New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 54 of 389 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by markcasq View Post
    Hey guys, finally, I got my Carens LX M/T CRDI a couple of days ago. Sobrang okay. I broke it in driving from Makati to Bicol and back (total 840 kms), sobrang mani ang overtakes sa road - as in. Good thing I decided to get the manual LX variant. I actually test drove the A/T and I really don't like the response, ang bagal mag shift, and for sure sa overtakes, it will go beyond 4,000rpm (which is bad during break-in according to the manual). For my Carens M/T, FC is 11.5 km/L, same as my Honda City 1.3 CVT. I tried maxing it at skyway on the way back and I reached 190kph (I think I could have done 200 if my fiancee was not complaining, and in the first place if she was not there (since the load would have been a bit lighter, hehe)). I feel it accelerates faster than our Mazda 3 4AT. Bakit nga ba 4AT palagi? Kahit may Shiftronic, bitin pa din yung gear ratios e. Yung city naman 7AT, hindi din useful. Anyway, for now, mas okay ang 6MT ng Carens.

My deal was with free comprehensive insurance, 3 yrs LTO, etc., and 1k for body colored side mirrors and P950 for rain gutters. Total P876,950 * Kia Pasay. Roof rails will cost 40k+ with body color. I got the Light Almond Beige color, similar to my Honda City's Satellite silver (lupet ng color na to, nagiging invisible ang dirt, kaya kahit 2-3 weeks na walang car wash, ok pa din). As a bonus, that color comes in beige interior (again, similar to my City).

Thanks everyone! This thread has been very helpful in helping me decide to finally get the Carens. The only choices I had for a 7-seater was Toyota Previa (sobrang mahal), Mitsubishi Grandis (mahal din) and the Carens. I don't like AUVs so I didn't even consider one. Value for money, I finally settled for the Carens, and I think it was a very good choice.

Wow. You just made me doubt my preference for an A/T.... parang biglang gusto ko ng manual trans from your kwento. The reason why I preferred A/T is because of my daily commute from QC to Muntinlupa and back for work. Feeling ko mapapagod talaga ako kung manual... I guess I'll decide once I'm finally able to test drive the Carens.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mqavila View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot those... Ummm... correct me if I'm wrong but the brochure that Kia Libis gave me says that the side mirrors of both LX and EX are heated? The only difference is that the LX's sidemirrors are black while the EX's sidemirrors are color-keyed?
    yun nga din sabi sa akin nun ahente. pero dun sa mga very first brochures na nkuha ko e wala yung LX. sya nga pala meron din lights yung vanity mirrors ng EX, LX wala.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by crichton View Post
    yun nga din sabi sa akin nun ahente. pero dun sa mga very first brochures na nkuha ko e wala yung LX. sya nga pala meron din lights yung vanity mirrors ng EX, LX wala.

Ah ok, thanks! My main concern now is the comment by Aldwin of Kia Signet that if I add a roofrail to the LX variant, it will be prone to rusting since Kia here in the Philippines supposedly does not have the proper equipment to install the roof rail. Can anyone confirm or refute this? I really really want a roof rail but cannot afford the EX variant...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by battaglin View Post
    mqavila, I availed of their trade-in promo. 40k ang sinubsidize ng Kia. depende ata sa unit na kukunin mo at kung financing, ang amount na pwede nila isubsidize. Wednesday morning ma-release yung Carens EX CRDi A/T black.

Congrats bro battaglin! How does their trade-in promo work exactly? You just bring your car to them and they'll assign a value to it and you can immediately use that value to pay for part of the Carens (or whatever car you buy from them)? Or do you or they have to sell the car for you first before you can actually use its value to pay for part of the purchase price? And, if you're the one who has the buyer for it, does the buyer have to pay for your old car through Kia? Sorry kung madaming tanong. The agent that I talked to didn't go into too much detail about it.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Wow. You just made me doubt my preference for an A/T.... parang biglang gusto ko ng manual trans from your kwento. The reason why I preferred A/T is because of my daily commute from QC to Muntinlupa and back for work. Feeling ko mapapagod talaga ako kung manual... I guess I'll decide once I'm finally able to test drive the Carens.
    Bro, the thing is, when I bought my Honda City 4 years ago, I really chose A/T because I'm commuting from Muntinlupa to Makati everyday - and I was really really happy with it (I used to own two M/T cars before then and I'm glad I switched to A/T). Now, I moved to Makati recently and I now walk to the office everyday. I'll give my Honda City to my parents, and I'll conjugally acquire my fiancee's Mazda 3 A/T when we get married, so M/T is not an issue anymore, now that I have another A/T car.

I suggest if the Carens will be your main car to commute everyday, choose A/T, sobrang convenient talaga nyan if 90% of your driving will be in traffic. Though if you are a speed freak (which is what I am again becoming after I got the Carens M/T), then choose M/T. Tapos lagyan mo ng muffler na maingay, ang sarap humataw! hehehe

San ka sa Muntinlupa?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Guys, had my first top up last night (automatic lang) and computed fc at 9.6 km/li - mixed driving at 60% city and 40% highway. Hope to get higher fc next top up. Btw, ride is an LX AT.

Congrats to your new rides battaglin and markcasq! :bouncealt:

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by buboymunti View Post
    Guys, had my first top up last night (automatic lang) and computed fc at 9.6 km/li - mixed driving at 60% city and 40% highway. Hope to get higher fc next top up. Btw, ride is an LX AT.

Congrats to your new rides battaglin and markcasq! :bouncealt:

Bro buboymunti - is your car gas or CRDi?

Bro markcasq - i work in Barangay Tunasan, Muntinlupa - near City Hall and SM Supercenter, but I go home to Tandang Sora QC.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    [quote=mqavila;987148]Bro buboymunti - is your car gas or CRDi?

mqvila, it is an LX AT CRDi.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Congrats bro battaglin! How does their trade-in promo work exactly? You just bring your car to them and they'll assign a value to it and you can immediately use that value to pay for part of the Carens (or whatever car you buy from them)? Or do you or they have to sell the car for you first before you can actually use its value to pay for part of the purchase price? And, if you're the one who has the buyer for it, does the buyer have to pay for your old car through Kia? Sorry kung madaming tanong. The agent that I talked to didn't go into too much detail about it.
    thanks, mqavila. here's how it went. Pabenta na talaga yung crosswind ko, I wanted 470k but they know somebody or connected to someone into buy and sell. The buyer wanted 430k. Kia manager then asks permit from kia phil kung kaya nila ishoulder yung 40k diff. nung na-approve, 470k ang naging part ng down ko(50%down).
    yesterday kami nagbayaran, though payment/check went straight to dealership and I was issued a receipt stating its partial payment for the carens.
    di ko lang na-klaro sa kanila paano kung ikaw ang may dala ng buyer. I guess pwede rin kc yung bumili nung car ko e di naman kilala nung manager, ni-refer daw sa kanila ng taga-BPI.
    May limit din daw amount na subsidize nila, depende sa unit na kukunin. like 10k lang ata sa picanto.
    Hopefully nalinawan ka, feel free to ask if things are not clear yet.
    PS I still got 10k discount pala sa list price ng carens.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    [quote=buboymunti;987155]
    Bro buboymunti - is your car gas or CRDi?

mqvila, it is an LX AT CRDi.

sa akin nasa 10.53km/liter na, nung umpisa ganun din ako (around 9.5km/liter), LX/AT CRDi. your fuel consumption should improve as your ODO goes up, btw, around 3500km na sa ODO ko. Hopefully pag around 5000km aabot na ng 12km/liter

2007 Kia Carens [ARCHIVE]