New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 57 of 389 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    thanks to "itlog na pula" and the other dude who responded. its quite informative. mukhang maganda nga talaga sya...and so far no bad feedbacks about it, which boads well for its initial quality. Long term maybe another issue (though Hyundai & Kia has been on a roll the past few years. so baka nga ok na). the only other thing bugging me is i've read fm. some post by DOC_Diesel ba yun, na baka every 150Tkm need to change Injectors? (or baka earlier pa). any idea guys kung magkano naman kaya 'to? (i don't think its going to be cheap). probably if i get one....most likely mods are.

-change lights to HiD (or just add Fog lamps?)
    -add tiny tweeters to enhance the Highs...and prolly a detachable powered sub.

then i'm good to go, BTW anong tint ang kasama ?
    Sa akin its a 3M light tint ang kasama, maybe its better if you add foglamp na lang kasi malakas naman ang headlight sa carens

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by battaglin View Post
    Guys, just brought home our Black Carens CRDi EX A/T this afternoon.
    WoW! Can't wait to go on a road trip!
    Sir Itlog na Pula, tinanong ko din yang keyless entry na yan, wala daw alarm. apparently yung LX meron pero locally installed daw and not from kia. Yan daw talaga ang keyless remote na from kia. Ewan ko ba, clarify ko uli bukas.
    Hirap ako i-operate yung HU, di user friendly. e yung sa outlander ng tatay ko na set ko w/o d manual. JVC pala HU ko. same ba sa inyo? ala din pala cassette di tulad ng sabi sa specs.Ayaw din gumana ng on/off and cd eject switch sa HU, from the remote ok naman. Balik ko siya asap.
    Some minor gripes lang naman, very happy with my choice!
    Congrats on your new ride bro, di nga user friendly ang HU ng carens, it took me long hours to set it, mine pala is also JVC but with cassette kasi yung ride ko is CRDI LX A/T. As for the alarm, mine is locally installed nga, audiovox ang alarm ko.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    parakitoJDM, no need to change to HID IMHO. malakas talaga siya, especially sa bright...

so far nga naman no negative feedbacks. hopefully wala in the future... but you'll never know. pero like i said, it's not a monopoly of koreans. even the japs have their issues too... pero like you said din, the koreans seem to have the formula right this time...

malamang nga powered sub na. sa seps, siguro kahit targa seps lang ok na siguro... try ko muna hanap tweets at crossover...

battaglin, CONGRATS on your ride. exciting talaga maiuwi bagong oto diba?

alam ko nga keyless entry lang siya talaga. nagulat lang ako kasi nakita ko yung isang horn so i wondered if it doubles as an alarm nga. hindi rin sinasabing alarm siya sa manual. akala ko kasi baka kailangan i-program pa.

napansin ko nga sa lx version locally installed yung alarm, katulad ng mga hyundai tucson.

as for the tint, 3m lahat kinakabit nila. columbian na nagiinstall pagdating pa lang ng mga unit. i wished nga lang sana may choice ng darker tint. at sana pati windshield na rin sana. palalagyan ko na lang yung harapan kapag may budget na.

jvc din hu ko. tingin ko maganda siya pero mukhang cheapo lang speakers...

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    parang pioneer dati yng sa ex model. yng controls nya ay pabilog n sa likod yng aux port. baka jvc n sa lahat ng 2008 model.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    tnx itlog n pula sa site n bngay m un iba d ko pa sya nappnthan ksi mdyo pagod n pag uwi... mqavilla bout sa hinihingi m i think its better na sa office n tau magusap ksi masmadali makipag deal personaly... sa mga subsidize meron din naman sa kia signet... so jst visit us sir! ill gladly assist u! anyways update ko lan po nag increase po mga prices ng KIA ng 10t every unit...so kung carens crdi lx m/t before 875t ngyn 885t na sorry for the bad news pero kaya p naman i habol un old price bsta may stock kmi! so better rush na! tnx tnx!!!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I connected my ipod to the aux ng HU and linakasan ko ang volume ng konti and sabi ng wife ko and also i myself said na parang gumanda ang sound nya, try it for yourself baka mali lang pandinig namin hahahaha pero im sure parang gumanda pag malakas ang volume ng konti hahahaha

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    vinrem, iba siguro sound from ipod. pagiipunan ko pa ito at naubos sa pangdagdag sa carens!

mqavilla, pasyalan mo na lang si aldrin sa signet. para matanong mo na rin mga kailangan tanungin at makapag test drive.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    thanks to "itlog na pula" and the other dude who responded. its quite informative. mukhang maganda nga talaga sya...and so far no bad feedbacks about it, which boads well for its initial quality. Long term maybe another issue (though Hyundai & Kia has been on a roll the past few years. so baka nga ok na). the only other thing bugging me is i've read fm. some post by DOC_Diesel ba yun, na baka every 150Tkm need to change Injectors? (or baka earlier pa). any idea guys kung magkano naman kaya 'to? (i don't think its going to be cheap). probably if i get one....most likely mods are.

-change lights to HiD (or just add Fog lamps?)
    -add tiny tweeters to enhance the Highs...and prolly a detachable powered sub.

then i'm good to go, BTW anong tint ang kasama ?
    parakitoJDM, I think I read that post to, but I know its not related to the Carens, hehehehe! If I remember correctly, that post was for the Innova regarding their D4D problems.

To summarize that thread, the Common Rail injectors of the Toyotas (or the Innova's) clog up (or eventually breakdown) because of the quality of our diesel here. Apparently, the injectors of Hyundai and Kia are german (Bosch) and the Toyotas are japanese (Denso) so its a question of quality daw.

Please correct me if mali yung post ko.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hi bro ace8tan (aldrin), thanks for the invite. I'll try my best to go to Signet this weekend. The price increase is an unfortunate update though... I'm still working on the approval of my car plan so I really don't know how soon I can actually get the unit.

Bro pulang itlog, the CRV is really nice but it's definitely out of my budget so it's really not in consideration. Besides, I'm really falling in love with the Carens. And, with only the Innova in the same category as the Carens, I'm fairly certain that I'll end up choosing the Carens (barring any unforeseen circumstances).

As I mentioned in an earlier post though, one of my main concerns now is the possible problems that may arise if I have a roof rail installed on a LX. Bro ace8tan advised against it as it might be a source of rust in the future since Kia Philippines supposedly does not have the proper equipment to install this. Can anyone else provide some input on this? I really want a roof rail but I don't think I can afford the EX...

Thanks again for all the inputs!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    mqavila, medyo out of range din sa amin yung AT ng crv which i dearly wanted sana.

as for the additional roof rail, baka nga magka-problema. iba din kasi kung "factory installed". ang alam ko, yung iba nagpapalagay na lang ng foglamps at wala pa akong firsthand info kung meron nang nagpakabit dito ng roof rail locally...

i also thought of the avanza pero she's just a little too small for us. but if you're getting one (barring any unforeseen circumstances ), get the 1.5 liter version. underpower daw talaga yung 1.3.

punta ka dealership, para ma-test drive mo na!

dumadami na carens nakikita ko. i saw at least 3 yesterday...

2007 Kia Carens [ARCHIVE]