New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Just a precaution, I do monthly check on my under chassis parts. If I see gas tank floor warping then I think that's the signal to replace charcoal canister and filler cap.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I also encountered this gas tank leak recently but observed coming from a dent under the tank which possibly hit by hard stone or object. I am puzzled only why the leak occurs only between 9-10am & by running the car for about 1 km, the leak stopped....

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by danram View Post
    I also encountered this gas tank leak recently but observed coming from a dent under the tank which possibly hit by hard stone or object. I am puzzled only why the leak occurs only between 9-10am & by running the car for about 1 km, the leak stopped....

Where exactly is the dent located, bro.danram?....

15.3K:jazzybass:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    It was not hit by hard object. If the dent is located near the front strap support and the leak was located at the corner bends in the perimeter of the front strap support, it is the warping syndrome caused by negative pressure when you run the engine, in few more days your leak will get worse. Have your tank repaired immediately and replace the charcoal canister and filler cap. You need to act now or else your car might be part of statistic of burning Innova on the street.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    It was not hit by hard object. If the dent is located near the front strap support and the leak was located at the corner bends in the perimeter of the front strap support, it is the warping syndrome caused by negative pressure when you run the engine, in few more days your leak will get worse. Have your tank repaired immediately and replace the charcoal canister and filler cap. You need to act now or else your car might be part of statistic of burning Innova on the street.
    same thing happened to our 2007 innova. at first the leak would stop after running the engine then a couple of weeks later it would no longer stop leaking.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    welcome to the club bro! wag na hayaan lumala yan, ganyan din ako nung umpisa since tumitigil din ang leak i'll just let it pass until my nightmare came ang lakas na ng leak. obserbahan mo after shutting the engine off, buksan mo filler cap mo then look under your car mag start na leak niyan. Have the leak repaired, change the charcoal canister and filler cap. im about to buy my new charcoal canister and filler cap this week.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Ano ba nangyari sa toyota! Mukhang vios lang walang problema......

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Na addressed na ba ang gas tank issue sa 2012 Innova?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Na addressed na ba ang gas tank issue sa 2012 Innova?
    I have the facelifted 2012 innova. I haven't encountered the problem yet and I do pray will not. But I would like to know too if this problem has been addressed in the 2012 Innova. Can somebody please shed some light?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by laserbim View Post
    I have the facelifted 2012 innova. I haven't encountered the problem yet and I do pray will not. But I would like to know too if this problem has been addressed in the 2012 Innova. Can somebody please shed some light?
    I suggest like mile2 said, do regular check-ups sa gas tank assembly.

Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes