New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 246 of 1323 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256296346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 13229
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    it gives me about 8.5 km/ltr. (city driving- with 2 adults and 3 kids) and during ideal conditions (like a sunday drive), around 10km/ltr -- ok na ba yon?

Ganda ng Fuel consumption mo, May i ask what is the trafic condition?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kenshiro
    i also just went in for the first 1000km check up and the dealers insisted that i get the oil and oil filter changed (already?!) -- although it didn't say so in the manual -- anyway,i ended up not getting the oil changed, but what is right? i think the dealers are just trying to earn a fast buck -- what do you guys think?

I think it's but normal that on 1k PMS, oils are changed to new one since on brake-in some metals might be mix with oils, so it is required as a maintenance precaution that we should change oil on our 1K PMS...

It's true also that the casa will try to earn a fast buck on us, but nevetheless it is for our own good to maintain our ride properly to prolonged it's life at the same time lessen expenses in the future of it's maintenence...

just my 25 centavos.... ;)

WBR,

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    the agent told me that its coz the oil was used in the factory break-in of the engine daw

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    We all know they put break-in oil (thinner viscosity) after your car gets assembled in the factory but is 1,000 km. sufficient mileage to replace the break-in oil? Shouldn't the car travel a bit farther to capture all the tiny metal particles as your engine's internals fit itself.

When I got my Ford Everest, the only thing Ford does to all their sold cars for their 1T km. PMS are:
    1- top up all fluids and check for abnormal fluid consumption,
    2- after running 1,000 km. your suspension has "properly seated" already so they use a torque wrench and re-tighten all your suspension bolts to the correct torque setting.

I talked to the Ford Service Manager and asked why they didn't replace my oil at the 1,000 PMS - he said my engine hasn't run enough mileage to warrant replacement of the break-in oil. Sayang lang daw. Over the years, they get sample 1,000 km used oil and check this with a magnetic fluid sensor - not enough metal particles at 1,000 km. to warrant an oil change. First oil change is at 5,000 km.

At Toyota Pasong Tamo, they use Caltex Delo400 for the 1,000 km. oil change of my Innova D4D. When I told them not to change the oil, ivo-void daw nila warranty ko for not following the prescribed PMS. (So is this bullshit?)

Well, kanya-kanyang casa procedures lang yan, kany-kanyan racket.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    guys, i'm selling my innova G seatcover (gray coldoroy). used only for 2 weeks. anyone interested?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    hello everybody,

just got our innova j model (vvti engine - manual) last month.

it gives me about 8.5 km/ltr. (city driving- with 2 adults and 3 kids) and during ideal conditions (like a sunday drive), around 10km/ltr -- ok na ba yon?

i also just went in for the first 1000km check up and the dealers insisted that i get the oil and oil filter changed (already?!) -- although it didn't say so in the manual -- anyway,i ended up not getting the oil changed, but what is right? i think the dealers are just trying to earn a fast buck -- what do you guys think?

happy driving!

kenshiro
    We got identical fc after the 1k PMS. I have observed the difference when my unit (J/Gas/MT) was still under break-in period and after my 1K PMS in which oil change was carried out and refilled with fully synthetic oil ( i don't know if the initial oil was fully synthetic), engine rev became smoother. Well, it's a fast buck alright considering the manual says oil change must be done after 5k run. After getting an oil change at 1K PMS, as per my dealer's advice, oil change will be carried out again after 10K run.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Edited the following Innova/Club owners/members alphabetically:
    Current update: kenshiro

1 A_eyE - Beige Mica, G-Variant, Diesel, A/T
    2 aaron drin - Diesel, A/T (7.3 - 13Km/L)
    3 ABA - Light Green Mica, G-Variant, Diesel, M/T
    4 abmago - Quick Silver, J-Variant, Gas, M/T
    5 accs - Beige Mica, G-Variant, Diesel, A/T
    6 agreyes7110 - color, E-Variant, Diesel, M/T (9.5 - 15km/L)
    7 altec - Beige Mica, E-Variant, Diesel, M/T
    8 asterix - Blaze Red - J Variant, Diesel, M/T
    9 beeper0358 -Quick Silver, G-Variant, Diesel, M/T, 11.7km/L (Latest)
    10 bluebimmer - Beige Mica G D4D A/T
    11 bongliza - Light Green Mica, E-Variant, Diesel, M/T, 13.9km/l Hiway, 10.3km/l (Baguio Launion road)
    12 brubeck - Night Mist, G-Variant, Gas, A/T
    13 busy road - Light Green Mica, G-Variant, Diesel, M/T, 13.2Km/L (Latest)
    14 czar_ethan - Night Mist, G-Variant, ? , M/T
    15 darryl_f555 - White, J-Variant, Gas, M/T
    16 Dinxx - G-Variant,
    17 ergati - , E-Variant
    18 gabo - quick silver, E variant, Diesel, M/T(10.1km/l hway/city driving)
    19 gandalf - Quick Silver, G-Variant,
    20 geebunny - Quick Silver, J-Variant, Gas, M/T
    21 Geo - J-Variant
    22 hsc183 - Blaze Red, G-Variant, Diesel, A/T
    23 Innova_Boy - Blaze Red, G-Variant, Diesel, A/T ( 6 Km/L to 10.5 Km/L)
    24 inoba - Beige Mica, E-Variant, Diesel, M/T
    25 jaeger - Quick Silver, J-variant, Diesel, M/T
    26 jagxtrm - Biege, G-Variant, Diesel, M/T
    27 jimaroquai - Quick Silver, G Variant, Gas M/T (8.0-8.5 km/L C=80% H=20%)
    28 Joem - J, Gas, M/T, Blaze, 8 - 10km/L
    29 july23 - night mist, G variant, Gas, A/T (9.0 kpl current update)
    30 junto - Beige Mica, G-Variant, Gas, M/T
    31 kenshiro - color?, J-variant, Gas, M/T, 9.25kpl (average)
    32 kuyapete - Beige Mica, G-Variant, Diesel, A/T, 9.3km/L (latest), MID 9.0
    33 larshell - Gray Mica, G variant A/T (7.7kpl city driviving)
    34 leinahtan - blaze, J-variant, Gas M/T (9.3kpl hway/city combined)
    35 lexus - Quick Silver, G D4D M/T - city driving 9.3 km/l, hway 13.8 km/l
    36 Marcel15 - Night Mist, G-Variant, Diesel, A/T
    37 marga - white J-variant, Diesel M/T (8.5km/lt )
    38 marvin05- - Light Green Mica, G-Variant, Gas, M/T (8.1km/L city driving)
    39 meier - White, J-Variant, M/T (approx 10km/L)
    40 mickey177 - Gas, A/T
    41 nikko m -
    42 raider - Quick Silver, J-Variant, Gas, M/T
    43 rar - Black Extreme, J-variant, Gas, M/T
    44 rav7118 - Quick Silver. G-Variant, Gas, A/T
    45 rcl inno - D4D G M/T night mist
    46 rmlopez - Blaze Red, G-Variant, Gas, M/T
    47 smooth - Blaze Red, J-Variant, Diesel,
    48 strayWOLF - Quick Silver, J-Variant, Diesel, M/T, 9.2Km/L (city driving)
    49 takumi - Quick silver, E-variant

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    hello everybody,

just got our innova j model (vvti engine - manual) last month.

Congrats bro...well your fuel consumption sounds very promising!!! Am getting 8 km/l right now at 600 km. Sana makuha ko rin fuel consumption mo.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by leinahtan
    We got identical fc after the 1k PMS. I have observed the difference when my unit (J/Gas/MT) was still under break-in period and after my 1K PMS in which oil change was carried out and refilled with fully synthetic oil ( i don't know if the initial oil was fully synthetic), engine rev became smoother. Well, it's a fast buck alright considering the manual says oil change must be done after 5k run. After getting an oil change at 1K PMS, as per my dealer's advice, oil change will be carried out again after 10K run.
    Makapag oil change nga every month with fully synthetic at baka mabreak ko record ng Isuzu Alterra after 1 year.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    tanong ko lang uli. has anyone installed a roof rack and actually have used it? kamusta ang handling with a heavy top load? thanks.