New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 232 of 473 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 4721
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    14,434
    #2311
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Pang tito and tita kasi ung brand na seiko bro... :D

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Sabi ko na nga ba tito na talaga ko. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

    Another thing is mas hindi sila particular sa quartz vs automatic. Aesthetics is the number one consideration, not durability or specs.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    28,093
    #2312
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Sabi ko na nga ba tito na talaga ko. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

    Another thing is mas hindi sila particular sa quartz vs automatic. Aesthetics is the number one consideration, not durability or specs.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    hi, tito.
    in english, "hi, gramps".
    heh heh.

    perhaps these folks now see watches as "costume jewelry", if you may. their time-telling ability is inconsequential. and they certainly have no idea nor appreciation, for the technology and ingenuity involved in their manufacture.

    harrummph!

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    996
    #2313
    Tried this one on. Seems too big for me.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    7,556
    #2314
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    Tried this one on. Seems too big for me.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    drool

    I have always dreamed of owning one and of course, the Cosmonaute.

  5. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    970
    #2315
    Yung technomarie marami yata umayaw mula nun si willie revillame ang model haha.

    Sent from my vivo 1606 using Tapatalk

  6. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    996
    #2316
    Quote Originally Posted by mokong22 View Post
    Yung technomarie marami yata umayaw mula nun si willie revillame ang model haha.

    Sent from my vivo 1606 using Tapatalk
    The personality of an unwitting celebrity endorser or wearer can really affect market perception of the brand.

  7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    7,556
    #2317
    Besides, Technomarine is a fashion brand of sorts. I'd rather spend money on any of the Swatch group products (Tissot, Certina, Mido, Hamilton, Rado, Longines, etc) or the reliable Japanese brands (Seiko, Orient, Citizen).

    Even TW Steel tries so hard to be a Swiss brand but they can never fool the watch lovers with their big faces powered by Citizen movement (Miyota).

  8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    28,093
    #2318
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Besides, Technomarine is a fashion brand of sorts. I'd rather spend money on any of the Swatch group products (Tissot, Certina, Mido, Hamilton, Rado, Longines, etc) or the reliable Japanese brands (Seiko, Orient, Citizen).

    Even TW Steel tries so hard to be a Swiss brand but they can never fool the watch lovers with their big faces powered by Citizen movement (Miyota).
    TW steel uses citizen movement?!!

  9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    7,556
    #2319
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    TW steel uses citizen movement?!!
    Yes, doc. TW Steel uses Miyota movement for both their quartz and automatic models. Citizen markets their Miyota movements for other manufacturers to use on their watches.

    Philip Stein is another popular watch manufacturer which uses Miyota quartz movement.

    Invicta uses Seiko movement on their automatic model line-up.

  10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,941
    #2320
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Besides, Technomarine is a fashion brand of sorts. I'd rather spend money on any of the Swatch group products (Tissot, Certina, Mido, Hamilton, Rado, Longines, etc) or the reliable Japanese brands (Seiko, Orient, Citizen).

    Even TW Steel tries so hard to be a Swiss brand but they can never fool the watch lovers with their big faces powered by Citizen movement (Miyota).
    Hear hear. Any of those brands will last a lot longer even if worn daily. I'd rather have a watch company's product vs something rebadged made by who knows who.

    But as long as the buyer knows those brands' limitations when it comes to durability, parts availability and serviceability I guess they're ok.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]