New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 343 of 496 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353393443 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 4959
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    390
    #3421
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I personally don't think that's nakakainit ng ulo. You know within yourself that you have a legit luxury watch and it's never gonna be the same as a cheap counterfeit (no matter how accurate the copy is).

    Part of the allure of a luxury watch is that you have on your wrist a watch with horological and financial significance - both of which are lacking from a knockoff.



    Again, the Rota Grid vs Volk TE37 is like the Seiko 5 vs Submariner. While the Grid pays homage to the Sub and its design is heavily inspired by the Rolex, it's a totally separate product in itself.

    Magkaiba ang Rota Grid sa TE37 copy. The TE37 copy is an outright fake/replica.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Agreed, i dont mind if the guy next to me is wearing a luxury watch that is infinitely more expensive than mine but is actually a knock off. These days its increasingly difficult to spot high end knock offs due to the increasing quality of copy, save maybe opening the watch and looking at the movement.

    The reason that i dont mind is watches for me is a profoundly personal decision and experience. It marks events and milestones in my life that only i appreciate the most. My choice makes me happy everyday seeing it on my wrist as its both beautiful and memorable. Nevermind that its a cheap watch, the value for me is personal. A rolex may be more expensive and iconic for example but you find it gad awful and no memories attach to it so sans pang show off lang it holds no personal value.

    Sent from my ASUS_Z017D using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    6,445
    #3422
    napansin ko mahilig sa relo

    - mga lumaki sa probinsya.

    - nasa corporate world.

  3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    29,879
    #3423
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    napansin ko mahilig sa relo

    - mga lumaki sa probinsya.

    - nasa corporate world.
    lumaki ako sa maynila.
    wala ako sa corporate world.
    mahilig ako sa relo.
    heh heh.

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,572
    #3424
    Lumaki ako sa laguna
    Corporate work

    Hindi mahilig sa relo. More on ayaw “malulong” sa relo What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    399
    #3425



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    29,879
    #3426
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you want an affordable and reliable automatic, you can't go wrong with Seiko or Orient or Citizen.
    the seiko 5's of the 70s and 80s are still on sale.
    but handling them, the watches seem "lighter" now than before... the kuwerdasan has moved from 4 o'clock to 3 o'clock. the push function to change the day isn't there anymore..
    does it still run as yesterdecades' ?

  7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,034
    #3427
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the seiko 5's of the 70s and 80s are still on sale.
    but handling them, the watches seem "lighter" now than before... the kuwerdasan has moved from 4 o'clock to 3 o'clock. the push function to change the day isn't there anymore..
    does it still run as yesterdecades' ?
    Modern Seikos and Orients run on a different movement. It is common now for Japanese automatics to have the hacking function (second hand stops when setting time) but Seiko still sells watches with their reliable 7S26 movement (non hacking) including the very popular SKX series.

    Most Seikos have their change date function on the crown already which may be positioned on the 3 o'clock or 4 o'clock depending on the model. Orients have also stopped producing models with the quick date set button.

  8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    6,445
    #3428
    dok and bench,

    yan yung napapansin ko lately sa mga mahilig magrelo ngayon. Its not like nung 1980s na ang watch dati eh more of digital ang uso, tapos 90s mga fashion watch. Pag pasok ng year2000 eh naging jewelry na relo, status symbol pataasan-ihi kahit hindi bagay.

    Remember pag pasok ng pager jan simula nabawasan nagsusuot ng watch. Tapos pumasok cellphone eh kumonti na talaga. Kasi "Over-Accessorizing" na.

    Ito example

    - May hawak hawak na smartphone

    - relo

    - porcelas pa

    - kwintas

    - singsing

    - gadget na nakasabit sa likod tenga.

    Oh di ba parang chrismas tree na katawan.

    And ang lagi ko napapansin pag nasa bahay ako friends/relatives eh usually pag uwi nila they first remove their watch. Parang pagod na pagod na suot.

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,987
    #3429
    Was seated between a guy wearing a rolex submariner and a guy wearing an AP RO chronograph. Ako naman naka seiko turtle.

    Did i feel inferior? No, despite their watches costing 40 and 300 times more than my seiko.

    What i'm trying to say is nasa nag susuot yan. It doesn't matter if you wear a seiko or a richard mille, nasa nagdadala yan kung masaya ba siya or hindi.

  10. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,987
    #3430
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    dok and bench,

    yan yung napapansin ko lately sa mga mahilig magrelo ngayon. Its not like nung 1980s na ang watch dati eh more of digital ang uso, tapos 90s mga fashion watch. Pag pasok ng year2000 eh naging jewelry na relo, status symbol pataasan-ihi kahit hindi bagay.

    Remember pag pasok ng pager jan simula nabawasan nagsusuot ng watch. Tapos pumasok cellphone eh kumonti na talaga. Kasi "Over-Accessorizing" na.

    Ito example

    - May hawak hawak na smartphone

    - relo

    - porcelas pa

    - kwintas

    - singsing

    - gadget na nakasabit sa likod tenga.

    Oh di ba parang chrismas tree na katawan.

    And ang lagi ko napapansin pag nasa bahay ako friends/relatives eh usually pag uwi nila they first remove their watch. Parang pagod na pagod na suot.
    I remove my watch as soon as i get home para iwas dings and scratches. hehe

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]