New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 44 of 163 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 1628
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,335
    #431
    my 2005 Toyota Innova J D4D fuel system warning light just turned ON suddenly; its an indicator that has a drawing of a fuel pump with dots on the bottom; it is an indicator just beside the fuel gauge; sorry dont know what that sign is called; am I just going to follow what is seen in Page 282 of the manual - Draining fuel filter water? what are the causes of that sign-fuel system warning light? The light blinks if water is detected inside the filter. The same light is continuously on if it is blocked/restricted.

    juz a follow up: what does D4D stand for? I don't know.

    tnx a lot... You're welcome....

  2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,335
    #432
    Hi Dieseldude. I never had the time to call you up since I was one of the unfortunate victims of Ondoy. Our house and my service car, a toyota vios, got fully submerged. Fortunately enough, I, together with my wife and son, was not home when the flooding started and we were using the Innova. I'm glad that you were able to save your Innova at least.

    Anyway, regarding the above: How did you came up with the information about the suction control valve? We have worked on both the old and new style pumps.

    Do you know as to when Denso introduced the redesigned supply pump? Mine is an '07 model and would it have the original design or the redesigned one, if you will know? I don't know the exact details as to when the new pump was introduced. The new pump will have a different part number, and the suction control valve will be longer. The old SCV is about an inch long, and the new one is approx. double the length. The new SCV won't fit onto the old style pump.

    If a significant number of these car owners with the original design pump would know what they have, they could probably band together and gain the support of the government. I don't believe the local distributors would have the courage to compel Denso to replace the earlier design based on your suggestion. It will be tantamount to admitting that they were selling "lemon" vehicles in the first place. Just my take on the issue. You are probably right.... and I feel the same way too...

    I hope to be able to call you this afternoon. I don't want to disturb your lunch break. TIA. No problem...

  3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    69
    #433
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    my 2005 Toyota Innova J D4D fuel system warning light just turned ON suddenly; its an indicator that has a drawing of a fuel pump with dots on the bottom; it is an indicator just beside the fuel gauge; sorry dont know what that sign is called; am I just going to follow what is seen in Page 282 of the manual - Draining fuel filter water? what are the causes of that sign-fuel system warning light? The light blinks if water is detected inside the filter. The same light is continuously on if it is blocked/restricted.

    juz a follow up: what does D4D stand for? I don't know.

    tnx a lot... You're welcome....
    tnx for the response...

    The light blinks if water is detected inside the filter. - this sounds so scary; as far as i can remember, my Innova was not submerged in water of any act of God condition; like typhoon of Ondoy, Pepeng, etc.
    OR
    does it really happen that water may go inside the fuel filter?

    The same light is continuously on if it is blocked/restricted. - what blocks and/or restricts for the fuel filter warning light to turn ON?






  4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,182
    #434
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Hi Dieseldude. I never had the time to call you up since I was one of the unfortunate victims of Ondoy. Our house and my service car, a toyota vios, got fully submerged. Fortunately enough, I, together with my wife and son, was not home when the flooding started and we were using the Innova. I'm glad that you were able to save your Innova at least.

    Anyway, regarding the above: How did you came up with the information about the suction control valve? We have worked on both the old and new style pumps.

    Do you know as to when Denso introduced the redesigned supply pump? Mine is an '07 model and would it have the original design or the redesigned one, if you will know? I don't know the exact details as to when the new pump was introduced. The new pump will have a different part number, and the suction control valve will be longer. The old SCV is about an inch long, and the new one is approx. double the length. The new SCV won't fit onto the old style pump.

    If a significant number of these car owners with the original design pump would know what they have, they could probably band together and gain the support of the government. I don't believe the local distributors would have the courage to compel Denso to replace the earlier design based on your suggestion. It will be tantamount to admitting that they were selling "lemon" vehicles in the first place. Just my take on the issue. You are probably right.... and I feel the same way too...

    I hope to be able to call you this afternoon. I don't want to disturb your lunch break. TIA. No problem...
    Thanks Dieseldude, may need to call you to get more information.

  5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,182
    #435
    Quote Originally Posted by ---spotcash--- View Post
    tnx for the response...

    The light blinks if water is detected inside the filter. - this sounds so scary; as far as i can remember, my Innova was not submerged in water of any act of God condition; like typhoon of Ondoy, Pepeng, etc.
    OR
    does it really happen that water may go inside the fuel filter?

    The same light is continuously on if it is blocked/restricted. - what blocks and/or restricts for the fuel filter warning light to turn ON?



    Fuel tanks in gas stations may be compromised and thus contain water that could be transferred to your vehicle's tank. Another possibility is condensation within your system. Overtime moisture collects in the tank but this should not result to a significant accumulation of water. Most probably its from the gas stations. You should have drained your fuel filter by now to verify if there was an accumulation of water in it. You should be alarmed if it will be significant and therefore, will need to drain your fuel tank as well. When the indication light is on continuously, it should be proper for you to send your vehicle to a casa in order to have a thorough check-up as indicated in the owners manual.

  6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    69
    #436
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    Fuel tanks in gas stations may be compromised and thus contain water that could be transferred to your vehicle's tank. Another possibility is condensation within your system. Overtime moisture collects in the tank but this should not result to a significant accumulation of water. Most probably its from the gas stations. You should have drained your fuel filter by now to verify if there was an accumulation of water in it. You should be alarmed if it will be significant and therefore, will need to drain your fuel tank as well. When the indication light is on continuously, it should be proper for you to send your vehicle to a casa in order to have a thorough check-up as indicated in the owners manual.
    tnx... will do...


  7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    153
    #437
    Sir Dieseldue,

    Just went to Toyota Balintawk North this morning to have my unit check, my complain as I mention in this thread before was black smoke. On my way going there I didn't see any black smoke as I look in my mirror and I was able to speed up to 130km. When I arrived I am having second thought if I will still have my unit check, but then I decided to do so to find out if theres really a problem in my unit. As I was explaining the problem in my innova I was expecting that the SA would first do some initial diagnose or scanning to my unit in order to find out the cause of the problem, but i was surprised when the SA just said that they will make the report and order the parts to be replace, they mention about exhaust system. Ganun na ba ngayon agad agad they will order the replacement parts wala ng test drive from them to see the problem?

  8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,335
    #438
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    Sir Dieseldue,

    Just went to Toyota Balintawk North this morning to have my unit check, my complain as I mention in this thread before was black smoke. On my way going there I didn't see any black smoke as I look in my mirror and I was able to speed up to 130km. When I arrived I am having second thought if I will still have my unit check, but then I decided to do so to find out if theres really a problem in my unit. As I was explaining the problem in my innova I was expecting that the SA would first do some initial diagnose or scanning to my unit in order to find out the cause of the problem, but i was surprised when the SA just said that they will make the report and order the parts to be replace, they mention about exhaust system. Ganun na ba ngayon agad agad they will order the replacement parts wala ng test drive from them to see the problem?
    Sana tinanong mo ang SA kung ganun talaga ang standard procedure nila. Or pwede ka din humingi ng 2nd or 3rd opinion sa ibang Toyota service dealers.

  9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14
    #439
    regarding po dun sa bosch and denso..ang alam ko kasi bosch ang nag pioneer ng CRDI system thats why mas maganda kesa sa denso.

  10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    153
    #440
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Sana tinanong mo ang SA kung ganun talaga ang standard procedure nila. Or pwede ka din humingi ng 2nd or 3rd opinion sa ibang Toyota service dealers.
    Yeah, I think I'm going to call them tomorrow to make it more clear to me if ganun tlga procedure. Just a guess for me, cguro kc once they hear the complain about black smoke and hard starting they are already aware what to do or to replace in the unit. tnx po

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)