New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 296 of 1323 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 13229
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    *larshell / lord, were these the parts that were replaced in your Innova, as posted by strayWOLF last July?

Quote Originally Posted by strayWOLF
    Hi guys, just came back from Toyota. Finally! After 8 days of waiting, naayos na rin nila yung Innova ko.

Here's the summary of what they replaced:
    1. PUMP
    2. 4 INJECTORS
    3. COMMON RAIL
    4. FUEL FILTER
    5. 4 NOZZLE HOLDER
    6. 3 PIPES
    7. FUEL PIPE
    8. NOZZLE PIPE (not sure about this though)
    9. GASKET
    10. SUPPLY PUMP
    11. O-RING
    12. PIPE INJECTION

They told me that the cause of my Innova not starting up is because of these defects. That's why they have to replace them. Sabi sa akin I'm customer number 2 who had this defect. haaaaayyyy
    . . . . and all these parts cost P113,320.15 (plus est. P6T labor) if past warranty period.

And in reality, only the pump was defective, but they had to replace the entire Denso CRDI fuel injection system.

*larshell / lord, did they explain to you in detail what exactly caused the stalling?

If my hunch is correct, the main supply pump failed to pressurize the fuel rail (commonrail) with 1,350 bars of pressure so the sensor attached to the fuel rail sent a signal to the ECU to shut-down the pump thereby cutting-off the fuel supply. With insufficient pressure, the preset combustion parameters will be off and the engine will stutter. Without fuel, the ECU then disable the ignition to prevent further damage to the engine - is this correct?

So, what am I driving at ? - when Denso made these pumps - they were made under strict Japanese manufacturing standards so the end product will all have identical operating performance and tolerances. The Japs have very strict quality control and set reject rate at less than 1%.

This only means that all the pumps supplied to all 2.5 D4Ds are under spec'd from the very start; and thus, they should be replaced by stronger pumps that can perform within the specs required by the CRDI system throughout the entire operating life of our engines.

So to answer this question :
    Quote Originally Posted by A_eyE
    R u guys sure na all innovas will be affected sooner or later by this flaw? Are all innovas here in the phil has the flaw?
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    . . . As per what warranty officer of Toyota QA said 6 Innova including mine and 2 Hi-lux they already replaced CRDi system. Marami pa daw nakapila
    The quick and easy answer is yes ! It's just a matter of time when our pumps begin to fail . . . and TMPC has anticipated this and they're ready for it.

Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    . . . . . . Good news to all Innova wd D4d engine madami na stock ng CRDi parts ang Toyota, according to my Agent thousands of CRDi parts ang dumating distributed sa mga sub supplier. Looks like they know the problem. . . . .
    Last edited by jaeger; December 6th, 2005 at 05:05 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    So to answer this question :

The quick and easy answer is yes ! It's just a matter of time when our pumps begin to fail . . . and TMPC has anticipated this and they're ready for it.

(*%*$*#^ Toyota!!!!

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    With all these TOYOTA screwing all of you left and right (Fortuner, then Innova now), I'm extremely surprised nobody wants to take legal action.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza
    (*%*$*#^ Toyota!!!!
    That's exactly how I feel - you got the words right off my mouth! Why wait until our D4Ds stall when they can implement a recall; or at least, on your next PMS replace the parts already. Do we have to suffer the negative anxiety and inconvenience.

I already called the Legislative Staff of Sen. Villar being the proponent of the Anti-Lemon Law (tel.no. 552-6601 to 80 loc. 6510). I briefed them about our anticipated problems with our Innova. They told me to first write a formal complaint supported by hard evidence, from which they will write a resolution, which will trigger a senate hearing . . . . problem is we have to attend the hearings (mate-televise pa tayo).

Then they will pursue our case jointly with the office of Sen. Mar Roxas who is head of committee on Trade & Industry.

*jim hassle pala talaga, and the process is quite lengthy. Is there another alternative? Aminado naman ang Toyota about this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by lord
    . . . . Toyota might not call it directly as "RECALL" but as the warranty officer of bel-air and QA has advised me, there is a memorandum already that was released by TOYOTA. Tell them that you are already aware of this that the main culprit is the supply pump . . . . . I was able to talk to the 2 warranty officer and confirmed such issue.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    I think that public is a bit aware of what is happening wd D4d im at sm north edsa a while ago and isaw 4 Bnew Innova, 3 G and 1 J all VVTi all unit no plate yet and also in Baguio i notice several VVti wd no plate also.

*jaeger,How can we produce hard evidence if the unit dont consistently have this problem like my kuya's Innova E, today i test drive his unit and it's ok not even a trace of the problem.

Same parts wd StrayWolf.
    Last edited by larshell; December 7th, 2005 at 11:38 AM.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    I already called the Legislative Staff of Sen. Villar being the proponent of the Anti-Lemon Law (tel.no. 552-6601 to 80 loc. 6510). I briefed them about our anticipated problems with our Innova. They told me to first write a formal complaint supported by hard evidence, from which they will write a resolution, which will trigger a senate hearing . . . . problem is we have to attend the hearings (mate-televise pa tayo).

Then they will pursue our case jointly with the office of Sen. Mar Roxas who is head of committee on Trade & Industry.

*jim hassle pala talaga, and the process is quite lengthy. Is there another alternative? Aminado naman ang Toyota about this problem.
    Baka abolished na ang Senado at Parliament na ang gubyerno bago nila maipasa yan. Yung Anti-Terrorism bill at yung 2006 Budget di pa rin nila na-a-aksyunan.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    as a suggestion, we could make an email to all columnist in the motoring section on all major dailies (business world, daily inq, phil star and manila bulletin to name a few) regarding this issue. their emails are at the end of their column (butch gamboa, aida sevilla mendoza, etc).

with the power of media, maybe toyota will take this issue seriously.

say niyo?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by themann
    as a suggestion, we could make an email to all columnist in the motoring section on all major dailies (business world, daily inq, phil star and manila bulletin to name a few) regarding this issue. their emails are at the end of their column (butch gamboa, aida sevilla mendoza, etc).

with the power of media, maybe toyota will take this issue seriously.

say niyo?
    2nd d' motion. But who will volunteer to prepare the draft? Puwede ba si Boss jaeger?

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    pasingit lang, im hearing eeeekkking sound when i step on my brakes and i heard that one owner of Hi-lux at 8k ODO reading pudpud na yong brakepad and not cover by our waranty. Anybody experiencing the same? My ODO reading 7,100km already.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza
    2nd d' motion. But who will volunteer to prepare the draft? Puwede ba si Boss jaeger?
    Honestly, I'm also faced with the same seemingly helpless frustration. I'm a finance man by profession and I do nothing of the sort needed to properly voice out a complaint publicly.

At first I thought I could exploit my political connections - but seems like I have to go through the entire political red tape . . .

The next alternative is media coz it works faster and no red tape. We can organize ourserlves as the "Innova D4D Owners of tsikot.com" and collectively we are the proud but problematic owners of a Toyota Innova D4D.

To me, the most powerful & incriminating document is the internal memo issued by TMPC to all it's dealers alarming them of the problem with the main fuel supply pump of the 2.5li. D4D, and their subsequent action of importing many replacement CRDI systems preparing themselves for the onslaught of complaints from Innova users with the "stalling" problem.

If we can just grab hold of this memo, then I think we have first base.

my 2-cents
    Last edited by jaeger; January 11th, 2006 at 11:23 AM.