New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Ano pong variant ang unit nyo? Gas or Diesel?

Ano pong unit nyo? Innova, Fortuner or Hilux?

Pag nagpalit kayo ng gas tank dapat palitan din yung Charcoal Cannister at Filler Cap kung hindi uulit ang problem within few months. Kung di napalitan yung Charcoal Canister at Filler Cap, silipin mo yung gas tank mong bago kung may deformation na, pag may deformation na bilang ka lang ng ilang buwan at magkakaroon na ulit ng leak yan dahil punit na yung pinaka-kanto.

Ganyan din yung first gas tank replacement ko sabi ng casa tinaman daw ng bato kaya sa insurance ko pinadaan ang replacement. And then nagpagawa na ko ng skid plates to protect the tank pero umulit ang problem without a scratch sa skid plate, deform ulit ang gas tank while intact ang skid plates. Eto yung ipinalaban ko sa warranty claim on the 2nd gas tank, walang reason na tinamaan ng bato kasi buo ang skid plates.[/QUOTE]

Toyoyal Innova - Gas po. na palitan naman po tapos nung sinubukan ko po bukasan yng filler cap may pressure po pero palabas naman does it mean na ok na po yun? kailan ulit kailangan ipacheck/maintain yng charcoal cannister and filler cap?
    Thanks

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Until now ba issue pa din ito sa mga new models? o na-address na ito ng toyota?

Thanks!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hello po mga kabayan,

Bago lang po ako dito, OFW at bibili po ng 2nd hand na gas innova sa bakasyon ko po.

Nirefer po ng kasamahan ko itong site na ito at kahit papano ay naging aware na rin po sa gasoline tank problem ng innova, salamat po sa tsikot.

Ang tanong ko po, bukod sa gas tank e wala na po bang ibang problema sa innova gas? Sa mga nagpalit na po ng Tank, Charcoal Canister at Filler Cap, bumalik po ba ung problema? If di na po bumalik, magkano po kaya lahat ang magagastos if not under warranty na ung unit?

Pasensya na po sa madaming tanong. Salamat po in advance.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    double post

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gas tank assembly cost P20K++
    Charcoal Canister and Filler cap would probably cost around less than P5K.

Other than the gas tank problem I would say the Gas variant 2.0 VVTi is a good engine. My car is now running 4 years on a 80Kms daily route with full load passengers and it never fails my expectation. I'm now on my 2nd set of clutch assemblies and 2nd set of brake pads.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    ngayon ko lang nabasa ang issue na ito about sa innova... i just bought a 2nd hand innova 2005 model gas a/t. Pina lift ko po ito bago ko binili. katakot naman po kung magkaproblema agad ako sa gas tank...

pwede po bang papalitan agad ang Charcoal Canister and Filler cap sa old gas tank?

can anyone post a picture about the old and new Charcoal Canister and Filler cap?

TIA

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    Gas tank assembly cost P20K++
    Charcoal Canister and Filler cap would probably cost around less than P5K.

Other than the gas tank problem I would say the Gas variant 2.0 VVTi is a good engine. My car is now running 4 years on a 80Kms daily route with full load passengers and it never fails my expectation. I'm now on my 2nd set of clutch assemblies and 2nd set of brake pads.
    *Mile2,

Thank you. Hopefully problem solved for the gas tank.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    OMG! I hope this problem gets resolved soon. Maybe they should design a new tank with additional support so the metal panels will not bend. My dad is planning to get the Innova E gas variant... Maybe he should think twice...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Thank you for this thread. Am hoping, that with the ties the moderators have with TMP officials, a recall can be achieved.

I own a 2nd hand '07 Innova V (gas) and experienced this gas leak problem earlier this year. As the cost of a new gas tank and the warranty expired, I opted to have it repaired outside by welding.

Without replacing the charcoal canister and filler cap, the problem recurred three times now. I notice this happens when I go on long trips and have to fill the tank and on instances when I go through steep inclines like basements and parking buildings.

How I wish I could bring it to Toyota and have it repaired without cost to me. Meanwhile, will try to replace the charcoal canister and filler cap as I have it welded.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    *Dudoy,

Replace the filler cap and charcoal canister so as not to have a repeat warped gas tank floor. They cost cheaper than having a gas tank repair every time.

My gas tank don't experience anymore the mysterious warping of the gas tank floor ever since the Charcoal canister at the engine bay and filler cap were replaced.

Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes