New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 389 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by utakabo View Post
    i read somewhere that the mt crdi has 6 speed. is this true?
    Yup mayroon na nyan pero later this year ang labas kasabay ng Carnival SWB at LWB 2.9 CRDI...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Yup mayroon na nyan pero later this year ang labas kasabay ng Carnival SWB at LWB 2.9 CRDI...
    Sir so yung CRDI na Carens that is available na dito is not 6 speed?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Pic's nman ng interior ng Carens pls....

Thnx in advance.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Mga sirs ,

Meron na po ba kayong info kung ilan ang fuel consumption ng Carens LX MT Gas? We're considering this as an alternative instead of getting a Toyota Avanza and we want to know if matakaw sya sa gas or not.

Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    I was impressed as well after a test drive. And, to add... 3rd row folds to the floor flat, i think the headlights are projector type but non HID(not sure, SA ran out of flyers), very comfy ride! it had a backup sensor and it has roof rails yey!

Quote Originally Posted by bon View Post
    I did a test drive of an EX A/T Carens yesterday from WTC to MOA. I was very impressed by the roominess, the smoothness of the ride and the natural location of the shifter.

The dealer (Kia Binondo) told me that the Carens is already available for purchase.

Some points:
    1) The automatic is the gated type with manual shift mode, but is 4-speed only. Acceleration seems on power with the Gen 1 A/T CR-V. Engine of the Carens is 2.0 16 valve gasoline CVVT, with 145 ps * 60000 and 19.2 kg-m * 4,250.

2) The emergency brake is a brake pedal (like some vans such as the Venture).

3) Very roomy - third row has enough legroom for two adults. Second row of seats have rails to increase or decrease 3rd row legroom.

4) Good brakes - 4-wheel discs for all variants.

5) Dashboard plastic is hard and IMHO scratch-prone. Lots of cubbyholes for cups and stuff, in true MPV fashion.

6) Like the Innova, the spare is mounted under the vehicle

7) With all of the seats upright, the Carens has even less luggage space than a Picanto (Innova's space is more generous)

8) Like the Picanto, the Carens is a CBU unit from South Korea.

Pricing is Php818K for LX manual, Php868K for LX A/T, and Php995K for EX A/T.

Differences between the LX and EX models:
    1) EX has driver's side airbag, fog lamps (not sure if EX has ABS though)
    2) Keyless entry and alarm is standard on the EX
    3) Only the EX comes with roof rails
    4) The LX models have steel rims with cover, while the EX has alloy wheels. Both ride on 205/65 R15 tires

saw one na naka display sa Shang. I think maganda yung top of the line na crdi. 1M lang nga pero 140ps and 2 liter lang. I'm thinking around 10km/liter sa city eto or even better.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    what is the price of CDRI? I have visit a kia brach and the salesman tell me is around 1.05M...............for a diffrerent of 200k I think I should get a starex with roomy space and bigger engine(2.5CDRI).

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kia dasma, cavite went to our plant yesterday with their sorento, picanto, rio and carens. was able to test drive the carens and sorento. ang ganda ng suspension ng carens with the base model (m/t) at 818k. pangit rear seats ng sorento...lubog.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by NightWinger View Post
    what is the price of CDRI? I have visit a kia brach and the salesman tell me is around 1.05M...............for a diffrerent of 200k I think I should get a starex with roomy space and bigger engine(2.5CDRI).
    The Starex is too old and it will be replaced some time this year(mag new Carnival 2.9 LX SWB ka na pag 1.2M ang pera mo)..Ok naman ang Carens 2.0 CRDI at may LX CRDI(875K for the M/T and 925K for the A/T variant) naman kung ayaw mo yung EX A/T(1.050M)...At least its more civilized than an Innova diba...
    Last edited by eggman; May 16th, 2007 at 09:11 AM. Reason: innova

2007 Kia Carens [ARCHIVE]