New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    Here's some reading articles of Charcola canister. The Purpose of a Charcoal Canister | eHow.com

Not sure of D4d if it has charcoal canister.
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    pag diesel engine walang canister.. pero may one way valve yan to let air in.. sa gasoline engine kasi nag produce ng vapor ang gasoline kaya need yan to vent out.. but environment regulations don't allow venting of gasoline vapor hence for the use of canister to process the vapor back to the tank...
    Thanks Gents for the info on Charcoal Canister. Every now and then, I would remove my fuel filler cap and would not encounter any negative pressure. So I guess the problem is limited to gasoline variants.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    LPG conversion is NOT the solution for this problem.

To make thing simpler:

If you do not have this warping gas tank problem problem you will need not worry.

If you experienced this problem: You should replace three parts strictly to correct the problem:
    1. Gas Tank Assembly
    2. Charcoal Canister
    3. Fuel Filler Cap

And most importantly, don't fill your fuel up to the neck of your filler port most of the time.

Hope this clears things and I think newer models don't experience this anymore as there are no more complainants in this board.
    Oh well,- hope that ours doesn't manifest this.....

14.6K:dj:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Hmmm ma tsek ko nga rin sa kin, Dec ko lang binila VVTI ko Innova j. mas ok na yung aware sa mga ganitong problem para avoid hassle.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Good day! I'm the latest victim of the leaking gas tank. my ride is 2006 innova G vvti.. Same spot of damage/dent sa gas tank kagaya nung mga nagpost. And as i've read the whole thread i assume the culprit is the defective charcoal canister? I'm here to ask for your opinion lalo na dun sa mga may first hand experience. Do you suggest na palitan yung 3 major parts? (gas tank assembly, charcoal canister and filler cap). I called toyota and it will cost me around 26k for the 3 parts, wala pa yun labor. Is it a must na palitan yung 3? im thinking if ipa-repair ko yun tank and bili na lang ako ng bagong charcoal canister and filler cap. But my problem is where can i have my gas tank assembly removed, and where can i have it repaired. I'm torned and thinking palitan na yung 3 parts kaso ang bigat talaga lalo na biglaan ang gastos. Hoping i could get some reply, lalo na kila sir miles. Im trying to send you a PM kaso puno na ata inbox mo. thanks mga ka tsikot! more power.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hi sir Cast_no_shadow,

Yes, mabigat sa budget para palitan lahat pero kung may pera naman it is highly advisable. Gas tank assembly alone cost roughly more than 20K pesos. Ako noon sinubukan ko pa Epoxy steel pero 1 week lang tinatagal at nalulusaw din yung epoxy.

Gas Tank puede ba irepair? Yes I saw and talked to one subconctractor at TMBC who happens to pull out a leaky gas tank. What he told me that he is from Paranaque but I really don't get exactly his location since I'm not very familiar with his area. He told me that the tank will be repaired using hot rod + lead (suplete sa tagalog), they would submerge the tank in water during the Lead soldering. All the warped and dents will be flatten back and aside from Lead soldering they will solder a large metal sheet plating with exact fit on the affected corners (I think this is the same procedure on assembling copper molded car radiators).

I have talked to a friend welder and auto body rebuilder and he told me that the above procedure for the gas tank is okay.

You can scout for talyer or auto body rebuilding shops (with decent lifter or ramp) that can pull down your tank and repair it, In my opinion, if they would charge P2-3K for the procedure it is much better considering replacement cost of P20K

If you have succeeded in having your gas tank repaired, replace the Charcoal canister and Filler cap to be sure it will not reoccur.

Good Luck sir.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Thank you for the prompt reply sir mile2. Until now I'm confused and torned on what to do. Ang hirap nga humanap ng nagrerepair ng tank, yun talaga ang priority ko kaso hassle talaga. Sayang akala ko you tried na ipa-repair by the means nung suplete. Napapaisip nga ako safe ba na irepair yun tank? hindi kaya sumabog yun kahit alisin na yun gas sa loob?Kung meron lang sana shop na may lifter and at the same time dun na din irerepair yun tank ayos sana. Ang hirap kasi na sa magkaibang lugar aalisin yun gas tank assembly which means im oblige na dun ko iiwan yun sasakyan then ipapagawa ko naman sa ibang shop yun tank. As i observed my ride, nag uumpisa lang siya mag leak pag pinatay na yun engine pero as time passes by tumitigil din siya. Napansin ko din na after turning off the engine, pag binuksan ko yun filler cap may narerelease na hangin, parang sumisingaw siya. I'm thinking, since ginagamit ko pa din as everyday ride delikado ba yun? am i riding a walking timebomb?. Buti pa kayo naayos niyo na yung problema ng innova niyo.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Thank you for the prompt reply sir mile2. Until now I'm confused and torned on what to do. Ang hirap nga humanap ng nagrerepair ng tank, yun talaga ang priority ko kaso hassle talaga. Sayang akala ko you tried na ipa-repair by the means nung suplete. Napapaisip nga ako safe ba na irepair yun tank? hindi kaya sumabog yun kahit alisin na yun gas sa loob?Kung meron lang sana shop na may lifter and at the same time dun na din irerepair yun tank ayos sana. Ang hirap kasi na sa magkaibang lugar aalisin yun gas tank assembly which means im oblige na dun ko iiwan yun sasakyan then ipapagawa ko naman sa ibang shop yun tank. As i observed my ride, nag uumpisa lang siya mag leak pag pinatay na yun engine pero as time passes by tumitigil din siya. Napansin ko din na after turning off the engine, pag binuksan ko yun filler cap may narerelease na hangin, parang sumisingaw siya. I'm thinking, since ginagamit ko pa din as everyday ride delikado ba yun? am i riding a walking timebomb?. Buti pa kayo naayos niyo na yung problema ng innova niyo.

I think that is normal. Same with our ride. But, I am getting worried....

Bros,- where is the exact spot where the leak is occurring? What are the tell-tale signs that there is an inherent problem? Can someone please share pictures of the tank and point out where the leak occurs (and if possible how it looks)?

TIA.

15.1K:bouncealt:

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

May handwritten number ba ang gas tanks ninyo?

Ours have it,- it looks like a chalk or a permanent white marker, and you can see it if you look underneath from the driver's side. It is written on the near-side of the tank and ours read 113xxx GAS 09....

15.1K:bouncealt:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    i had experienced this on my 2006 innova gas. buti na lang warranty pa. that time around 30K ang palit ng gas tank, charcoal canister and filler cap. right now i have a 2011 innova gas (forever innova! haha), i noticed pinalitan na nila yung design ng filler cap. yung dati pag sinasara ang tunog eh..."krrrrrrrk". yung ngayon eh..."krik"

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ours is a 2005 G innova gas, ran 35k km and never had this problem. most of the time fill to the brim pa kami. knock on wood, hopefully hindi mangyari sa amin.

Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes