New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 119 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cfule View Post
    got my unit, pearl white 2.0 XT FC is 11.4 liters per 100km according to trip computer (8.77km/L). did full tank, consume, then full tank again. my mano mano compute is 8.05km/L. from alabang going to makati via skyway with occasional WOT, then makati to quezon province via slex and national hiway with lots of WOT for overtaking hehe.

travelled: 153.75km
    refilled fuel: 19.08 liters
    km/L: 8.05km/L 20% city, 80% hiway, with lots of WOT

im sure i can improve this by not spooling the turbo too much

loaded 56 liters of petron blaze 100 ron fuel from alabang (full tank)
    reloaded 19.08 liters of XCS only at quezon province (full tank), since no blaze available
    Lucky! I was told that orders would arrive in April, looks like there is a line already.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Curious as well about the power delivery via the CVT?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    sorry for not posting pics yet, been busy the whole day. there is indeed a que already for orders. it just so happened that my bank agent is a top rank bank employee and they cant say no to her hehe, and my papers are trouble free (for loan), kumpleto na agad, paspasan (excited), kaya makakarelease agad ng unit. when i got mine mar19, it was only the 3rd day that subaru is releasing units manila wide.

regarding for the power, my only point of reference to compare the new forester xt are these cars that we own:
    2006 civic 2.0, paddle shift (mine)
    2007 jazz 1.5 CVT
    2009 tucson crdi

and oh boy, what sweet power it gives! at normal mode, INTELLIGENT setting, it feels like a conventional CVT of the jazz, lags instantaneous power, rubber band feel. put it in SPORT SHARP mode, shifter in M mode, and use the paddle shifters, i cant believe its a CVT! it holds its rev, and keeps the turbo spool happy!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    sorry for not posting pics yet, been busy the whole day. there is indeed a que already for orders. it just so happened that my bank agent is a top rank bank employee and they cant say no to her hehe, and my papers are trouble free (for loan), kumpleto na agad, paspasan (excited), kaya makakarelease agad ng unit. when i got mine mar19, it was only the 3rd day that subaru is releasing units manila wide.

regarding for the power, my only point of reference to compare the new forester xt are these cars that we own:
    2006 civic 2.0, paddle shift (mine)
    2007 jazz 1.5 CVT
    2009 tucson crdi

and oh boy, what sweet power it gives! at normal mode, INTELLIGENT setting, it feels like a conventional CVT of the jazz, lags instantaneous power, rubber band feel. put it in SPORT SHARP mode, shifter in M mode, and use the paddle shifters, i cant believe its a CVT! it holds its rev, and keeps the turbo spool happy!
    Congrats Sir.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    more interior photos:

2.0i

XT

yung HU parang sa Suzuki lang...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Looks like a standard 2-din. Madali lang palitan. Di na kelangan ng faceplate adapter

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    got my unit, pearl white 2.0 XT FC is 11.4 liters per 100km according to trip computer (8.77km/L). did full tank, consume, then full tank again. my mano mano compute is 8.05km/L. from alabang going to makati via skyway with occasional WOT, then makati to quezon province via slex and national hiway with lots of WOT for overtaking hehe.

travelled: 153.75km
    refilled fuel: 19.08 liters
    km/L: 8.05km/L 20% city, 80% hiway, with lots of WOT

im sure i can improve this by not spooling the turbo too much

loaded 56 liters of petron blaze 100 ron fuel from alabang (full tank)
    reloaded 19.08 liters of XCS only at quezon province (full tank), since no blaze available

Share your FC of your new FXT. Sweet ride, I was at MI GH the other day and had a good feel of it. Congrats and enjoy!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Congrats sir! Woner how Subaru's claimed FC on Manila roads fares :D That's going to be sweet, when the XT will be capable of ~15 km/l. Feedback from another forum is that the 2.0 FXS can do XV-like numbers (~10 city driving) as per the on board computer.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    Congrats sir! Woner how Subaru's claimed FC on Manila roads fares :D That's going to be sweet, when the XT will be capable of ~15 km/l. Feedback from another forum is that the 2.0 FXS can do XV-like numbers (~10 city driving) as per the on board computer.
    Did you mean the 2.0i-L with CVT or the XS which as 4AT? Should we just call it the L, the NA, the FL, the FNA?? :S

I am hoping that the numbers pan out close to the XV since they have the same engine but the Forester is just slightly heavier. Too bad they dint make it DI like on the XT, it might have made some HP difference.

Does anyone know if the XT has a different CVT than the non-Turbo Forester, as the article from that other website seems to differentiate it as a high-torque CVT for the XT. However MI rep said they have the same transmission.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LoBudget View Post
    Did you mean the 2.0i-L with CVT or the XS which as 4AT? Should we just call it the L, the NA, the FL, the FNA?? :S

I am hoping that the numbers pan out close to the XV since they have the same engine but the Forester is just slightly heavier. Too bad they dint make it DI like on the XT, it might have made some HP difference.

Does anyone know if the XT has a different CVT than the non-Turbo Forester, as the article from that other website seems to differentiate it as a high-torque CVT for the XT. However MI rep said they have the same transmission.
    The MI rep is probably right on saying that they are both CVT. Sometimes we, the enthusiasts, knows better about our car than them. when i was getting my XT unit last mar19 and the sales rep was walking me through the car before handing me the keys, i got most of the features correct than the sales rep. According to numerous review sites from the US and australia, the XT indeed has a different kind of CVT to handle all that power.