New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 48 of 163 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nayki View Post
    Hi All, this is not about any D4D problem.
    I'm just curius, does Toyota Innova Dsl, HiAce/Grandia, and Fortuner G Dsl have the same Engine specs: (2KD-FTV) Direct Injection, 4-Cylinder In-Line, DOHC 16 Valve, Turbo Charger?

If yes so does it mean the Innova have an edge over the 2 since it has lightess body wieght but having the same power?
    The low end models of hilux and hiace and even Fortuner G variant, has the same engine as the Innova at 2.5 L Disp. High end variants of Hilux, Hi-Ace and Fortuner V has the 3.0 L Disp. Diesel Engine.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    The low end models of hilux and hiace and even Fortuner G variant, has the same engine as the Innova at 2.5 L Disp. High end variants of Hilux, Hi-Ace and Fortuner V has the 3.0 L Disp. Diesel Engine.
    Thanks for the reply. so between Innova Dsl and Fortuner G, the former have an edge in terms of speed since it has lighter body?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ---spotcash--- View Post
    Is diesel engine really faster than a gasoline or unleaded engine?
    coz it seemed like that's what I experienced... my sister and I was travelling to Calamba, Laguna to refreshen along the hotsprings, I was driving an Innova (diesel) and she was driving an Avanza (gas)... she informed that I was driving so fast, when I was only driving 100km/h, same as her speed; is there an apparent reason for that, or just happen that my Innova is a 2.5 d4d engine, while Avanza, im not sure with the displacement, though... and my Innova was loaded with 8 pax, with the other car she's holding 5 pax... hhmmm....
    i have noticed in myself, that i am more "sensitive" to speed when i am driving smaller vehicle, that when i am driving larger vehicle. i tend to drive faster in larger vehicle than in smaller vehicle. maybe it's because larger vehicle tends to ride smoother and has a larger field of view..?
    generally, diesels have larger pulling ability, while gas engines have faster top speed.. that is why commercial or industrial vehicles tend to be diesels.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    im just curious and might sound a very funny question; sorry got no time to ask a mechanic so ill just ask you guyz...
    does diesel engine have spark plugs?
    if yes:
    where is it located, if it has?
    when is the usual turnaround time of changing it?
    how may spark plugs does an Innova d4d have?
    if no:
    alright then... so how does the engine work since I believe that spark plug are one engine component that helps burn fuel and turns it to power, correct me if im wrong, since id surely appreciate it. tnx...

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ajOT View Post
    im just curious and might sound a very funny question; sorry got no time to ask a mechanic so ill just ask you guyz...
    does diesel engine have spark plugs?
    if yes:
    where is it located, if it has?
    when is the usual turnaround time of changing it?
    how may spark plugs does an Innova d4d have?
    if no:
    alright then... so how does the engine work since I believe that spark plug are one engine component that helps burn fuel and turns it to power, correct me if im wrong, since id surely appreciate it. tnx...
    Diesel engines do not have spark plugs no matter if its CRDi or the older types.
    It instead uses a higher compression of air to ignite the fuel. Try googling ignition systems to find out more. HTH

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by noobskie View Post
    Diesel engines do not have spark plugs no matter if its CRDi or the older types.
    It instead uses a higher compression of air to ignite the fuel. Try googling ignition systems to find out more. HTH
    tnx for the info

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ajOT View Post
    thats good that the problem on your (dad's) car was resolved

if anything like that happens, you may also want to check on the battery terminal as it may be loose...
    grabe naman toyota. its a common problem with starters. tingin ko tinatamad lang sila gawin. badtrip. saang branch yan para maiwasan sir.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Siguro kung starter lang maging problema kung walang warranty sasakyan pwede na sa auto electrical shop pagawa iyong starter kapag maysayad ang armature mahirap umikot at nililinis nila ito para pag start makikita mo mabilis ang ikot nito at sumisipa agad.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    in tucson, they have a so-called glow plugs. they change it after 80k pa ata if im not mistaken.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by harold13 View Post
    in tucson, they have a so-called glow plugs. they change it after 80k pa ata if im not mistaken.
    Wala akong matandaan na may glow plugs ang tucson crdi engine.
    Sa old conventional diesel injection system with pre-combustion chambers ko lang ito nakikita dati. Kahit and isuzu direct injection makina ng highlander ay wala na ito.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)