it will not have to start the compressor immediately.
    Yep, I switch the A/C off before switching the engine off. And I don't start the engine up with the A/C on. My old habit...

I think the compressor engaging noise during switching at cold start is normal...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dandang View Post
    i switch off my a/c before i turn off the engine. and i make sure my a/c and other accessories are off before starting the engine. however during cold startups, after 10-15secs or so, when i turn on the a/c it makes a "tik tok tik tok" sound, it seems the compressor is having a hard time engaging in a cold engine.kinda like on, off, on, off sound. however when the engine reaches optimal operating temp (temp gauge a little over 1/4) , turning on the a/c only elicits a "tik" sound coming from the compressor. before i think there is something wrong with the a/c compressor but since other guys here are also experiencing the same, im inclined to think that the sound is normal, however on my other vehicles, whether cold startups or on normal operating temp, turning on the a/c, you will only heart a simple "tik" sound

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    badtrip..ilan weeks ko na nababasa abouts sa spare tire lock pero hindi ko pinansin dahil kala ko di mangyayari sakin...ayun..nawala parang bula..
    guys tulong...insured pa naman yung auto..anu dapat ko gawin?pwede ipasok sa insurance para bigyan ako spare tire?may babayaran ba?magkano kaya?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by revorayala View Post
    badtrip..ilan weeks ko na nababasa abouts sa spare tire lock pero hindi ko pinansin dahil kala ko di mangyayari sakin...ayun..nawala parang bula..
    guys tulong...insured pa naman yung auto..anu dapat ko gawin?pwede ipasok sa insurance para bigyan ako spare tire?may babayaran ba?magkano kaya?
    Pay insurance participation fee, kung mags and tire yung nawala mas maganda ipasok mo sa insurance, just prepare affidavit.

Kung steel and tires yung nawala baka mas mura pa second hand sa Evangelista kaysa participation fee. Tignan mo na lang kung saan ka makakamura participation fee or second hand.