New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 55 of 389 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by battaglin View Post
    thanks, mqavila. here's how it went. Pabenta na talaga yung crosswind ko, I wanted 470k but they know somebody or connected to someone into buy and sell. The buyer wanted 430k. Kia manager then asks permit from kia phil kung kaya nila ishoulder yung 40k diff. nung na-approve, 470k ang naging part ng down ko(50%down).
    yesterday kami nagbayaran, though payment/check went straight to dealership and I was issued a receipt stating its partial payment for the carens.
    di ko lang na-klaro sa kanila paano kung ikaw ang may dala ng buyer. I guess pwede rin kc yung bumili nung car ko e di naman kilala nung manager, ni-refer daw sa kanila ng taga-BPI.
    May limit din daw amount na subsidize nila, depende sa unit na kukunin. like 10k lang ata sa picanto.
    Hopefully nalinawan ka, feel free to ask if things are not clear yet.
    PS I still got 10k discount pala sa list price ng carens.

Thanks for clarifying this, bro! In this case, my situation will be a bit tricky... I'm already actively selling my old car but my car plan hasnt been approved yet. So, it might actually happen that I'll be able to sell my car (and have it applied as downpayment for the Carens) without having my car plan approved yet! Hmmm.....

And with the woes on the added roof rail on a LX, I might be forced to consider the EX (which will leave my budget even more strained than before since I really cant afford the EX)...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    [quote=buboymunti;987155]
    Quote Originally Posted by mqavila View Post
    Bro buboymunti - is your car gas or CRDi?

mqvila, it is an LX AT CRDi.

Cool! Just like what I'm planning to get.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    [quote=kalawang;986347]thanks sir, saan sa new manila ang kia new manila?
    may phone ka ba nila? lll try to call them kung may available, if wala akong makita in a month or two siguro ill settle sa ibang brand nalang, takot lang ako baka tumulo pag nagbutas sa bubong.

quote]

hi kalawang! yung kia new manila along e.rodriguez near st. lukes. bale sa wheels inc sila.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    [quote=kalawang;986347]thanks sir, saan sa new manila ang kia new manila?
    may phone ka ba nila? lll try to call them kung may available, if wala akong makita in a month or two siguro ill settle sa ibang brand nalang, takot lang ako baka tumulo pag nagbutas sa bubong.

quote]

hi kalawang! yung kia new manila along e.rodriguez near st. lukes. bale sa wheels inc sila.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ace8tan View Post
    try nyo kia mandaluyong signet! bago mag boni station... may free test drive dun along edsa toh... isa sa biggest distributor kaya completo sa units... for more info sa lugar u can contact me 09209018819... i work ksi dun kaya dali lan un - aldwin tan
    hi aldwin. mabuti naman at naka-log in ka na dito. ako yung nagbigay sa iyo ng site na to. yung nagpa-service dyan last week na white ex crdi...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kiabatangas View Post
    It's good to hear that you're happy with our service. We used to sell Mazda, as well as other brands (Subaru, BMW, Daihatsu, Land Rover), before in 1997-1998, so we have expertise in after-sales and stock on fast moving parts for these models. BTW, we accept all Japanese and Korean Brands for service as well.

For people living in the South, we'd like to invite you to visit our showroom at the Sto. Tomas, Batangas (Along the Diversion Road going to San Pablo) to see the products and services we offer. Refer to the attachment.

You can ask for a quick quotation, schedule a test drive, and get more information about the promos stated in this thread at (043)778-4214 to 15.

Batangas-Laguna Autocenter, Inc. (BALAI) - Kia Batangas
    uy! great to see the other dealers getting in on the action online! i've heard good things about your dealership from another kia owner (picanto). more power and keep posting!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    hi all.
    mukhang interesado ako dto sa Carens na 'to. i just checked out the Kia.com.ph website but unfortunately seriously lacking ang info. nila about specs. i'm kind of leaning towards the LX 6MT as i have no trouble rowing my own gears. and i've read fm. somewhere its even more fuel efficient by about 5-7% more with the extra 2cogs to play with (4AT lang ata yung auto version)... so questions.

- ano differences with the LX & EX variants?
    - can i have some of those features installed (fm. EX -> LX).
    - how is the clutch for the LX 6MT? is it hydraulic or cable type?
    - Actual Fuel Consumption (pls. tell me how u drive and what route..).
    - what's the stereo on the LX (MP3 capable? any audio input jack? avlble?)
    * is it easy to install a powered sub?
    * what speakers in front (are they SEPs or not)?
    - any HiD kit available for the Projectors? what is the bulb spec/size?
    - where are the dealerships located?
    * who's nearest to Better Living?
    - any dealership to be avoided? (due to poor service!)
    - any recommended Kia dealership?

thanks in advance & regards.
    yes, the website is sorely lacking in info. since some of the dealers (signet and balai) are already online, maybe they can inform columbian about this. mas maganda pa nga puntahan site ng uk! www.kia.co.uk.

i think some of the questions have already been answered.

the lx doesn't have the following:
    - foglamps
    - roof rails
    - 16" mag wheels
    - back up sensors
    - color keyed side mirrors
    - chrome on the doors

not sure about the lighted vanity mirrors for both driver and front passenger. hindi ko napansin kasi yung sa lx. both have the same engines i think.

hindi heated mga side mirrors as per brochure. mukhang hindi nila na-edit ng husto ito. pero meron for other countries.

as for the features, you can get them like the foglamps and back up sensors. as for the roof rails, sabi sa akin nung isang salesman sa kia new manila, kaya daw nilang kabitan. don't know nga lang kung nagawa na nila.

i have the ex at crdi so i couldn't answer on the clutch. but i'm betting hydraulic siya.

as for fuel consumption, i'm getting 11.5-11.8 kms/liter which to me is quite good. i'm estimating 50/50 city/hi-way driving since nakuha ko siya. i consider myself an econo driver (i usually stay at 80kph on my other cars) pero in this case i'm usually at 100-110kph (2000rpm). ang hirap kasi hindi mo napapansin yung takbo until you've looked at the speedo. parang effortless kasi siya sa 100kph!

but i figure if i do stick with econo driving, i'll do 12km/liter or better definitely.

2 din yung stereo na nakakabit. meron atang aux jack for i-pod. mp3 capable naman siya. may front at sub-out yung hu ko (jvc). pero might be a little difficult to install a sub kasi if you put up the 3rd row seats, wala ka nang space for the box (kahit sq or spl set up). most likely dapat detachable siya para puede alisin kung pupunuin mo siya.

hindi seps although i'm not too happy with them. gusto ko nga palitan kahit crystal lang para medyo gumanda. parang kulang sa highs. one at a time muna.

i can't recall the specs of the headlights or kung meron na hid for them. pero they're quite powerful and bright at night. kahit stock...

i got mine at kia signet mandaluyong (along edsa after vpmc hospital, before boni - southbound). other branches kia-pasig, kia new manila, kia-cubao, kia-qc, etc...

no idea yet on who to avoid....

signet is good. i heard balai is good too...

have a great time shopping around!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by battaglin View Post
    mqavila, I availed of their trade-in promo. 40k ang sinubsidize ng Kia. depende ata sa unit na kukunin mo at kung financing, ang amount na pwede nila isubsidize. Wednesday morning ma-release yung Carens EX CRDi A/T black.
    uy! congratulations! it's always exciting to get a new car!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    Which dealer did you go to? Already logged-in 1009 kms & papa-service ko on friday.

TIA!

battaglin- congrats in advance!
    sa kia-signet mandaluyong ako nagpaservice. i like it there kasi makikita mo unit mo habang ginagawa nila. not sure about the others...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by markcasq View Post
    Hey guys, finally, I got my Carens LX M/T CRDI a couple of days ago. Sobrang okay. I broke it in driving from Makati to Bicol and back (total 840 kms), sobrang mani ang overtakes sa road - as in. Good thing I decided to get the manual LX variant. I actually test drove the A/T and I really don't like the response, ang bagal mag shift, and for sure sa overtakes, it will go beyond 4,000rpm (which is bad during break-in according to the manual). For my Carens M/T, FC is 11.5 km/L, same as my Honda City 1.3 CVT. I tried maxing it at skyway on the way back and I reached 190kph (I think I could have done 200 if my fiancee was not complaining, and in the first place if she was not there (since the load would have been a bit lighter, hehe)). I feel it accelerates faster than our Mazda 3 4AT. Bakit nga ba 4AT palagi? Kahit may Shiftronic, bitin pa din yung gear ratios e. Yung city naman 7AT, hindi din useful. Anyway, for now, mas okay ang 6MT ng Carens.

My deal was with free comprehensive insurance, 3 yrs LTO, etc., and 1k for body colored side mirrors and P950 for rain gutters. Total P876,950 * Kia Pasay. Roof rails will cost 40k+ with body color. I got the Light Almond Beige color, similar to my Honda City's Satellite silver (lupet ng color na to, nagiging invisible ang dirt, kaya kahit 2-3 weeks na walang car wash, ok pa din). As a bonus, that color comes in beige interior (again, similar to my City).

Thanks everyone! This thread has been very helpful in helping me decide to finally get the Carens. The only choices I had for a 7-seater was Toyota Previa (sobrang mahal), Mitsubishi Grandis (mahal din) and the Carens. I don't like AUVs so I didn't even consider one. Value for money, I finally settled for the Carens, and I think it was a very good choice.
    congratulations markcasq! value for money, i too think she's a great choice.

2007 Kia Carens [ARCHIVE]