New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 389 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    yes i've been saying this since last year pa. value for money talaga ang mga korean cars ngaun. while others are still buying the japs and spending more, kami mga naka-korean cars laki na ng natitipid and korean cars still function as point A to B without problems

our family has 3 korean crdi's na. sulit na sulit, sa fuel, sa maintenance at puwedeng-pwede sa road conditions natin.

cars today are like cellphones, hindi na pang status quo di tulad noon araw. nowadays, even a yuppie can get a car by installment like cellphones. dapat practical hehehe

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    yes i've been saying this since last year pa. value for money talaga ang mga korean cars ngaun. while others are still buying the japs and spending more, kami mga naka-korean cars laki na ng natitipid and korean cars still function as point A to B without problems

our family has 3 korean crdi's na. sulit na sulit, sa fuel, sa maintenance at puwedeng-pwede sa road conditions natin.

cars today are like cellphones, hindi na pang status quo di tulad noon araw. nowadays, even a yuppie can get a car by installment like cellphones. dapat practical hehehe
    sir oldblue, ano ano other korean cars niyo? i have a santa fe like you but i want to replace my sentra as an alternate car. like you i am sold to korean cars for value for money and practicality. i heard a lot of raves about hyundai crdi engines but i have no first hand experiance kasi gas santa fe nabili ko. this time i want a crdi. it might be worth waiting for a crdi carens

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 3sgTe View Post
    the starex.. 2000 - 2003 models.. prone sa overheat.. weak a/c..
    The steering squeals when making turns. acceleration of the santa fe v6 engine is is the same with the all new mitsubishi outlander.. id rather prefer the outlander coz of its fuel economy.

service parts is quite limited..
    not all starexes are prone to overheating. yhis all depends on proper maintenance. i never overheated in my 2001 starex, never brokedown nor changed major parts. i'm very much satisfied with my starex and the aircon is very good. my kids often turns off the back aircon during long travels dahil sobra daw lamig. had other vans before and nothing compares to the starex.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Satisfied din ako dun sa '03 Starex. Hindi ko na nga pinapaandar yung a/c sa likod minsan. Mas malamig pa sa dating Pajero ko yung aircon. Wala din overheat except nung masira yung aux fans (which are pretty easy to fix).

The Carens looks promising. Sana meron sa car show this weekend.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Nasa show ang Carens 2.0 liter LX and EX kasama nya yung Carnival 2.9 CRDI EX at Sportage CDRI 4WD...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post

Yun nga... who would've thought back in the 90's na hindi na leader ang Motorola now?

And who would've thought nung 2000 na magiging astig ulit ang Ericcson?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Nasa show ang Carens 2.0 liter LX and EX kasama nya yung Carnival 2.9 CRDI EX at Sportage CDRI 4WD...
    Saan po location ng show?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by minero View Post
    sir oldblue, ano ano other korean cars niyo? i have a santa fe like you but i want to replace my sentra as an alternate car. like you i am sold to korean cars for value for money and practicality. i heard a lot of raves about hyundai crdi engines but i have no first hand experiance kasi gas santa fe nabili ko. this time i want a crdi. it might be worth waiting for a crdi carens
    Getz, Starex and Santa Fe sir, my brother's, my dad's 2nd car and mine respectively. all CRDi engines.

we still have an 8-yr old 1st gen CRV in possession, although love namin coz never kami pinasakit ang ulo, it's getting more expensive to maintain kasi nagsisimula na ang wear and tear ng major parts. and gasoline medyo lakas sa gas.

if we will decide to replace it, baka Kia Sportage CRDi pag dumating dito. kakasuya na kasi kung Tucson, puro Hyundai na hehehe

if you want alternative sedans, you can try the accent or the matrix. we originally thought of getting the matrix instead of the starex, kaya lang MT eh. yun accent yata ok, medyo madami meron sa Manila neto.
    Last edited by oldblue; March 28th, 2007 at 04:07 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    is it really 777k for the 2.0L M/T with no safety features?

if true, that's a fantastic bargain! i'd get one over an Innova J in a heartbeat. almost same price and you don't have to deal with the indignities of "pawis" windows.

and it's not a body-on-frame vehicle. while body-on-frame is good in some ways (high ground clearance, better bulk-carrying capacity) it's also bad in the sense that you'll never get rid of those creaks and squeaks.

so when is this thing going to be sold here?

Page 7 of 389 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
2007 Kia Carens [ARCHIVE]