New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 186 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    *dvldoc - so qd32 is better than zd30?? un lang.. change oil ko muna trak ulit...para magkaalaman na ng tuluan..

i think nissan loves to under rate their engines on paper...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    *dvldoc - so qd32 is better than zd30?? un lang.. change oil ko muna trak ulit...para magkaalaman na ng tuluan..

i think nissan loves to under rate their engines on paper...
    If your comparing the non turbo charged QD32 to the Non turob ZD30 and not the QD32ETI vs ZD30Etti then the QD32 and ZD30 are close in reliability and power, the turbo version of the ZD30 has many problem like overboosting and loves to kill turbos and crack heads and I have not seen a dyno on on yet that was over 105hp and they are supposed to be 170hp they should put down at least 130hp to the wheels.

The N/A QD32 is a rock solid engine it's the TD27's big brother without all the overheating taken care of should run damm near forever. 2T oil, oil catch can good filters will go a long way on these.

The other thing is parts QD32 shares like 80% of stuff with the TD27 so parts are easy to get, ZD30 good luck with that it's going to be expensive.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    I tried this on my 06 D4D innova, 200ml of 2T * 48 liters of Diesel from seaoil. So far so good, the engine runs smoother.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Currently on my second tankful. On a 2006 Mitsubishi Adventure with 4D56. 200ml of Castrol 2T Trimax added to a 55 liter tank.

First observation is that shutoff shudder is not as strong as before. Also, not as noisy as before. Also, I was having weird vibrations on my gas pedal when accelerating before. When I started adding 2T, this lessened to a point that I have to be looking for it to notice it. Maybe it's not connected, but I'm not complaining.

The icing on the cake? Normal FC of around 10KmL jumped to 11.4KmL.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyXIII View Post
    Currently on my second tankful. On a 2006 Mitsubishi Adventure with 4D56. 200ml of Castrol 2T Trimax added to a 55 liter tank.

First observation is that shutoff shudder is not as strong as before. Also, not as noisy as before. Also, I was having weird vibrations on my gas pedal when accelerating before. When I started adding 2T, this lessened to a point that I have to be looking for it to notice it. Maybe it's not connected, but I'm not complaining.

Wow, may icing to the cake pa. A/T tranny ata hirap mag-increase ng FC kaya hindi ko na tinatry i-compute. But gagawin ko na rin. Mukhang madami na naka-try at ok feedback ah.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyXIII View Post

The shut off shudder is what got me adding the 2T to my engine, It was pretty harsh when I got my Elgrand, Didn't really notice it much after a month of 2T oil.

Better fuel economy is not uncommon with adding the 2T.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post

Should I use this on Common Rail diesels, Yes but nothing made after 2006 (which is the 2007 model)
    mine is a 2008 model sir dvldoc but the 4m41 is already in existence way before 2006....Can I still use 2T for it?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The do not use for 2007 models does not really apply to the diesels sold there unless they are very high end cars. That warning is more for US Turbo diesel trucks and high end cars like BMW and Mercedes turbo diesels I posted on here regarding this on a early post. None of the JDM diesel fall into this category or even vehicles like the Fortuners with the D4D they are not the super high pressure Common rail and high end pizo-injectors that these would effect that were designed to run on low sulfur diesel.

The 4M41 has been around since 2000 and has not changed at all.
    http://www.mitsubishi-motors.kiev.ua...ee9409/11B.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    The do not use for 2007 models does not really apply to the diesels sold there unless they are very high end cars. That warning is more for US Turbo diesel trucks and high end cars like BMW and Mercedes turbo diesels I posted on here regarding this on a early post. None of the JDM diesel fall into this category or even vehicles like the Fortuners with the D4D they are not the super high pressure Common rail and high end pizo-injectors that these would effect that were designed to run on low sulfur diesel.

The 4M41 has been around since 2000 and has not changed at all.
    http://www.mitsubishi-motors.kiev.ua...ee9409/11B.pdf
    so its safe for toyota's D4d's, 1st crdi's of mitsubishi and older crdi's of the korean cars here? and its not safe for the newer VGT-equipped diesels (like new sta. fe, montero/strada vgt mercs and bmws)?

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Tried it yesterday on my way home from my beloved province.....

Ran 360 km for 8 hrs. started the trip at 12nn...Engine non-stop.

Filled up 100 ml to 21 liters (P1k) diesel: no effect yet (i presume)....

Filled up again the same amount of fuel and 2T halfway through the trip: i don't really know if it's just me or my oneness with my rig....i observed greater amounts of smoking on abrupt acceleration with a 500 kg load at the back.....or could be the general behavior of these 4d56s smokin too much.....but somehow i sensed via the pedal a decreased amount of engine rattle on the 2nd fill.....

Stuck to Shell's regular diesel and 2T during the trip.

Pulling power and top speed seems to be the same....

Diesel owners that add 2T oil to fuel