New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 96 of 163 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    My experience with our innova.

Last month, nung nagdrive ako from NAIA to makati, ok pa naman. Then yung pa northbound na ng Roxas boulevard, as expected traffic kasi it was a sunday. Stop and go yung movement namin. Then bigla nalang namatay yung engine niya, not once but twice. Sabi ko nga sa driver namin the next day, parang bigla nalang nawalan ng supply ng fuel yung engine. Sabi niya buti nalang daw ako, sa kalsada lang namatayan ng engine, eh yung case niya, hanging pa tapos bigla nalang namatay yung engine. Buti nalang daw walang car sa likod. And parang nag-chchoke na yung makina niya simula nung pumunta kami sa tagaytay last october. And lumakas pa yung FC niya. And one time before nangyari yung engine shut-down case, pag cold start ko, bigla ang baba nung idle niya, parang mamamatay na pero nung pinalitan na ng fuel filter, sabi ng driver namin, hindi na daw ulit nangyari yun.

Ano kaya yung problem nung innova? Sabi kasi, papalitan lang yung SCV or SVC, ok na daw. Yun lang ba talaga yung problem or may mga gagawin pa ba? And mga magkano kaya yung gagawing repair para doon?
    Prior doon sa pagpalit ng fuel filter, was it the first instance na nagchoke? Yung second instance, how many km travelled since fuel filter replacement? Ang recommendation kasi is every 5000km ang palit ng fuel filter element, otherwise pagnagclog ay talagang kapos ang fuel delivery. Marumi ang diesel fuel natin.

SCV-Suction Control Valve.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Yes, i think nasa 1000kms palang nung pinalitan yung fuel filter nung nangyari yung 2nd instance.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Yes, i think nasa 1000kms palang nung pinalitan yung fuel filter nung nangyari yung 2nd instance.

ay wow! bat ambilis naman ata... 1k odo palang...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    after naman napalitan yung fuel filter. so to think, maybe nasa 58-59k kms yung odo.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    after naman napalitan yung fuel filter. so to think, maybe nasa 58-59k kms yung odo.
    Si Sir Dieseldude ng Central Diesel might be able to help you to diagnose the problem. Check out their shop address sa website nila, igoogle mo lang.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *timo07
    Ok, i'll find time para makapunta. thanks!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    mga sir, ask ko lang...san ba nakalagay yung EGR ng 2KD? TIA

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    hi guys, just registered, great thread btw, very informative.

I drive a 2006 Innova (D4D engine) and i'm currently experiencing many of the symptoms mentioned in this thread, mainly:

1. engine choking/kumakadyot/pumapalya (on low gears - 1 to 3), and then sometimes stalls after.
    2. when starting, I have to rev the engine (otherwise it just dies)

The choking/stalling started some months ago so I had the fuel filter replaced...it worked fine for the next 3 months or so. Problem started acting up again the past few weeks.

Brought it to Toyota, was quoted around 15k for the SCV kit, filter changes, and pull-down/cleaning/straining of the fuel tank. This is my first time to have this sort of work done, so I'd like to know, is that fair (seems a little steep to me)? Or could I find a better deal elsewhere? No longer covered by warranty so I guess just buying the SCV, etc and then having it done elsewhere is a better idea. From the little back-reading I did, methinks all I really need is have the SCV replaced.

Also, can one buy the valve outside Toyota? Where? How much?

If anyone's had similar problems as above, how'd you get it resolved? How much did it cost?

Sorry for the many questions, I'd just really like to get this issue sorted. Grateful for any help.

Thanks in advance

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ang DAYA ng Toyota.. dapat nag recall sila nyan D4D nila at pinalitan yung SCV even out of warranty na... Galing nila kasi nakabenta na ng palpak na product.. kikita pa sila ngayon sa replacement ng SCV.. galing noh.. hilig nyo kasi sa toyota..

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rjd2 View Post
    hi guys, just registered, great thread btw, very informative.

I drive a 2006 Innova (D4D engine) and i'm currently experiencing many of the symptoms mentioned in this thread, mainly:

1. engine choking/kumakadyot/pumapalya (on low gears - 1 to 3), and then sometimes stalls after.
    2. when starting, I have to rev the engine (otherwise it just dies)

The choking/stalling started some months ago so I had the fuel filter replaced...it worked fine for the next 3 months or so. Problem started acting up again the past few weeks.

Brought it to Toyota, was quoted around 15k for the SCV kit, filter changes, and pull-down/cleaning/straining of the fuel tank. This is my first time to have this sort of work done, so I'd like to know, is that fair (seems a little steep to me)? Or could I find a better deal elsewhere? No longer covered by warranty so I guess just buying the SCV, etc and then having it done elsewhere is a better idea. From the little back-reading I did, methinks all I really need is have the SCV replaced.

Also, can one buy the valve outside Toyota? Where? How much?

If anyone's had similar problems as above, how'd you get it resolved? How much did it cost?

Sorry for the many questions, I'd just really like to get this issue sorted. Grateful for any help.

Thanks in advance

Bro, I am having the same problem, I'm experiencing it for over a year, on an off. I already called the attention of Toyota during one of my PMS, the Service attendant acted as if he is completely unaware of these problems, he asid he will have to do an engine diagnosis and perhaps change the fuel filter. We did just that, bdw my unit is still under warranty up to Feb 14, 2011. The diagnosis did now show anything, so Toyota concluded that there was nothing wrong with my unit. They said it could be the fuel but now we know its bull ****. Kung wala sa warranty, they are so sure in diagnosing that its a fuel pump or fuel pump component problem, tapos palit. Pag nasa warranty, walang problema, fuel lang. Nakakapikon.

I will be having my PMS for January and again I will be complaining about this problem. This time I will insist that they change the SCV kit.

Bad trip talaga, to think 35kms lang tinakbo ng Toyota ko for 2 years and 11 mos. lahat pa ng PMS sinusunod ko. petron macapagal lang ako nagpapakarga. Bwisit talaga. Tsambahan ang pagbili, malas mo na lang pag lemon ang natapat sayo.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)