New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Mga sir,

Magkano po kaya ang aabutin sa repair ng Gas Tank at change ng charcoal canister at Filler cap if ever ako po ang gagastos? San po kaya pwede pagawa if not in casa. Pasensya na po pero naghahanap lang po ako ng mga factors para Toyota innova pa rin po ang kunin ko... gusto ko talaga innova lalo na sa interior nya. pakidelete na lang po kung OT.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    What the casa supervisor told me was, if you reached below half tank then that's the time to refill.
    wow...that's kinda like telling people to climb up a broken escalator so they can reach the second floor, since they can't or won't solve the problem.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by onguy14344 View Post
    *tggerhapi, sir nagpalit na kayo ng Gas Tank, Charcoal Canister at Filler Cap? Di ba nasolusyunan ung problema?
    *onguy14344
    Yes sir, nakapagpapalit na ako twice na . yun first, pina remedyohan ko muna sa talyer, kaso ndi rin nagtagal nag leak ulit. then dinala ko na sa casa, pero hindi pinalitan yun Charcoal Canister & Filler Cap, kaya cguro bumalik yun problema after 8 months. And i happen to read this thread having similar problem. This time nun pinalitan yun Gas tank, pinalitan na din yun charcoal canister & filler cap. And now i have 2 defective gas tank at home. Since wala pang binigay na permanent solution, i always check the fuel tank for any signs of deformation.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tggerhapi View Post
    *onguy14344
    Yes sir, nakapagpapalit na ako twice na . yun first, pina remedyohan ko muna sa talyer, kaso ndi rin nagtagal nag leak ulit. then dinala ko na sa casa, pero hindi pinalitan yun Charcoal Canister & Filler Cap, kaya cguro bumalik yun problema after 8 months. And i happen to read this thread having similar problem. This time nun pinalitan yun Gas tank, pinalitan na din yun charcoal canister & filler cap. And now i have 2 defective gas tank at home. Since wala pang binigay na permanent solution, i always check the fuel tank for any signs of deformation.
    * tggerhapi,
    bigla akong napabuntung hininga dun sir. Meron po ba kayong binayaran sa casa nung palit lahat?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hi! First time ko po mag post dito and I just replaced our tank about 3 months ago but before that I had the tank repaired sa shop, which didn't hold. pwede ko pa ba claim under warranty? at first akala ko may tinamaan yung tank pero the location of the dent made no sense then I read this post. May possible problem pala sa tank. nung pinareplace ko walang mention of a possible problem sabi ng tao nila tinamaan daw ng bato or something.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by leumas08 View Post
    Hi! First time ko po mag post dito and I just replaced our tank about 3 months ago but before that I had the tank repaired sa shop, which didn't hold. pwede ko pa ba claim under warranty? at first akala ko may tinamaan yung tank pero the location of the dent made no sense then I read this post. May possible problem pala sa tank. nung pinareplace ko walang mention of a possible problem sabi ng tao nila tinamaan daw ng bato or something.
    Ano pong variant ang unit nyo? Gas or Diesel?

Ano pong unit nyo? Innova, Fortuner or Hilux?

Pag nagpalit kayo ng gas tank dapat palitan din yung Charcoal Cannister at Filler Cap kung hindi uulit ang problem within few months. Kung di napalitan yung Charcoal Canister at Filler Cap, silipin mo yung gas tank mong bago kung may deformation na, pag may deformation na bilang ka lang ng ilang buwan at magkakaroon na ulit ng leak yan dahil punit na yung pinaka-kanto.

Ganyan din yung first gas tank replacement ko sabi ng casa tinaman daw ng bato kaya sa insurance ko pinadaan ang replacement. And then nagpagawa na ko ng skid plates to protect the tank pero umulit ang problem without a scratch sa skid plate, deform ulit ang gas tank while intact ang skid plates. Eto yung ipinalaban ko sa warranty claim on the 2nd gas tank, walang reason na tinamaan ng bato kasi buo ang skid plates.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    hindi kaya dahil sa e-10 gasoline na kinakarga natin kaya nagkakaproblema ang mga gas tanks ng innova. may mga nabasa kasi ako na nakakasira daw ng gas tank ang gasoline na may e-10 blend.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dongding79 View Post
    hindi kaya dahil sa e-10 gasoline na kinakarga natin kaya nagkakaproblema ang mga gas tanks ng innova. may mga nabasa kasi ako na nakakasira daw ng gas tank ang gasoline na may e-10 blend.
    Surely it is not from the E10 blend. It was the negative pressure build up on the tank when the engine is running which causes the deformation on the tank floor (sucking the floor inward), and when the engine is off the negative pressure is then released slowly and the the tank floor flips back to its original position. Constant bending and flipping of the tank floor would result to permanent huge dent plus crack on the cornered bends just beneath the tank "front" support strap. The huge dent and crack would always be visible beneath the front support strap.

The problematic leak area is uniform to every cases I have known and seen, and this is suppose to be a serious matter that Toyota should consider and have disclose.

I have spent the effort to put skid plates on the gas tank to prove that the dent was not due to accident but rather a faulty fuel system which should be covered by warranty but still I battle my claim that took more than a month before they replace my 2nd gas tank plus charcoal canister and filler cap.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    Surely it is not from the E10 blend. It was the negative pressure build up on the tank when the engine is running which causes the deformation on the tank floor (sucking the floor inward), and when the engine is off the negative pressure is then released slowly and the the tank floor flips back to its original position. Constant bending and flipping of the tank floor would result to permanent huge dent plus crack on the cornered bends just beneath the tank "front" support strap. The huge dent and crack would always be visible beneath the front support strap.

The problematic leak area is uniform to every cases I have known and seen, and this is suppose to be a serious matter that Toyota should consider and have disclose.

I have spent the effort to put skid plates on the gas tank to prove that the dent was not due to accident but rather a faulty fuel system which should be covered by warranty but still I battle my claim that took more than a month before they replace my 2nd gas tank plus charcoal canister and filler cap.
    can we write a letter to DTI regarding this?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dongding79 View Post
    if that's true, then other car brands should have the same problem. If not...then the problem would be specific to toyota.

if a gas tank can't handle ethanol blends, then it should be considered substandard. All the politics going on about where to source ethanol notwithstanding, we've already gone with E10 -- i hope we don't take a step back.

Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes