New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Thanks *Mile2

by my layman's analysis,i observe that not having a full tank regularly is the simple solution to the problem as the fuel delivery system of the vvti is creating a vaccum by reintroducing gas vapors thru the charcoal canisters to maximize fuel eficiency. But in the process created the so-called gas tank woes as the tank design did not cope up with it. If a full tank is unavoidable, its a good habit to open the filler cap once in a while to release the built up pressure therefore relieving the tank to absorb it for long. Ive done it myself and noticed a whossing or popping
    sound (not really sure though) revealing the pressure building in the tank and that's only when it's just a quarter full.

and like our resident guru *Mile2, had also my lpg installed
    and will not have a full tank of gas for quite a while.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if its still unavoidable even if the charcoal canister and gas tank is replaced, then the flaw is in the tank design - tank shouldn't warp easily even if in sustained pressure - wheter postive or negative.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I would agree that there's a problem in gas tank design. Point of fuel leakage and metal breakage was consistent - it is always underneath the front gas tank support.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Oct 2008 purchased innova (facelifted) gas variant
    Tanong ko lang kung kasali ba ito sa gas tank problem?
    Balak ko munang palitan yung fuel filler cap pero hindi ko alam kung ito yung revised (mas malalaking butas). Hindi ko kasi alam ang ichura nung luma o bago. Papost din ng picture ng old and new filler cap kung meron. Salamat ng madami mga boss

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    so, ang solusyon for a brand new innova vvti is change to a lpg para wala na talagang problem sa gas tank? or nasolve na ang problemang ito by changing the gas tank design for the 2011 and up models? nalilito ako kung anu gagawin. hope someone can update the status of this problem.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by b3ndz View Post
    so, ang solusyon for a brand new innova vvti is change to a lpg para wala na talagang problem sa gas tank? or nasolve na ang problemang ito by changing the gas tank design for the 2011 and up models? nalilito ako kung anu gagawin. hope someone can update the status of this problem.
    Note, it's not change to lpg but just a kit installation for you to be able to run on lpg. Installing an LPG kit is not a specific fix. When you're not using gasoline, there is no vacuum being developed for obvious reasons. It's just a positive effect of having the lpg kit. If you're experiencing the symptoms, popping of tank, significant vacuum when removing fuel filler cap, then it's probably time to go to the dealer for an inspection.

Question for Mile2, what does a charcoal canister do? Are D4D fuel tanks equipped with it as well. TIA.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Guys ask ko lang if theres a charcoal canister for D4D engines?If there is where can I find it?

tia

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    Question for Mile2, what does a charcoal canister do? Are D4D fuel tanks equipped with it as well. TIA.
    Here's some reading articles of Charcola canister. The Purpose of a Charcoal Canister | eHow.com

Not sure of D4d if it has charcoal canister.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by b3ndz View Post
    LPG conversion is NOT the solution for this problem.

To make thing simpler:

If you do not have this warping gas tank problem problem you will need not worry.

If you experienced this problem: You should replace three parts strictly to correct the problem:
    1. Gas Tank Assembly
    2. Charcoal Canister
    3. Fuel Filler Cap

And most importantly, don't fill your fuel up to the neck of your filler port most of the time.

Hope this clears things and I think newer models don't experience this anymore as there are no more complainants in this board.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    pag diesel engine walang canister.. pero may one way valve yan to let air in.. sa gasoline engine kasi nag produce ng vapor ang gasoline kaya need yan to vent out.. but environment regulations don't allow venting of gasoline vapor hence for the use of canister to process the vapor back to the tank...

Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes