New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    good day to all innova owners, i'm confusion which is right or wrong. In previous page it was discuss that having full tank always will prevent the this gas tank problem and right now ginnova experience having always empty tank doesn't have cause any problem at present. my question now, which between having full or empty tank can cause more vacuum pressure?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by annika View Post
    good day to all innova owners, i'm confusion which is right or wrong. In previous page it was discuss that having full tank always will prevent the this gas tank problem and right now ginnova experience having always empty tank doesn't have cause any problem at present. my question now, which between having full or empty tank can cause more vacuum pressure?
    pakisalin (translate) po sa Filipino para maunawaan ng maayos at masagot ang inyong katanungan. salamat!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    the more you open your filler cap, the less negative pressure that can accumulate.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    so the more frequent you gas-up, the better? Bihira ako mag-full tank. kapag long drive lang. medyo mabigat din kasi ang fuel.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I'll guess I will change my habit of having fuel once a week. sir ginnova gaano ka ba kadalas mag pa gas weekly? thanks

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    mga 2X a week

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yun nga din iniisip ko, why the hell does the gas tank accumulate negative pressure? My innova does that even when Bnew.

I think the tank has a regulated vacuum relief valve. kung totally nagetive pressure yon, mag crumple na kagad on the first full tank pa lang.

Ayoko lang makipagtalo sa casa at ubos oras. wala naman sira. Buksan ko na lang gas cap ko twice or thrice a week on a full tank of gas.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    the more you open your filler cap, the less negative pressure that can accumulate.
    Actually done that during those days when my gas tank floor was already warped and it did not helped, probably due to long travel hours (2-3hrs) per trip. At the parking lot I usually open the filler cap and immediately a loud metal popping sound will be heard underneath.

What actually lessen the negative pressure was, when the dealer cleaned the filler cap breather holes and the removal of that small filter mesh on top of the filler cap's breather holes.

I would highly suggest an annual checkup of the filler cap breather holes or even replacement if necessary.
    Last edited by Mile2; November 10th, 2010 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Addtional

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    ang bango ng garahe namin ngayon yun pala may tagas din innova namin. BTW 2008 vvti V model. Napalitan na leaking shocks under warranty tingnan ko bukas kung ano sasabihin ng casa.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    yun innova namin out of warranty na sabi ng service advisor la daw sila alam na defect ang innova sa tank. last toyota na namin yun innova

Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes