New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 51 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 1628
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,007
    #501
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_doods View Post
    Our 8 month old innova d4d were one of the victims of typhoon Ondoy and after spending almost 4 months at the casa for "restoration", we finally get the car 2 weeks ago. Can you guys suggest/recommend a good auto repair shop that i can bring our innova because honestly i'm not going to bring our innova to the casa anymore. Puro sakit lang ng ulo ang inabot namin dealing with the casa with regards to their service, the warranty of the car were void anyway since it was a flooded vehicle. The car were running ok for some time but lately, the engine won't start, meron po tunog ng "click" lang pero ok naman po baterya kasi i've already checked. Ano po kaya cause nun? Sometimes, it start on the second attempt, sometimes one click lang sya, pero lately pahirapan na pag-start ng engine eh. Thanks po!!

    I will still bring it to the casa. For one, it will be very very expensive for you to bring it to another service center. The dealer should be able to rectify the mistake that they have done and you would not want to start again from ground zero. Just try to salvage whatever you can from the dealer.

    Magiging turuan yan eventually kapad dinala sa ibang gagawa for sure. It will be an endless debate as to who made a mistake.

    Goodluck to you sir.

  2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    207
    #502
    mga sir,

    ok na po ba yung d4d issues? nag order na kasi ako nang innova diesel. they said na palitan napo yung fuel filter system mga year 2006. is this true? sino po ba may innova diesel year 08 and above? any feedback?

  3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9
    #503
    Mga Sir,

    Im planning to buy a brandnew innova J diesel this coming feb. Pero sa dami kung nabasang negative feedback about toyota's D4D CRDi parang nagdadalawang isip na tuloy ako.
    Sa mga naka D4D CRDi-turbo di po ba mahirap emaintain itong makinang ito? Although 8years na kung nagamit ng diesel engine (4D56 intercooler-turbo Pajero) with my current ride wla pa kung naeencounter na sobrang laking problema. Parang mas ok pa tuloy bumili ng Mits.Adventure kahit old school parin ang makina, mahina hatak dahil none-turbo at mauusok, pero in the long run masmadaling emaintain at mura ang parts.

    Pls give me advice bago sana ako bumili ng innova D4D...
    Thanks in advance..

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,139
    #504
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_doods View Post
    Our 8 month old innova d4d were one of the victims of typhoon Ondoy and after spending almost 4 months at the casa for "restoration", we finally get the car 2 weeks ago. Can you guys suggest/recommend a good auto repair shop that i can bring our innova because honestly i'm not going to bring our innova to the casa anymore. Puro sakit lang ng ulo ang inabot namin dealing with the casa with regards to their service, the warranty of the car were void anyway since it was a flooded vehicle. The car were running ok for some time but lately, the engine won't start, meron po tunog ng "click" lang pero ok naman po baterya kasi i've already checked. Ano po kaya cause nun? Sometimes, it start on the second attempt, sometimes one click lang sya, pero lately pahirapan na pag-start ng engine eh. Thanks po!!
    when your vehicle gets submerged in a flood, all bets are off. why? because of rust. you may be able to clean and repair the rusted parts now, but after a few days, weeks or months, new and repeat rust spots begin forming onto the electrical contact surfaces. switches malfunction. repeatedly. even after cleaning. the only way to avoid this is to replace all electrical contacts and switches altogether, including relays and solenoids. but that's still not a guarantee that rust will not form. because somewhere deep in your vehicle's body, are wet areas that take a long time to dry up. this also explains why simpler vehicles with less electrical appliances, seem to revive better than more complicated ones. so you say, "but the casas should know how to do it!". hey, when was the last ondoy here? few of us know how to revive submerged vehicles well, because we have had very little practice. if i may be so bold, i'd get rid of my flooded car and get another non-submerged car.

  5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,335
    #505
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_doods View Post
    Our 8 month old innova d4d were one of the victims of typhoon Ondoy and after spending almost 4 months at the casa for "restoration", we finally get the car 2 weeks ago. Can you guys suggest/recommend a good auto repair shop that i can bring our innova because honestly i'm not going to bring our innova to the casa anymore. Puro sakit lang ng ulo ang inabot namin dealing with the casa with regards to their service, the warranty of the car were void anyway since it was a flooded vehicle. The car were running ok for some time but lately, the engine won't start, meron po tunog ng "click" lang pero ok naman po baterya kasi i've already checked. Ano po kaya cause nun? Sometimes, it start on the second attempt, sometimes one click lang sya, pero lately pahirapan na pag-start ng engine eh. Thanks po!!
    Baka loose battery cable or frozen starter motor. Kinakalawang ang starter pag nalubog sa tubig.

  6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,677
    #506
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_doods View Post
    Our 8 month old innova d4d were one of the victims of typhoon Ondoy and after spending almost 4 months at the casa for "restoration", we finally get the car 2 weeks ago. Can you guys suggest/recommend a good auto repair shop that i can bring our innova because honestly i'm not going to bring our innova to the casa anymore. Puro sakit lang ng ulo ang inabot namin dealing with the casa with regards to their service, the warranty of the car were void anyway since it was a flooded vehicle. The car were running ok for some time but lately, the engine won't start, meron po tunog ng "click" lang pero ok naman po baterya kasi i've already checked. Ano po kaya cause nun? Sometimes, it start on the second attempt, sometimes one click lang sya, pero lately pahirapan na pag-start ng engine eh. Thanks po!!
    palitan na po ang starter mechanism. malakas pa ang battery mo that is why kaya pa niyang i-start kahit marami nang kalawang "obviously" ang starter mo.

  7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,007
    #507
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
    mga sir,

    ok na po ba yung d4d issues? nag order na kasi ako nang innova diesel. they said na palitan napo yung fuel filter system mga year 2006. is this true? sino po ba may innova diesel year 08 and above? any feedback?
    Please research on the thread that I have started. I had a 2008 Innova D4D G AT model and it stalled on me three times. Tatlong beses pinalitan yung fuel pump before it was resolved. Marami akong nakasabay sa casa na mga Fortuner and Innova, mostly 2008 model and same problem. My confidence level went very low, hence the decision to sell it. Now, I have a gas version of another SUV by Toyota. Diesel, no thanks as far as I am concerned. I have had enough. There was a silent service bulletin issued by Toyota but not a recall. It will come out very very expensive.
    Last edited by fireblade; January 27th, 2010 at 10:32 AM.

  8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    207
    #508
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Please research on the thread that I have started. I had a 2008 Innova D4D G AT model and it stalled on me three times. Tatlong beses pinalitan yung fuel pump before it was resolved. Marami akong nakasabay sa casa na mga Fortuner and Innova, mostly 2008 model and same problem. My confidence level went very low, hence the decision to sell it. Now, I have a gas version of another SUV by Toyota. Diesel, no thanks as far as I am concerned. I have had enough. There was a silent service bulletin issued by Toyota but not a recall. It will come out very very expensive.
    may i know what month of 2008 you purchased?

  9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3
    #509
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_doods View Post
    Our 8 month old innova d4d were one of the victims of typhoon Ondoy and after spending almost 4 months at the casa for "restoration", we finally get the car 2 weeks ago. Can you guys suggest/recommend a good auto repair shop that i can bring our innova because honestly i'm not going to bring our innova to the casa anymore. Puro sakit lang ng ulo ang inabot namin dealing with the casa with regards to their service, the warranty of the car were void anyway since it was a flooded vehicle. The car were running ok for some time but lately, the engine won't start, meron po tunog ng "click" lang pero ok naman po baterya kasi i've already checked. Ano po kaya cause nun? Sometimes, it start on the second attempt, sometimes one click lang sya, pero lately pahirapan na pag-start ng engine eh. Thanks po!!
    Sir, try nyo po palinis contacts ng solenoid switch sa Starter Motor. Experienced that on my van and it cost me 100 pesos. hth

  10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,007
    #510
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
    may i know what month of 2008 you purchased?
    Mid year i think. But I brought it back to them several times til 3rd or 4th quarter and there were other units sold after mine that had the same problems.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)