New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 186 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    is it better than adding biodiesel? i currently add 500ml to a full tank of diesel (65L for hiace) 2L engine.

so i just go to petron or shell and ask for 2T additive ?
    I used the bio-diesel additive before in my 4d56 Turbo Strada but sadly the shop here does ot sell it anymore I forgot the brand, it is nice indeed. It was made in Quezon Province pa nga.

But the alternatie pala was this 2T oil.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    is it better than adding biodiesel? i currently add 500ml to a full tank of diesel (65L for hiace) 2L engine.

so i just go to petron or shell and ask for 2T additive ?

Biodiesel works well. But from what I understand the biodiesel there really is not high of a percentage of bio anything. only 1% to 2% Coconut Methy Ester blend so is rated as B1 and B2 for biodiesel. So the rest is regular diesel.

I did not notice the big difference vs the 2T at all. I use Flying V biodiesel for the most part when I am there.

It definitely cannot compete with how much better the 2T makes the engine run.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Finally found an FC rated 2T oil; Castrol Activ. I bought the premium one for P250/ltr while the Activ one only is P233/ltr. Both are FC rated but since the difference in only P17, I choose the one with high thermal capacity. I did notice that the engine is much quiter and responsive. FC seems to be just about a bit better but not by much.

I'll definitely continue in doing this to see if there is any other benefit.
    I agree with you sir how it responsed, d2 sa amin 95 pesos lang per liter nag markdown ata, castrol activ premium FC rated 2t oil, origianl price is 269 p.. nabili ko sa sm city..
    I wanna ask if the 2t oil has expiration?or engine oil,gear oil, and atf has expiration?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Mobil says 5 year shelf life for oils.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/...helf_Life.aspx

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by asher25 View Post
    I agree with you sir how it responsed, d2 sa amin 95 pesos lang per liter nag markdown ata, castrol activ premium FC rated 2t oil, origianl price is 269 p.. nabili ko sa sm city..
    I wanna ask if the 2t oil has expiration?or engine oil,gear oil, and atf has expiration?
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    Mobil says 5 year shelf life for oils.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/...helf_Life.aspx
    As an addendum to what dvldoc said, once you open the package, the shelf life shortens to about 2-3 years AFAIK. But if properly sealed and stored, maybe the 5 year shelf life still holds.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    pwede ba ito sa bagong engine ng grand starex?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by je_maza View Post
    pwede ba ito sa bagong engine ng grand starex?
    Medyo high-powered kasi CRDi ng Hyundai, baka hindi advisable.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    As an addendum to what dvldoc said, once you open the package, the shelf life shortens to about 2-3 years AFAIK. But if properly sealed and stored, maybe the 5 year shelf life still holds.

thanks for the info...
    btw tanong lang po gumagmit ka ng 2t oil na castrol premim... but iba yung amoy ng castrol premiun mdyo matapang ang amoy kaysa sa activ only..... at compare mo sa shell na 2t oil medyo malapot yung sa shell at iba ang amoy?

baka expired na yung nabili ko?kasi ang mura....

any comments po.......

thanks

tried sa canter namin... skeptical driver ko...sabi ko pour mo 100ml muna sa tank then pa-diesel ka... 300, so mga 6L ata un...

pagbalik, gumanda daw ang tunog ng makina at ung hatak pumino ang tunog... next fuel stop ung remaining 100ml ihahalo.. ung mumuahang 2T lang tig-22 pesos lang...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by asher25 View Post
    thanks for the info...
    btw tanong lang po gumagmit ka ng 2t oil na castrol premim... but iba yung amoy ng castrol premiun mdyo matapang ang amoy kaysa sa activ only..... at compare mo sa shell na 2t oil medyo malapot yung sa shell at iba ang amoy?

baka expired na yung nabili ko?kasi ang mura....

any comments po.......

thanks
    May date of manufacture ata yan sa bottle sir, check ko yung sa akin. Or baka naman repacked yan? May seal naman ba yung nabili mo?

Mas malabnaw talaga sa Shell kasi FB lang rating noon. FC itong Castrol Activ 2T.

Page 6 of 186 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Diesel owners that add 2T oil to fuel