New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 119 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cfule View Post
    The MI rep is probably right on saying that they are both CVT. Sometimes we, the enthusiasts, knows better about our car than them. when i was getting my XT unit last mar19 and the sales rep was walking me through the car before handing me the keys, i got most of the features correct than the sales rep. According to numerous review sites from the US and australia, the XT indeed has a different kind of CVT to handle all that power.
    OT mode:

Hahaha! I'm definitely no mechanical or tech expert, but i'll take enthusiast anyday

It is a bit of a downer that the people who are supposed to know are the ones that dont. Its not often a new car is launched within a brand so I guess I expected the MI reps to be of higher caliber than your "generic" toyota etc reps and know more about their stuff than other brand reps. Like they can take you out on a test drive and demonstrate the features of the car. If it were me I would definitely want to know about that and what the competition has so I can easily excite and differentiate my product for customers.

It makes me wonder if I were to walk into Autostrada and interview the people there, would they know more about their cars than someone who just read stuff off the internet a day or two before....

Back to Topic:

Please continue to share your experiences with your new XT! I know its a lot to ask but perhaps you can make a monthly blog of what your experiences are with it, or until more people start giving their info.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LoBudget View Post
    Did you mean the 2.0i-L with CVT or the XS which as 4AT? Should we just call it the L, the NA, the FL, the FNA?? :S

I am hoping that the numbers pan out close to the XV since they have the same engine but the Forester is just slightly heavier. Too bad they dint make it DI like on the XT, it might have made some HP difference.

Does anyone know if the XT has a different CVT than the non-Turbo Forester, as the article from that other website seems to differentiate it as a high-torque CVT for the XT. However MI rep said they have the same transmission.
    My bad, so it's not called XS now sir? I was referring to the 2014 NA variant with CVT . Maybe we can refer to it as the 2014 NA heheh!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Sweet. I read the cabin and engine are quieter and more refined. Not to nitpick but I'd prefer the paddles to not turn with the steering wheel. I dislike that with my FD Civic.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Sir Cfule, is there a special package for the Forester, like insurance, LTO registration, discounts, etc? Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by supermanila View Post
    Sir Cfule, is there a special package for the Forester, like insurance, LTO registration, discounts, etc? Thanks!
    unfortunately no discounts and free insurance and LTO. Free tint and floor matts lang since this new forester is not even officially launched yet. ngayon pa lang daw car show sa april 4 to 6 ata.

update on FC

filled fuel: 44.86 liters
    km run: 285.5kms
    condition: 50% city, 50% hiway with lots of WOT
    trip computer: 14.2L/100km (7.04km/L)
    mano mano compute: 6.36km/L

this is one thirsty car if you are gunning it!!! hopefully this will still improve once na medyo na "break-in" na yung engine. i will try not to gun it starting from this refill, lets see if i can reach 9km/L.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Ano ang SF mo? XT? Hindi rin pala nagkakalayo dun sa luma ang FC.

unfortunately no discounts and free insurance and LTO. Free tint and floor matts lang since this new forester is not even officially launched yet. ngayon pa lang daw car show sa april 4 to 6 ata.

update on FC

filled fuel: 44.86 liters
    km run: 285.5kms
    condition: 50% city, 50% hiway with lots of WOT
    trip computer: 14.2L/100km (7.04km/L)
    mano mano compute: 6.36km/L

this is one thirsty car if you are gunning it!!! hopefully this will still improve once na medyo na "break-in" na yung engine. i will try not to gun it starting from this refill, lets see if i can reach 9km/L.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    Ano ang SF mo? XT? Hindi rin pala nagkakalayo dun sa luma ang FC.
    anong SF sir?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Saw a white NA variant today at EDSA-Buendia. Looks really nice.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    anong SF sir?
    I guess SF is the new Forester model designation. The previous one was called SH. Ya pareho lang halos ang fuel consumption with my SH XT. I use mano mano calculation too which is more accurate. Good luck in resisting the urge to gunnit. It's hopeless I tell you.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by desmosedici View Post
    I guess SF is the new Forester model designation. The previous one was called SH. Ya pareho lang halos ang fuel consumption with my SH XT. I use mano mano calculation too which is more accurate. Good luck in resisting the urge to gunnit. It's hopeless I tell you.
    ah SF is subaru forester hehehe, well i guess sir imperialv didn't back read on my posts. yes sir, its the new SF 2013 XT (in other countries its 2014). yeah iv tried not to gun it from my last refill, but the urge to step on it is stronger hehehe. by my standard matakaw na sakin yung 06civic 2.0 with paddle shifters when gun it mode, nakaka 9km/L pa ako dun. e dito medyo shocker pa yung 6.36 km/L

this link was taken from the santa fe 3rd gen thread
    Performance results for 2012 - 2013 Car of the Year Philippines nominees now out

if the manufacturers claim of 0-100kph for the new forester turbo is 6.2s, we as owners might not be able to replicate that time, and put it at real world 7sec, i guess we, XT owners are the fastest among all those cars wonder why they didn't test the forester XT, kahit yung previous gen coz that is what 's availble during their testing period.

another useful link
    http://www.zeroto60times.com/