New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Hi! Can anyone confirm the differences between EX and LX? Haven't had the time to visit a dealer and the last time I did, the salesman was no help at all.

Does it come with grey or black interior instead of beige?

How's the space and ride comfort compared to say, an Innova? I'm planning to get a spare car later this year and somehow, except for badge which affects resale alot in this market, I think the Carens is better overall than an Innova.

Thanks!
    differences:

EX has:

body colored side mirrors
    chrome door handles, front grill and side door mouldings...
    alloy wheels
    fog lamps
    roof rail
    driver side airbag

interior is mainly beige...black on top of the dashboard, and sidedoors near the windows...

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    hi i'm new in this thread.

i saw the carens today at kia pasay and i find it quite nice - very good competition to the innova.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last week nag d-drive ako sa c5 going to libis nde ko pa alam na may bagong labas kia nung nakita ko sa rear mirror ko mejo nagulat ako kasi bago sa paningin... tapos napansin ko bnew walang plate number tinitingnan ko emblem nde ko makita kaya mejo pinauna ko napansin ko yung protective rubber sa door (Makikita lagi yun sa mga bnew kia) mejo napaisip ako ano ito KIA?

Kaya pinauna ko nakita ko sa likod Carens at Kia manufacturer... hehehe kaya ayun from kalayaan to libis tinitingnan ko.. Ganda e.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    saw one kanina. ganda niya. mas gusto ko siya kaysa sa innova.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    although they might be under the same classification, i think unfair naman ikumpara yung carens sa innova. the carens was obviously 'designed' with a little art & function in mind. while the innova looks 2-dimensional, parang walang libog.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneT View Post
    differences:

EX has:

body colored side mirrors
    chrome door handles, front grill and side door mouldings...
    alloy wheels
    fog lamps
    roof rail
    driver side airbag

interior is mainly beige...black on top of the dashboard, and sidedoors near the windows...
    just to add, the ex also has:

clarion as a heaad unit (lx uses the jvc)
    and its ipod ready

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by stadaenko View Post
    although they might be under the same classification, i think unfair naman ikumpara yung carens sa innova. the carens was obviously 'designed' with a little art & function in mind. while the innova looks 2-dimensional, parang walang libog.
    but the marketing guys at kia clearly wants the carens to go on a head on collision with the innova. its the market they want to grab. unfortunately, the kia brand scores pretty low in filipino consumers, thats why i observed they needed to choose a model that clearly out classes the innova to compensate for lack of brand equity of korean made vehicles against japanese.

went to a show room this a.m., and all the sales reps there clearly were trained to promote carens as a better alternative to the innova. because if you wanted an suv, they will point you to the new sportage which has basically the same specs as the carens except its not a seven seater. it has even the same engine (although the sportage has a crdi model for the 4x4)

can't wait for the nissan livina to come next year. labu-labu na sila. definitely good news for us consumers.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneT View Post
    no a/c on the third row...2nd row a/c is behind the center console ng first row seats...
    di ba mainit para dun sa 3rd row passengers? especially ngayong summer?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    di ba mainit para dun sa 3rd row passengers? especially ngayong summer?
    nung nag test drive ako malakas naman yung air con. medyo mababa lang yung ground clearance.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hi all! This is my first post here and am quite happy to have come accross this thread. Was looking for one on the "Rondo" (di ko kasi alam na Carens pala ang name nya dito). Anyway, the first time I saw one, I was quite impressed by its looks. Didn't even know it was a Kia until I saw the emblem as it drove away (didn't quite make out the "Carens" label). Was even more impressed after doing some research that the Carens is a 7-seater! As I'm currently in the market for a family car, I would definitely give this one some serious consideration. I'm currently leaning towards the Innova G A/T diesel. I think I'll wait till the CRDi model Carens gets here before making a decision. Hopefully it will be competitively priced with the ubiquitous Innova. Sana man lang mag update ang Kia Phils. ng website nila. Attention Kia sales!!!

2007 Kia Carens [ARCHIVE]