New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    From what I know, since 2009 the filler cap was already an improved version with larger breather holes. This is the only part that Toyota service crew has pointed out to me when they showed me a side-by-side comparison of the old and current filler caps.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    thank you for the quick respond sir miles. I usually fill my tank weekly or if the gauge is within the half of fuel indicator. I never had it below half. mostly it cost me 1,000 per filling.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    hmmm...i just filled up my innova vvti 2010 coz im planning to measure its fuel consumption after the 1k pms, hoping to see better fuel economy, but now im worried

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    *miles2

Same problem here. Mine was replaced recently. Do you know where we can sell this defective fuel tank?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tggerhapi View Post
    *miles2

Same problem here. Mine was replaced recently. Do you know where we can sell this defective fuel tank?
    Actually the gas tank can be repaired using hot rod and lead. I have seen at the dealers service bay that they also repair gas tank via outside contractor, the contractor pulls out the defective tank and then returned after the repair. I ask the contractor and he told me he is from Paranaque and they would do a water immersion technique and hot rod with lead, "suplete" at "tingga".

Have you also replaced the "Charcoal Canister" and the "Filler Cap"? If not there is a huge possibility that your new gas tank will get warped and leak again just like what happened to me during my 1st gas tank replacement.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    will you agree to "repair" the problematic gas tank? lalo na if under warranty pa? di ba dapat replacement at hindi repair lang...

i wonder if vacuum ang problem ... sa tingin ko kasi baka manipis yung material ng gas tank... dapat makapal na sheet schedule ng lata....

in the long run yung repaired gas tank sa ibang part naman mag warp yun... masisira din...

di kaya mine menos tayo ng TMC?

di pwede pukpok

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    Actually the gas tank can be repaired using hot rod and lead. I have seen at the dealers service bay that they also repair gas tank via outside contractor, the contractor pulls out the defective tank and then returned after the repair. I ask the contractor and he told me he is from Paranaque and they would do a water immersion technique and hot rod with lead, "suplete" at "tingga".

Have you also replaced the "Charcoal Canister" and the "Filler Cap"? If not there is a huge possibility that your new gas tank will get warped and leak again just like what happened to me during my 1st gas tank replacement.
    *Mile2
    Yup the "Charcoal Canister" was replaced and but still waiting for a new stock of "Filler Cap". Sad to say we have the same case, on my 1st fuel tank replacement, they didnt replace the charcoal canister and filler cap.
    I'm looking for a buyer of these fuel tank. i have 2 pcs

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    *tggerhapi

Try calling Gant Auto Shop (2742-D Taft Ave., Pasay, T:831-6932) for the Filler Cap. Dito rin minsan bumibili ang mga casa pag sinabi nila sa iyo na by order ang hinahanap mo, panigurado meron sa Gant at mas mura. Kahit malilit na mga plastic clips meron sila.

Kabibili ko lang ng clutch cover, disc at bearing na all Toyota Original sa Gant last Saturday at ang laki ng savings ko compared to casa price. Sa Casa by order ang clutch set at ang mahal pa.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010

*tggerhapi

Try calling Gant Auto Shop (2742-D Taft Ave., Pasay, T:831-6932) for the Filler Cap. Dito rin minsan bumibili ang mga casa pag sinabi nila sa iyo na by order ang hinahanap mo, panigurado meron sa Gant at mas mura. Kahit malilit na mga plastic clips meron sila.

Kabibili ko lang ng clutch cover, disc at bearing na all Toyota Original sa Gant last Saturday at ang laki ng savings ko compared to casa price. Sa Casa by order ang clutch set at ang mahal pa.
    *Mile2

Dito din ba sa thread yun nagpagawa ng fuel tank cage to protect the tank?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    *tggerhapi

Mile2, how much ang total cost ng clutch cover, disc at bearing for the innova? Had my transmission pulled down by casa ( warranty claim ) last month to fix a squeaking sound whenever I depress the clutch. pero sabi ng warranty section wala dawpinalitan na parts. although nawala naman yung sound, I'm not sure kung kelan ito babalik.

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes