New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 64 123451151 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It seems we don't have a pc/console gaming thread. kung meron paki-merge na lang. simulan ko lang for the young and the young at heart

PS2's swan song....... GOD of WAR II

IGN : "9.7/10"
    Gamespot: "9.2/10"
    Gamespy: "5/5"
    Gamepro: "4.9/5"

plot

The plot involves Kratos meddling with humans too much especially the people of Sparta, his hometown. This angered Zeus, so when Kratos goes against the will of the gods to help out good ol' Sparta, Zeus takes the opportunity to rob Kratos of his godly powers by trapping them within the Blade of Olympus.

release date: today!

kailan kaya magkakaroon nito sa tabi-tabi?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The traditional flight/combat sim is an endangered species destined to be replaced by arcade-ish ones *sob*

Here's an ode to a bygone era with pics from Janes WW2 Fighters, MS Combat Flight Simulator 2, and Pacific Fighters:

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    The traditional flight/combat sim is an endangered species destined to be replaced by arcade-ish ones *sob*

Here's an ode to a bygone era with pics from Janes WW2 Fighters, MS Combat Flight Simulator 2, and Pacific Fighters:
    Nice to see a fellow 'simmer. And WW2 at that.

I'm still hopeful that the Maddox and co. delivers on their much awaited Battle of Britain.

I'm also looking forward to Silent Hunter 4.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    When is the Wii and PS3 Mod chip coming out?
    the Wii modchip is out now... ewan ko lang sa PS3, kinacrack pa ata nila ang bluray eh

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    Nice to see a fellow 'simmer. And WW2 at that.

I'm still hopeful that the Maddox and co. delivers on their much awaited Battle of Britain.

I'm also looking forward to Silent Hunter 4.
    WW2 is my favorite simulation setting, preferably the Pacific Theater. It's my favorite because there's such a marked contrast in aircraft capabilities and tactics used between the Japanese and the Allies.

In the European and Mediterranean Theaters, aircraft are more evenly matched which is ok. In the Eastern Front, it's qualitative (Axis) vs quantitative (Russians) which is almost as fascinating as the Pacific Theater.

I need a new set of rudder pedals since my old CH pedals finally died.....

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I forgot to add that I tend to play flight sims for a long time. WW2 Fighters date back from 1999. MS CFS2 dates back to 2000. I also have MS CFS3 (ETO). But, it isn't like CFS2 at all. I much prefer IL2/Forgotten Battles over CFS3. Between Pacific Fighters and MS CFS2..... I like the flight models of PF better. But, MS CFS2 seems to have captured the Pacific sea/ocean colors, clouds, and island terrain better which makes it more immersive to me.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    WW2 is my favorite simulation setting, preferably the Pacific Theater. It's my favorite because there's such a marked contrast in aircraft capabilities and tactics used between the Japanese and the Allies.

In the European and Mediterranean Theaters, aircraft are more evenly matched which is ok. In the Eastern Front, it's qualitative (Axis) vs quantitative (Russians) which is almost as fascinating as the Pacific Theater.

I need a new set of rudder pedals since my old CH pedals finally died.....
    I prefer the western European theater, especially the English Channel area. The sceneries are nice (good mix of water and land) and I love reliving the BF109E vs Spit MkII.

Of all the WW2 combat flight sims I have, I loved Microprose's EAW the most.
    Followed closely by Rowans BoB (after all the bug fixes). Though IL2 is clearly superior to both, somehow for me, IL2 didn't have the "soul" that EAW and BoB had. (Also.. I suck so bad at IL2. Hehehehe... I got fixated at the easy flight model of EAW and BoB)

I don't have rudder pedals though... I have to make do with a twist rudder joystick (Wingman Strike Force).

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    the Wii modchip is out now... ewan ko lang sa PS3, kinacrack pa ata nila ang bluray eh
    BluRay was already cracked a few weeks ago..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    I prefer the western European theater, especially the English Channel area. The sceneries are nice (good mix of water and land) and I love reliving the BF109E vs Spit MkII.

Of all the WW2 combat flight sims I have, I loved Microprose's EAW the most.
    Followed closely by Rowans BoB (after all the bug fixes). Though IL2 is clearly superior to both, somehow for me, IL2 didn't have the "soul" that EAW and BoB had. (Also.. I suck so bad at IL2. Hehehehe... I got fixated at the easy flight model of EAW and BoB)

I don't have rudder pedals though... I have to make do with a twist rudder joystick (Wingman Strike Force).
    I still have EAW here. Before EAW and 3d-acceleration, Microprose had 1942: Pacific Air War (1994). Although lo-res and no 3d-acceleration, it had textured-mapping which made it look pretty good. It had a decent flight model with a propensity to send the player into some nasty stalls. It also had a patch that made the AI some of the nastiest I've ever seen. Zeros were tenacious for getting on your six and if you're caught without energy to dive away like near sea level, you're a goner. I haven't seen any AI that good since except for human players.

That was probably the best flight sim I've ever played in any computer. Too bad Microprose isn't around anymore...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    BluRay was already cracked a few weeks ago..
    So there's a good chance that a mod chip will be mass produced soon right? Can't wait to get my hands on a modded ps3, that way I won't hafta buy the 60gb version and keep backing up games...

Page 1 of 64 123451151 ... LastLast
PC and Console Games Thread